Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nadal: winning record vs the other Big 3! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=421603)

DRII 04-23-2012 06:16 PM

Nadal: winning record vs the other Big 3!

None of the other Big 4 players can claim this! How significant an achievement is this? Especially considering the lack of depth in the last decade, i think Nadal's record speaks volumes!

Clarky21 04-23-2012 06:22 PM

Well,his record against Djesus is 17-14. Not much of a lead there,and probably will be in the negative by years end. This kind of stuff really doesn't matter anyway. What matters are titles/slams.

Tammo 04-23-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6484397)
Well,his record against Djesus is 17-14. Not much of a lead there,and probably will be in the negative by years end. This kind of stuff really doesn't matter anyway. What matters are titles/slams.

then why are you bringing it up?

SStrikerR 04-23-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRII (Post 6484388)
None of the other Big 4 players can claim this! How significant an achievement is this? Especially considering the lack of depth in the last decade, i think Nadal's record speaks volumes!

Head to head doesn't mean s*** until everybody retires.

Clarky21 04-23-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tammo (Post 6484407)
then why are you bringing it up?

Did I start this thread? No,I didn't.

Semi-Pro 04-23-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRII (Post 6484388)

YOU DATA DOG, YOU!

nadal_slam_king 04-23-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6484397)

By the end of the year, or by the end of the clay season Nadal will have a similar lead over Djokovic to what Sampras had over Agassi. That is a substantial lead. I know you love Nadal but it is greedy to expect Nadal to lead everyone the way he leads Federer.

DRII 04-24-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6484552)
By the end of the year, or by the end of the clay season Nadal will have a similar lead over Djokovic to what Sampras had over Agassi. That is a substantial lead. I know you love Nadal but it is greedy to expect Nadal to lead everyone the way he leads Federer.

Uh Oh...

:)

Oh no you didn't...

Magnus 04-24-2012 05:23 AM

Take clay out of the equation, and you get some bad results for cheater.

veroniquem 04-24-2012 05:41 AM

According to semis and finals results, Nadal is the toughest player for the other top 3.
Semis and finals lost to other top 4:

Federer: 5 to Murray
10 to Djoko
17 to Nadal

Djokovic: 4 to Murray
10 to Fed
12 to Nadal

Murray: 5 to Fed
6 to Djoko
9 to Nadal

Nadal: 4 to Murray
9 to Fed
12 to Djoko

Murray is also the easiest one to handle for the other top players, no surprise there.

nadal_slam_king 04-24-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnus (Post 6485089)
Take clay out of the equation, and you get some bad results for cheater.

Is it not enough that hardcourt gets 2 slams per year? Now clay is supposed to be taken out of the head2head? Hardcourt didn't even have a slam in Laver's day, and hardcourt probably won't have a slam in 20 years when people realize the damage it is doing to players backs, hips and knees. Clay and grass have always been here and will never go away. Hardcourt is the imposter.

Slice&Smash 04-24-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Nice joke :)

Slice&Smash 04-24-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStrikerR (Post 6484457)
Head to head doesn't mean s*** until everybody retires.

Exactly. He will be losing much more as he ages, just like everyone else.

Evan77 04-24-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

bud, you are so delusional that it's not even fun. Djokovic OWNS Nadal. I don't care that Nadal who peaked earlier in his career was beating young Novak. their h2h means nothing, it's very close. However, Djokovic leads 7:1 in last 18 months or so (all finals). so, only someone who is a blind worshiper (like you) can not see that. I wish I could help you but it's not possible.

DjokovicForTheWin 04-24-2012 07:35 AM

Djoker overall does not own Nadal yet. But Djoker 2.0 completely owns Nadal. Wait and see as it gets worse and worse.

nadal_slam_king 04-24-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan77 (Post 6485290)
bud, you are so delusional that it's not even fun. Djokovic OWNS Nadal. I don't care that Nadal who peaked earlier in his career was beating young Novak. their h2h means nothing, it's very close. However, Djokovic leads 7:1 in last 18 months or so (all finals). so, only someone who is a blind worshiper (like you) can not see that. I wish I could help you but it's not possible.

Well, Djokovic had a successful 12 months. It was bound to happen one year.

Evan77 04-24-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjokovicForTheWin (Post 6485307)
Djoker overall does not own Nadal yet. But Djoker 2.0 completely owns Nadal. Wait and see as it gets worse and worse.

well, that was my point :). It's just that certain 'Rafafans' refuse to see it.

nadal_slam_king 04-24-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjokovicForTheWin (Post 6485307)

Nadal 2011 US Open vs Nadal 2010 US Open, is a joke. And serve is the least of it, it is so much more mentally and physically. So I wouldn't get carried away with Djokovic "2.0". Nadal can remove Djokovic 2.0 quite swiftly.

DRII 04-24-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6485317)
Nadal 2011 US Open vs Nadal 2010 US Open, is a joke. And serve is the least of it, it is so much more mentally and physically. So I wouldn't get carried away with Djokovic "2.0". Nadal can remove Djokovic 2.0 quite swiftly.

I agree that Nadal USO 2010 edges Nole 2011 (hardcourt); I wouldn't use Nole 2011 USO because i don't think he or Nadal played that well during the 2011 USO final.

During the M.C. final this week, Nadal gained backed some ability on his backhand and his serve (although still not close to his 2010 USO serve). His return and passing shots are still lacking. It amazes me how offensive Nadal is on the return when his opponent’s serve is just long or is a let. He goes for it during those circumstances and paints the lines with excellent pace. However during a normal return, particularly on the second serve, Nadal just wants to get the return in with heavy spin to start the point, often landing the return short.

Truth be told, Nole was not playing at 100%; all of his shots were there (still pushing Nadal around during some points) but he was not mentally tough as usual -- and he knows more than anyone that any opponent must be mentally strong to compete with Nadal.

Nole has declined since 2011, similar to how Nadal declined from 2010 to 2011, i think parity between the two is much closer now and started to be so at the 2012 Aussie Open final. Either could have won that match.

I still think peak Nadal > peak Nole; but it is very close as 2008 showed.

DjokovicForTheWin 04-24-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadal_slam_king (Post 6485317)

Nadal cannot defeat Djoker 2.0. He is simply not good enough. Watch in the coming months as Nadal fans become more and more demoralized.