Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Djokovic pulls out of Serbia Open (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=421736)

Tabash 04-25-2012 03:46 AM

Djokovic pulls out of Serbia Open
 
Djokovic not playing Belgrade due to personal reasons.

Quote:

Novak Djokovic has decided to pull out of the Serbia Open tournament, an ATP World Tour 250 event taking place in Belgrade from April 30 to May 6.

“After consulting with my family, I’ve made a decision not to take part in the tournament this year. I will take some time, try restore my emotional energy. This is certainly one of the toughest decisions in my career, but it is impossible for me to play in the next few days and to think about tennis, when there are some other things in my head,” Djokovic explained.

http://novakdjokovic.com/en/news/ten...s-serbia-open/

vive le beau jeu ! 04-25-2012 04:22 AM

good decision, he probably needs that after the loss of his grandad... :-|
hope he'll come back fresh at madrid and be focused as before !

CocaCola 04-25-2012 04:45 AM

Good for him.

dudeski 04-25-2012 05:30 AM

Excellent decision. Save energy for later Nole.

DjokovicForTheWin 04-25-2012 05:41 AM

Wow, I'm surprised Nole even got to the final with that hanging over him so heavy. What a warrior. Once he heals, watch out ATP tour, it's lights out.

joechiang 04-25-2012 05:41 AM

Then Belgrade will be a tragedy.

Sentinel 04-25-2012 05:42 AM

Wise move to reduce the number of tournaments he is playing.

tennis_pro 04-25-2012 05:46 AM

Yea, expected.

brettsticker86 04-25-2012 06:04 AM

Im not much of a djokovic fan, but this is devastating for anyone and you never wish it upon them. God bless the djokovic family and may they find peace in a trying time. Good decision to take some personal time off. Hope to see him back soon.

Evan77 04-25-2012 06:06 AM

That little tournament can not depend on Djokovic. He has nothing to gain there. Good decision. Why would world #1 play a 250 tournament, even if it's in his home town? Also, he needs some time off to properly grieve over his grandpa death. I don't think he should have played MC either.

phnx90 04-25-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan77 (Post 6487219)
That little tournament can not depend on Djokovic. He has nothing to gain there. Good decision. Why would world #1 play a 250 tournament, even if it's in his home town?

Technically, it's not his home town anymore.

sillymonkey 04-25-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettsticker86 (Post 6487215)
Im not much of a djokovic fan, but this is devastating for anyone and you never wish it upon them. God bless the djokovic family and may they find peace in a trying time. Good decision to take some personal time off. Hope to see him back soon.

Agree. You definitely need some time off after a loss of someone close.

monfed 04-25-2012 07:46 AM

I thought he was gonna tank,what happened? :D

Evan77 04-25-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phnx90 (Post 6487227)
Technically, it's not his home town anymore.

well, I know he lives in Monte Carlo but he was born in Belgrade. He can not live in Belgrade because he wouldn't be even able to walk on the street, he simply wouldn't have any privacy. From what I'm getting from different articles he is God in Serbia. When I saw that '60 minutes' show I couldn't believe how popular he is there.

now, again, that tournament needs to find a way to attract better players. They can not depend on Djokovic.

Spider 04-25-2012 08:22 AM

Good decision. A challenger level tournament or worse doesn't deserve the world number one player's participation.

monfed 04-25-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider (Post 6487476)
Good decision. A challenger level tournament or worse doesn't deserve the world number one player's participation.

I would've agreed if it wasn't his home tournament. The only reason why it's acceptable is -

A) Personal loss

B) Packed schedule which could jeopardise bigger tournaments.


But my intuition is that you were alluding to a packed schedule and his personal loss.

Sentinel 04-25-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan77 (Post 6487388)

now, again, that tournament needs to find a way to attract better players. They can not depend on Djokovic.

Ah great, that gives Nadal a chance to win another tournament !! *naughty grin*

DjokovicForTheWin 04-25-2012 09:45 AM

Djokovic definitely gets a break for this. It's not like it's something trivial like parents splitting when you are already an adult.

Cesc Fabregas 04-25-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjokovicForTheWin (Post 6487624)
Djokovic definitely gets a break for this. It's not like it's something trivial like parents splitting when you are already an adult.

You're using Djokovic's grandfather's death to score points over Nadal. Mods, ban this guy.

Evan77 04-25-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 6487516)
Ah great, that gives Nadal a chance to win another tournament !! *naughty grin*

lol, well maybe Rafa will decide to play the SO this year ... :)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse