Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   tennis in colorado? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=424682)

not_federer 05-19-2012 01:24 PM

tennis in colorado?

I'm traveling to colorado soon and I want to hit with someone while I'm there. I've never played at altitude before and I'd like to try. I'll be flying into denver next week and staying around the area so let me know if anyone is interested. Have car, will travel.

the 10s n00b 07-04-2012 08:20 AM

For sure! What dates and ntrp?

comeback 08-28-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 10s n00b (Post 6691907)
For sure! What dates and ntrp?

Hi 10/s i plan on moving from NJ to Denver area about 20 minutes from Gates Tennis Center..i saw some other clubs in the area which i plan to visit in Dec..What do you recommend? i am a 4.5-5-0 level player but older now and like good doubles

LuckyR 08-29-2012 10:43 AM

My guess is the Denver 5.0s are likely not hanging at the Gates center.

Fusker 08-29-2012 12:40 PM

Gates has a pretty active challenge ladder. Summer is busier than fall, but there were a dozen guys playing 5.0 this summer and 40-50 playing 4.5. You can go to http://www.gatestenniscenter.info/ and see the ladder list (password is "summer" or "fall" depending on season). Most guys communicate via email, so I'd go that route.

If you're interested in hitting next week, let me know. I play on the 4.5 ladder here, but will be free Thursday or Friday evening next week. I'll bring the high altitude balls.

Comeback, there are plenty of clubs in the area, but Gates is public so you only pay for what you use. They keep a pretty active schedule of drill classes going too. Court times are $8/hour prime time and $6/hour the remainder. Downside is they don't have indoor courts, but the weather in Denver is such that I've played outdoors in shorts on Christmas days several years. It could also be a blizzard, but tennis outdoors is pretty well guaranteed 10 months a year.

NLBwell 09-01-2012 09:51 PM

Do they shovel the courts at Gates? The problem isn't usually the weather, but that it takes a few days for the snow to melt and then it snows again.

Fusker 09-07-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLBwell (Post 6856299)
Do they shovel the courts at Gates? The problem isn't usually the weather, but that it takes a few days for the snow to melt and then it snows again.

They typically keep about six courts shoveled and clear during the winter.

NLBwell 09-07-2012 10:44 PM

Great, thanks for the info.

comeback 11-07-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusker (Post 6844629)
Gates has a pretty active challenge ladder. Summer is busier than fall, but there were a dozen guys playing 5.0 this summer and 40-50 playing 4.5. You can go to http://www.gatestenniscenter.info/ and see the ladder list (password is "summer" or "fall" depending on season). Most guys communicate via email, so I'd go that route.

If you're interested in hitting next week, let me know. I play on the 4.5 ladder here, but will be free Thursday or Friday evening next week. I'll bring the high altitude balls.

Comeback, there are plenty of clubs in the area, but Gates is public so you only pay for what you use. They keep a pretty active schedule of drill classes going too. Court times are $8/hour prime time and $6/hour the remainder. Downside is they don't have indoor courts, but the weather in Denver is such that I've played outdoors in shorts on Christmas days several years. It could also be a blizzard, but tennis outdoors is pretty well guaranteed 10 months a year.

Thanks Fusker, i plan to be visiting Denver Dec 18-28-12..My email is schroback@gmail.com

comeback 01-19-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comeback (Post 7001270)
Thanks Fusker, i plan to be visiting Denver Dec 18-28-12..My email is schroback@gmail.com

Hi Fusker, Got back from my visit i am now planning to move to Highlands Ranch and checked out the Northridge Rec Center indoor..looks pretty good there and that whole HR area for tennis

Fusker 01-22-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comeback (Post 7137109)
Hi Fusker, Got back from my visit i am now planning to move to Highlands Ranch and checked out the Northridge Rec Center indoor..looks pretty good there and that whole HR area for tennis

Ah, sorry I missed you. I just stumbled back on this thread and had forgotten about it. HR is a good location for tennis. When you move out, let me know and we'll meet up. I'm actually moving in a couple months back down that way into Littleton. I've done some drills at Northridge as a non-member a few times just to get some indoor playing in when we hit a long patch of bad weather.

comeback 01-26-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusker (Post 7149561)
Ah, sorry I missed you. I just stumbled back on this thread and had forgotten about it. HR is a good location for tennis. When you move out, let me know and we'll meet up. I'm actually moving in a couple months back down that way into Littleton. I've done some drills at Northridge as a non-member a few times just to get some indoor playing in when we hit a long patch of bad weather.

ok Fusker i s/b he in HR sometime in 2013..i will contact you then..send me your email, mine is comeback@safe-mail.net

Fusker 02-02-2013 02:16 PM

Mine is "peterryanjefferson at gmail.com". Look forward to meeting you and hitting. It was 53 and sunny today, so I got a couple hours of hitting in. Spring's around the corner.