Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2012 NCAA Men's Doubles Tournament (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=425039)

TopDawg 05-22-2012 07:44 AM

2012 NCAA Men's Doubles Tournament

Bracket is out as well.

Clemson_tennis 05-22-2012 01:38 PM

The only real interest I have in this tournament is pulling against the Hunter Reese/Mikelis Libietis team.

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 6558690)
The only real interest I have in this tournament is pulling against the Hunter Reese/Mikelis Libietis team.

That's kind of pathetic.

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 01:41 PM

@TopDawg do you know why there is no live feed on Court 11? So disappointing - not that it's your fault at all - just wondering?

Clemson_tennis 05-24-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8Tennis (Post 6563966)
That's kind of pathetic.

I'm not a fan of the Vols tennis team.

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 6564013)

Kinda figured!

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 6564013)

Why so intense? They're just kids, after all.

Clemson_tennis 05-24-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8Tennis (Post 6564027)
Why so intense? They're just kids, after all.

They are peers to me

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:11 PM

I wanted desperately to go to Clemson, but my parents made me go to UT. Now I just live by the old Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young song: Love the one you're with. And I really hate that you hate our team so much. Now I sound pathetic :) but I think we all need to support each other - college tennis gets so little love! Sending good thoughts your way Clemson_tennis!

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 6564036)
They are peers to me

Ahhhhhh! I thought you were old like me! That does make a difference. But still - doesn't do you any good to hate!

Clemson_tennis 05-24-2012 02:15 PM

Ok well here is the thing. When certain players on the Vol team take things to the social media, then this is what happens, in reference to my most annoying list on the Clemson tennis thread(which you know I state up front it was more of a for fun thing). Plus I didn't even put Tennessee #1.

Plus I have always liked Texas Tech's team and that's who Reese and Libietis are playing against.

Clemson_tennis 05-24-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8Tennis (Post 6564037)
I wanted desperately to go to Clemson, but my parents made me go to UT. Now I just live by the old Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young song: Love the one you're with. And I really hate that you hate our team so much. Now I sound pathetic :) but I think we all need to support each other - college tennis gets so little love! Sending good thoughts your way Clemson_tennis!

That's true. I respect every player in college tennis at that level even if I pull for some over others. People don't realize how much these guys work and how much pressure they face. It really is a great sport that I try and get peope to get interested in.

also whenever a college player tries there hand at the pros I support them even I was not their biggest fan in college. Like I was not a fan of Rhyne Williams but now I wish him the best in the ATP. And if Cunha decides to go pro I will support him even though I am not his fan right now.

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 6564045)
Ok well here is the thing. When certain players on the Vol team take things to the social media, then this is what happens, in reference to my most annoying list on the Clemson tennis thread(which you know I state up front it was more of a for fun thing). Plus I didn't even put Tennessee #1.

Plus I have always liked Texas Tech's team and that's who Reese and Libietis are playing against.

I saw that list and I admit that I thought it was pretty funny! But you think FB is different than this forum? Because it was an exclusively Clemson thread? Most guys would respond, though, don't you think? And was it just a sliiiiiight exaggeration to say that Hunter said whatever it was 5 or 6 times each point? That WOULD be insane and pretty hard to do! Did you hate our team before that?

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 6564046)
That's true. I respect every player in college tennis at that level even if I pull for some over others. People don't realize how much these guys work and how much pressure they face. It really is a great sport that I try and get peope to get interested in.

also whenever a college player tries there hand at the pros I support them even I was not their biggest fan in college. Like I was not a fan of Rhyne Williams but now I wish him the best in the ATP. And if Cunha decides to go pro I will support him even though I am not his fan right now.

Honestly I have a hard time pulling for Rhyne bc of his attitude on court in college and in the pros. I don't know him at all, but everyone always says he's a great guy off the court. But doesn't everyone say that about everyone? The other two Vols who are out there seem like great guys.

Thanks for dialoguing! Class!

Clemson_tennis 05-24-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8Tennis (Post 6564053)
I saw that list and I admit that I thought it was pretty funny! But you think FB is different than this forum? Because it was an exclusively Clemson thread? Most guys would respond, though, don't you think? And was it just a sliiiiiight exaggeration to say that Hunter said whatever it was 5 or 6 times each point? That WOULD be insane and pretty hard to do! Did you hate our team before that?

I wasn't a big fan of the team before that with Williams and Sandgren(I have no problem with Smith). And the Reese thing was not the only reason, that would be silly. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that thhat was our most gut-wrenching loss of the season and set the tone for the whole year. I will give it to Reese for apologizing to our #1 dubs team after Libietis said something like "you will never win" after the match had been called when we had 6-4 in the tiebreak. I am not a huge fan of Winterbotham either and he was trying all match to get Yannick Maden point penalties even though it was Libietis who was doing things like throwing his raquet and such. I mean they are an intense team which is fine because IMO they over-achieved this year and will be prtety good next season if they can get better depth. There is only one guy in the SEC I genuinely dislike personally(he plays for SC) no need to go into details there.

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 6564070)
I wasn't a big fan of the team before that with Williams and Sandgren(I have no problem with Smith). And the Reese thing was not the only reason, that would be silly. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that thhat was our most gut-wrenching loss of the season and set the tone for the whole year. I will give it to Reese for apologizing to our #1 dubs team after Libietis said something like "you will never win" after the match had been called when we had 6-4 in the tiebreak. I am not a huge fan of Winterbotham either and he was trying all match to get Yannick Maden point penalties even though it was Libietis who was doing things like throwing his raquet and such. I mean they are an intense team which is fine because IMO they over-achieved this year and will be prtety good next season if they can get better depth. There is only one guy in the SEC I genuinely dislike personally(he plays for SC) no need to go into details there.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer. It's all intense all the time! And unfortunately, you might be getting your wish in this doubles match. Not a good showing. Hopefully we will have better depth next year. And I hope Clemson does great next year as well. Can we be friends now? haha!

Vicious Vik 05-24-2012 02:47 PM

It's good to hate players and teams. That gives tennis the same respect as the other college sports. If everyone is nice guy George all the time then the sport will never advance. Villains are needed, rivalries are needed. I mean does anyone ever get upset when someone hated JJ Redick in the day or Tim Tebow? It's part of intense sport.

It's good to hate players

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious Vik (Post 6564124)
It's good to hate players and teams. That gives tennis the same respect as the other college sports. If everyone is nice guy George all the time then the sport will never advance. Villains are needed, rivalries are needed. I mean does anyone ever get upset when someone hated JJ Redick in the day or Tim Tebow? It's part of intense sport.

Thank you Vicious Vik. I now see the light and will hate players. What would I have done with you?

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Thank you Vicious Vik. I now see the light and will hate players. What would I have done without you?

Gr8Tennis 05-24-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Thank you Vicious Vik! I will now start hating players. What would I have done without your wisdom?