Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   New Bosworth vintage racquets in (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=425645)

droliver 05-27-2012 08:08 PM

New Bosworth vintage racquets in

FYI, some new Bosworth collection racquets in:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/BosRacquets.html

Virginia 05-28-2012 12:58 PM

Thanks, I just ordered the Fox Experimental. There was only one, so I hope I was in time to get it.

Sanglier 05-28-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia (Post 6572559)
Thanks, I just ordered the Fox Experimental. There was only one, so I hope I was in time to get it.

I ordered the same racquet last Friday using PayPal, and didn't notice that it was already sold until afterwards.

As the listing didn't disappear after I finished paying, I went through the ordering process again just to see if I missed something. Only then did I see that there was actually a "0" figure below "in stock" on the order confirmation page; yet the system STILL allowed me to proceed through the order confirmation and payment process!

Of course, I wasn't about to pay twice for the same racquet, so I stopped at the payment confirmation step.

I had a glimmer of hope that I wasn't caught by this rather annoying ordering system trap, that the racquet was in fact available when I went through the process the first time.

Alas, it wasn't to be. I received a robo-mail on Saturday telling me that I had missed out on the racquet, that the item was now on back-order.

I think it's pretty bad that TW would leave a supposedly one-of-a-kind racquet in the system after it's been sold, given that it is unlikely to be restocked. What were they going to do? Keep my payment indefinitely until another example magically shows up in the future?

I will probably ask for a refund of my PayPal payment, unless someone at TW tells me that they have found a few more of these that will be on their way...

ArliHawk 05-28-2012 03:03 PM

I'm going to have to keep my eyes on that section. If a Ceramic Destiny ever comes up, I'd like to get one.

nhat8121 05-28-2012 03:45 PM

what's the head size of this thing fox experimental?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Bosw...S-BFOXEXP.html

droliver 05-28-2012 06:18 PM

I kind of dig the Head Pyramid tours, but you might have trouble finding grommets for it.

big ted 05-28-2012 11:02 PM

that fox experimental looks the same as the fox target 210 imo

Hannah19 05-29-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia (Post 6572559)

I ordered that one too, they took my money so I hope they can put it where there mouths are :)

Love50 05-29-2012 10:10 AM

My order status says "Complete" so I think I got it :)

TW Staff 05-29-2012 10:32 AM

For all of our awesome customers that ordered Bosworth racquets this weekend,

There was a glitch in the system that allowed people to order the racquets after they had already been sold out. I am so sorry and want to apologize for any confusion. I would like to make it up to you guys by getting more Bosworth racquets up in the next week or two for everyone.

Again, I am so sorry!

Brittany, TW

coachrick 05-29-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6574861)
For all of our awesome customers that ordered Bosworth racquets this weekend,

There was a glitch in the system that allowed people to order the racquets after they had already been sold out. I am so sorry and want to apologize for any confusion. I would like to make it up to you guys by getting more Bosworth racquets up in the next week or two for everyone.

Again, I am so sorry!

Brittany, TW

Brittany will begin her own on-line auction for the 'missing' rackets...bidding to start at---

BA-ZIN-GA!!! :) :) :)

Just kiddin', y'all! ;)

TW Staff 05-29-2012 04:37 PM

Attention all customers who ordered the Fox Experimental:

We only had one Fox Experimental racquet in stock. It is sold out and we do not have any more. There was a glitch in the system that allowed people to order the racquet after it was sold. Just wanted to clarify from my previous post, I will be getting up more racquets from the Bosworth collection but not necessarily the exact same racquets. Sometimes like in this case, we only get one of a racquet. Again, sorry for the confusion and hopefully I can get up a different racquet that you are excited to get!

Brittany, TW

zcarzach 05-29-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6576369)
Attention all customers who ordered the Fox Experimental:

We only had one Fox Experimental racquet in stock. It is sold out and we do not have any more. There was a glitch in the system that allowed people to order the racquet after it was sold. Just wanted to clarify from my previous post, I will be getting up more racquets from the Bosworth collection but not necessarily the exact same racquets. Sometimes like in this case, we only get one of a racquet. Again, sorry for the confusion and hopefully I can get up a different racquet that you are excited to get!

Brittany, TW

Get more NOS woodies!

daveyboy 05-29-2012 08:16 PM

Will there be any more Gottfried Graphite Wood La Grandes? I have been wanting to buy one of those for years, and each time I finally go to buy it they're gone- what are the chances this time through?

Kirko 05-29-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArliHawk (Post 6572802)
I'm going to have to keep my eyes on that section. If a Ceramic Destiny ever comes up, I'd like to get one.

that's what TW says ...."watch this section" .. incumbent on the man or woman.

TW Staff 06-01-2012 08:48 AM

Happy Friday,

We have put a couple more Bosworth racquets up for the weekend! Also, I wanted to give you a heads up that we will have a big update in about a week with racquets from Fox, Wimbledon, Spalding, and Yamaha just to name a few. When I post those I will be sure to update this thread!

Brittany, TW

6-2/6-4/6-0 06-01-2012 10:30 AM

If I had the money laying around I'd pick up that Fischer VTT in a heartbeat. Alas a trip to Rotterdam wins out...

treblings 06-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6584788)
Happy Friday,

We have put a couple more Bosworth racquets up for the weekend! Also, I wanted to give you a heads up that we will have a big update in about a week with racquets from Fox, Wimbledon, Spalding, and Yamaha just to name a few. When I post those I will be sure to update this thread!

Brittany, TW

canīt order the fischer because the website keeps telling me to select a grip size and that optionīs not possible. probably because there is only one racket to buy.

Love50 06-01-2012 12:05 PM

I got that earlier too. I suspect that means it has been sold.

TW Staff 06-01-2012 12:17 PM

Yes, that racquet is now sold out. I am glad to see that the glitch was fixed!

Brittany, TW