Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   jersey34tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=426116)

daft.sirius 05-31-2012 05:47 AM

jersey34tennis

Does anyone have any review/info on him?

I paid for a racquet from Patrick / jersey34tennis which he was supposed to ship out last Wednesday. I did a basic search to check if he is a kid, and he is not.

He was regular in communicating [once a day e-mail] while we were talking about the racquet and sent over the pictures promptly. After I paid he even acknowledged receipt of payment.

However, since then I have requested him for the shipping/delivery confirmation number and there has been no reply at all. It has been over a week of incognito on e-mails while his TTW user profile shows activity yesterday 5/30 [and even on Monday]. I am not sure whether to consider the lack of information sent to me as intentional or accidental. Any advise/tip would be helpful. I do not want to malign him but I do appreciate timely communication and updates.

Fearsome Forehand 05-31-2012 11:01 AM

Hopefully, not a scammer, just a poor communicator.

Very stupid of him not to reply to your emails. No excuse for that. He could simply say I have been busy, shipping has been delayed, I will ship in the next few days, expect the racket next week, etc. Not optimum if he agreed to ship promptly but better than no communication at all. It is also possible that he already shipped and simply did not reply to your emails. Odd, but possible.

You are not being alarmist and should be concerned given the sudden lack of communication. Send him an email telling him that if you don't hear back from him within 24 hours, you will begin a PP dispute for item not received. Maybe that will get his attention.

How did you determine he is not a kid? Maybe he is 34? :)

Let us know what happens.

daft.sirius 05-31-2012 04:16 PM

There are a lot of things that can be pinpointed by a simple search.

As always in cases of fraud apart from disputing PP, we have the option of legal hot pursuit...online justice so to say.

Hope it doesn't get to that though. I will keep TT updated on this same thread.

Fearsome Forehand 06-01-2012 04:43 PM

Outcome? Did you hear from him yet?

daft.sirius 06-01-2012 05:16 PM

Indeed I did hear from him. He dropped an email with his address and number. He said he had shipped and would give me details. I have left him my details and asked him to get directly in touch. More as it develops.

Fearsome Forehand 06-01-2012 05:19 PM

That sounds promising. :)

sruckauf 06-02-2012 11:32 AM

That is promising. Any explanation why he fell off the map for a week and just left you hanging?

BigEleven 06-02-2012 03:28 PM

I did a local deal with Pat once. Met him in person and he looked to be a nice young fellow. I fully understand OP's concern and hopefully he will receive what he paid for.

daft.sirius 06-03-2012 06:13 AM

I agree with Big , he does seem like a nice guy and not a scammer.

He just updated me over email that the package bounced back to him. He was genuinely apologetic and I am still on for the deal with him.

I have asked him to update me on the confirmation code after shipping. I guess I will have to be patient and trust him.

Fearsome Forehand 06-03-2012 07:13 AM

The old the package bounced excuse. Never heard that one before. :roll:

I think your (twenty-something?) "nice guy" is lying to you. You paid him about 2 weeks ago and he never provided a tracking number, suddenly stopped communicating, etc. Either he is lying or he isn't bright enough to ship a racket without it "bouncing." My guess is he is lying and he hasn't shipped yet as the average chimp could ship a racket properly.

If you don't get a tracking number that indicates shipment from him in the next two days, open a PP dispute for item not received. You can always cancel the dispute if the racket manages to find its way to you someday without bouncing again.

daft.sirius 06-03-2012 10:09 AM

That thought has crossed my mind.
And my Poa was along those lines too

daft.sirius 06-06-2012 08:52 AM

Update

He has mailed the package [on its way] and sent across the tracking number.

Regular comunication has resumed. Also sent across his cell # [just in case of any computer problems for him].

He seems genuine and was very apologetic. He has mentioned that he added a bunch of extra stuff to show that.
More when the package gets delivered [scheduled for tomorrow].

Fearsome Forehand 06-06-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daft.sirius (Post 6603203)
Update

He has mailed the package [on its way] and sent across the tracking number.

Regular comunication has resumed. Also sent across his cell # [just in case of any computer problems for him].

He seems genuine and was very apologetic. He has mentioned that he added a bunch of extra stuff to show that.
More when the package gets delivered [scheduled for tomorrow].

Does the tracking number indicate actual shipment or is it just a tracking number?

Hope it works out for you. You have been more than patient. You paid him about 2.5 weeks ago; correct?

Yourtenniscoach 06-06-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 6603608)
Does the tracking number indicate actual shipment or is it just a tracking number?

Hope it works out for you. You have been more than patient. You paid him about 2.5 weeks ago; correct?

USPS tracking system sucks. I've had packages that the tracking # doesn't show anything until after its been delivered.

NJ1 06-06-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yourtenniscoach (Post 6604096)
USPS tracking system sucks. I've had packages that the tracking # doesn't show anything until after its been delivered.

I think that may be confusion with "delivery confirmation" and "tracking". eeb$y and usps get a lot of complaints about this.

Fearsome Forehand 06-06-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yourtenniscoach (Post 6604096)

That can be true of USPS tracking/del conf. Of late, they seem to be doing much better.

Fed Ex and UPS are much better. Real time tracking. The government runs USPS so, of course, they haven't gotten around to real time tracking yet. Kind of ridiculous.

The reason I asked the OP was because his seller has lied to him a couple of times so unless the thing is actually tracking it might be more of the same BS.

daft.sirius 06-07-2012 04:11 PM

Alright folks good news. Everything arrived today. A fair review of the actual deal :

Described: 9/10 Actual: 9/10
A couple of scratches and a tiny ding but racket is in very nice condition. Definitely accurate rating.

He has put in a bunch of extras as an apology offering: sack bags, mix strings, overgrips, stencil, paint, dampners.

Communication was spotty and it made me very anxious. He apologized and I give him the benefit of doubt.

Overall not bad.

Fearsome Forehand 06-07-2012 04:59 PM

Better to simply ship when you are supposed to and not leave your buyer hanging for weeks for no apparent reason. Add to that the lying about shipping and not such a great deal IMHO.

If one ships on time, or nearly on time, apologies and extra items aren't required and the buyer doesn't have to sweat out if he is being scammed, or not. That would be a lot better.

Way more hassle/angst on your part that it was worth, IMHO.

Glad you received your stuff, finally. :)

NJ1 06-08-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 6604353)
That can be true of USPS tracking/del conf. Of late, they seem to be doing much better.

There's an echo in here. :)

Glad the deal was made right.

jersey34tennis 02-15-2013 07:26 AM

just for everyone to get clarification. i love how skeptical all you are and insulting, you must be super fun to be around. the shipping label and box were partially torn when the racquet was returned to me so i contacted him and sent him extra stuff. i'm not hovering over my computer every 2 seconds and he's the only person i've had a shipping issue with. thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt and keep on being your wonderful selves.