Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Final 2012 Team Rankings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=426433)

Satsuma Illini 06-02-2012 02:26 PM

Final 2012 Team Rankings
 
No real surprises I guess. Still amazed that Illinois managed to climb back to No. 15.

Rank School
1 University of Southern California
2 University of Virginia
3 UCLA
4 Ohio State University
5 University of Georgia
6 Pepperdine
7 University of Kentucky
8 Duke University
9 Stanford University
10 University of Oklahoma
11 Mississippi State University
12 University of Florida
13 California
14 University of Mississippi
15 University of Illinois
16 North Carolina
17 University of Tulsa
18 Baylor University
19 Auburn University
20 University of Tennessee
21 University of Michigan
22 Indiana University-Bloomington
23 Texas Tech University
24 Harvard University
25 Louisiana State University

Full Rankings

jaggy 06-02-2012 02:59 PM

I will take 22, hopefully we move into the top 20 next year

The Wreck 06-02-2012 06:47 PM

Slightly annoyed that Ohio State finished ahead of UGA, but in the end it doesn't really matter. Both lost in quarters and UGA had been ranked higher since they beat them. I know it's all about strength of opponent, and because Georgia was ranked higher in the tournament, their opponents were, by design, "weaker" than Ohio States.

Oh well, like I said, doesn't matter. No one remembers anything besides who won the last match of the year anyway.

mark500 06-07-2012 04:28 AM

It looks great to see Stanford University at 9. I hope it will stand in top 5 next time.

10isplayer 06-07-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark500 (Post 6605613)
It looks great to see Stanford University at 9. I hope it will stand in top 5 next time.

If they stay in the top 25 that would be a successful year for them this year.

kme5150 06-07-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10isplayer (Post 6605797)
If they stay in the top 25 that would be a successful year for them this year.

I was going to be nice an say top 16 but I think you are right on track.

Duke, with the addition of Semenzato, is going to be a very solid team. I would be shocked if they finished out of the top 5.

UVA, USC, UCLA and UGA are all going to be strong, as usual.

I believe UF will be back into the top 10, probably finish around 6 or 7.

10isplayer 06-07-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kme5150 (Post 6605929)
I was going to be nice an say top 16 but I think you are right on track.

Duke, with the addition of Semenzato, is going to be a very solid team. I would be shocked if they finished out of the top 5.

UVA, USC, UCLA and UGA are all going to be strong, as usual.

I believe UF will be back into the top 10, probably finish around 6 or 7.

Duke also adds michael redlicki who is a top american recruit.

floridatennisdude 06-07-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kme5150 (Post 6605929)
I was going to be nice an say top 16 but I think you are right on track.

Duke, with the addition of Semenzato, is going to be a very solid team. I would be shocked if they finished out of the top 5.

UVA, USC, UCLA and UGA are all going to be strong, as usual.

I believe UF will be back into the top 10, probably finish around 6 or 7.

UF in the top 10 would be a miracle. We would need a couple phenoms to graduate HS early and enroll in January to be that high.

Women at UF have a legit chance to 3-peat. Won't be easy as I see 5 other legit teams, but the Lady Gators have to be the front runners.

Gatorluver 06-07-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridatennisdude (Post 6606282)
UF in the top 10 would be a miracle. We would need a couple phenoms to graduate HS early and enroll in January to be that high.

Women at UF have a legit chance to 3-peat. Won't be easy as I see 5 other legit teams, but the Lady Gators have to be the front runners.

Totally disagree on the menís team. They have the talent and the depth to be top ten. All they need is a great coach to help them improve and motivate them to work hard and win. Lady Gators will win it again. Jo graduating hurt, but the new freshmen will contribute immediately.

floridatennisdude 06-07-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorluver (Post 6606415)
Totally disagree on the men’s team. They have the talent and the depth to be top ten. All they need is a great coach to help them improve and motivate them to work hard and win. Lady Gators will win it again. Jo graduating hurt, but the new freshmen will contribute immediately.

Talent is diminished if your boy leaves though. Coupled with the few others you mentioned possibly leaving and the depth would be shot. A lot up in the air right now. UF should be a perennial top 5 program, but it might take a couple seasons to get there if some of your foreshadowing comes to fruition.

tball2day 06-07-2012 01:29 PM

I...................


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse