Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Game of Thrones fan thread! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=426882)

soyizgood 06-05-2012 10:41 PM

Game of Thrones fan thread!

Didn't see one here, so here it is. :twisted:

Season 2 just ended. I don't have HBO, so I'll have to use other means to get a hold of some of the episodes.

I would sympathize with the Starks, but it must be in their hard-coded DNA to do something stupid and then die. I keep pulling my hair over some of the stuff they do. It's like they value honor so much that intelligence and common sense are optional, if not non-existent. Even then they betray each other with disastrous results. UGH!

I'll post some poll up later. Until then, feel free to discuss, speculate, taunt, jibe, moan, etc.

Leelord337 06-06-2012 12:25 AM

I love the show; I've seen a couple of episodes and the its very well done, excellent acting and costumes. I haven't gotten into it as much as Breaking Bad or LOST but I need to watch some more episodes.

pepka 06-06-2012 12:45 AM

Awesome show. Long wait ahead of us, damn it. I got so hooked up, that im getting a book.

hollywood9826 06-06-2012 06:32 AM

I wont read this therad until i finish the 2nd book. Unless the 3rd season starts before I finish the 3rd book. the 3rd book is superl;ong so they may make two seasons out of the third book.

martin has said he plans on finishing the saga (books 6 and 7) before the series overtakes the books. I know he is close to finishing the 6th book so it may happen.

Kevin T 06-06-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood9826 (Post 6602345)
I wont read this therad until i finish the 2nd book. Unless the 3rd season starts before I finish the 3rd book. the 3rd book is superl;ong so they may make two seasons out of the third book.

martin has said he plans on finishing the saga (books 6 and 7) before the series overtakes the books. I know he is close to finishing the 6th book so it may happen.

3rd book is long but by far the best, IMHO. The nice thing about Martin is that no one is safe from buying the farm. I really enjoy the show but the books are much better. The TV writers changed up enough plot elements to make season 2 slightly surprising for me, which was nice.

gavna 06-06-2012 08:19 AM

Reading the books is a must - it's soooooo in depth and covers so much watching the series actually enhances the books. They have done an excellent job but there is so much stuff that happens in the books that add background and even more detail........read the books now or at least at the same time.
I also really really doubt GRRM is anywhere near finishing book 6.....he has said before thousands and thousands of times that he is on no schedule and the books will come when they come - he will not make any comments or possible release dates for any future books. Check out his website and learn more georgerrmartin.com

norbac 06-06-2012 08:41 AM

Just got into it, watched the first season this past week. Love the show, going to have to find a way to watch the second season online now.

OldFedIsOld 06-06-2012 10:05 AM

"WINTER IS COMING!!!!!!!"

Spoilers: RIP Ned

ZeroSkid 06-06-2012 10:12 AM

Last 2 episodes for season 2 were amazing

soyizgood 06-07-2012 07:19 PM

Book 3 will consume seasons 3 and 4. I am thinking of reading books 1 and 2.

Dilettante 06-07-2012 07:30 PM

Saw some episodes and I really enjoyed them.

The presence of Emilia Clarke makes the show 200% better though.

soyizgood 06-07-2012 07:33 PM

You got that right!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 6607949)

I still think Daenerys whines too much and has gotten a few lucky breaks, but she showed she has a twisted side to her in the season 2 finale.

Leelord337 06-07-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 6607949)

The presence of Lena Headey makes the show 300% better for me :)

Dilettante 06-07-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soyizgood (Post 6607954)
I still think Daenerys whines too much and has gotten a few lucky breaks, but she showed she has a twisted side to her in the season 2 finale.

I had an instant crush on her. Most beautiful closeups I've seen in TV fiction for a long time.

Nice bottom too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leelord337 (Post 6607958)
The presence of Lena Headey makes the show 300% better for me :)

Yeah, she's fine, but Emilia Clarke has the kind of beauty that leaves me hypnotized.

soyizgood 06-07-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilettante (Post 6607962)
I had an instant crush on her. Most beautiful closeups I've seen in TV fiction for a long time.

Nice bottom too.

Yeah, she's fine, but Emilia Clarke has the kind of beauty that leaves me hypnotized.

Talisa (Oona Chaplin) has probably the best *** seen so far. :twisted:

SoCalJay 06-07-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin T (Post 6602773)
3rd book is long but by far the best, IMHO. The nice thing about Martin is that no one is safe from buying the farm. I really enjoy the show but the books are much better. The TV writers changed up enough plot elements to make season 2 slightly surprising for me, which was nice.

^ This. The only drawback to this whole thing is that it took Martin five years to write book 4 and another six years after that to write book 5. On top of that, books 4 and 5 were regarded by most fans as being weaker than 1-3. I just hope it isn't another ten years before he finishes the series.

Nostradamus 06-07-2012 08:18 PM

My question is What happens to those dragons ? if those dragons grow up and under the power of the princess, she will be invincible. Is that not true ?

soyizgood 06-07-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 6608050)
My question is What happens to those dragons ? if those dragons grow up and under the power of the princess, she will be invincible. Is that not true ?

It would have to take some time for the dragons to mature. That and she'd actually need to own land to feed those things.

TopFH 06-07-2012 10:22 PM

Midway through "A Storm of Swords". Awesome books and awesome series. Guess I love diversity, as my top three TV series are (in order):
1) Game of Thrones
2) How I Met Your Mother
3) Supernatural

gavna 06-08-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soyizgood (Post 6608286)
It would have to take some time for the dragons to mature. That and she'd actually need to own land to feed those things.

I guess you have not read book 5 yet? Her babies getting food NOT an issue when they want to eat.