Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Eagnas logic 90 vs Stringway ML 100 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=428853)

tennis4 06-20-2012 10:22 AM

Eagnas logic 90 vs Stringway ML 100

The Eagnas logic 90 looks Stringway ML 100 alike and is priced at 460. I don't know if it is a clone or what. The picture looks more or less the same.

Did anyone use it? Any info?

Thanks.

Power Player 06-20-2012 10:28 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=367599

tennis4 06-20-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 6646787)

Yeah I read that too. Just wonder any recent update? If machine is good in quality, the low price makes it more appealing!

dak95_00 06-22-2012 05:10 PM

I'm also interested in reviews. I read that other thread from the one owner of the Logic and it sounded good. I then looked up his email on the board and sent him questions but he hasn't responded.

I'd consider replacing my machine, a Prince P200, with a Eagnas Logic 90.

HacknSlash 08-21-2012 06:53 AM

I'm looking at a stringer..and curious about this one as well.

So bump this on up, and hopfully there are some thoughts/insights to be had!

Thanks!

dak95_00 08-21-2012 03:17 PM

I did the most extensive research I could and contacted the author/purchaser of the Eagnas machine from the other thread. In the end the result was this, the Eagnas will get the job done but you wouldn't want to use it to string many, many racquets whereas the Stringway is probably of much higher quality. You get what you pay for.

If the automatic dropweight is what you want, save your money & buy a stringway.

jxs653 09-18-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak95_00 (Post 6823975)
I did the most extensive research I could and contacted the author/purchaser of the Eagnas machine from the other thread. In the end the result was this, the Eagnas will get the job done but you wouldn't want to use it to string many, many racquets whereas the Stringway is probably of much higher quality. You get what you pay for.

If the automatic dropweight is what you want, save your money & buy a stringway.

Thanks for the input. I'm just curious if the owner of the Eagnas has used both machines. If not, what makes this conclusion/comparison a valid one?

bbulla 09-19-2012 07:11 AM

I looked at both of these machines before going with the Stringway. I've had it almost a year now and love it. I didn't go with the Eagnas because I heard horrible things about their customer support. The guys at Alpha (US) as well as Frank in Europe were great with any questions/concerns I ever had with my Stringway. As with most things, you get what you pay for. I'm sure there are reasons why the Eagnas is so much cheaper....I just didn't want to find out why! :-)

The only thing I don't like about my machine is that sometimes I have issues with clamping the very top/bottom cross on Wilson tennis racquets, and the same for almost all badminton racquets. Also, the tension head is sometimes far away from the frame, so make sure you use a bit more string than is recommended unless you want to use a starting clamp as a bridge....which isn't a big deal.

I used a Ektelon H previously, and I would say this machine does a better job, but it is a bit slower to use.

cluckcluck 09-19-2012 08:41 AM

As an owner of an Eagnas and a Stringway, I hands down prefer the SW.
The Eagnas I had broke twice and dealing with their customer service was going to be the death of me. Not to mention I had to ship the heavy machine to them two times (about $75 in shipping total).
The quality of SW is a bazillion times better, it's solid and I know I can get 100% consistent results with this machine.
I would go with a stringway, in the long run you will be happier.

Woolybugger 09-19-2012 11:40 AM

I have heard enough horror stories about Eagnas products to know to stay away from them. I'd rather pay a little more and get a high-quality RELIABLE lasting machine.

dak95_00 09-23-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woolybugger (Post 6908620)
I have heard enough horror stories about Eagnas products to know to stay away from them. I'd rather pay a little more and get a high-quality RELIABLE lasting machine.

Exactly! I had the money this summer to buy the Eagnas and just couldn't get myself to go through w/ it. Too many horror stories about customer service or just inferior parts breaking or paint peeling or strings slipping to trust my hard earned dollars. I'll wait and save some more. That was the conclusion of the owner I emailed back & forth with; He wished he'd saved and waited.

Pinocchio 01-24-2013 09:15 PM

Does anybody know if Logic 90 has a table brake?

Lakers4Life 01-24-2013 09:34 PM

Nope. 10 char