Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jim Henry, Tennis Machines Inc. R.I.P. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=428909)

tguru 06-20-2012 05:49 PM

Jim Henry, Tennis Machines Inc. R.I.P.

I sent my ball machine to Tennis Machines Inc. last week and when I inquired about it yesterday found out Jim Henry, its founder, had recently died. I got my first stringing machine from Jim in 1984 and, naturally, didn't know what I was doing. This was pre-Internet so good information was not easy or abundant re: stringing. I called him, at that time, for help on various stringing issues. He was incredibly patient and treated me like I was his equal where racquet stringing and machines were concerned which, of course, I was not. I dealt with Jim once or twice more over the years and was impressed by this modest gentleman.

Fearsome Forehand 06-20-2012 07:16 PM

I suggested his site/services to someone on the forum not too long ago.

I remember thinking then as I was looking over his site that Jim was getting up there and it seems like he is the only one servicing stringing machines in the entire country.

Is the company continuing on? It was comforting to know that if my crank machine ever self destructs, I could send parts to Missouri to be serviced.

tguru 06-20-2012 10:47 PM

I think it is in good hands. No worries.

john hempel 01-24-2014 02:30 PM

i just saw this post about jim henry, owner of tennis machines out of missouri, having passed away. does anyone have a good email contact for this company? is it still up and running? it was a great source for repairs and purchase of reliable reconditioned tennis stringing machines. any contact or other information would be appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tguru (Post 6648259)
I think it is in good hands. No worries.

stringertom 01-24-2014 03:14 PM

I dealt with Jim on the phone many times and can only echo the OP's comments concerning his extreme kindness and professionalism. I am truly saddened by this news. He will be missed but the firm has always had great people working there. J.C. (I believe his last name is Carpentier) was a very trusted right-hand to Jim and did an excellent refurb of an ancient Star 2 I used to own.

rmiller774 07-13-2014 08:17 PM

Since this is a relatively old thread I am sure that by now everyone knows the current information about the company. Just in case, they are still Tennis Machines Inc.
now located at 8131 Delmar Blvd, University City, MO, 63130 Phone: (314)725-2365. Like the others here I was a customer of theirs for many years and found them (Jim Henry & JC) to be very helpful and knowledgeable. JC Carpentier is still there and is now one of the partners. In the info mailed to me I don't see their email address.