Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Talk Tennis Updates (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Contacting the Moderators (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=429488)

gino 06-25-2012 03:38 PM

Contacting the Moderators
 
Hey TW,

How can I contact a moderator?

Thanks

heycal 06-25-2012 05:03 PM

subscribed!

diredesire 06-25-2012 06:08 PM

Contact us, at the bottom right of any TW page, or if you want to talk to me specifically, e-mail me via my profile (my screen name @ gmail)

GodNovak 07-02-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 6659947)
Contact us, at the bottom right of any TW page, or if you want to talk to me specifically, e-mail me via my profile (my screen name @ gmail)

Is cc0509 a mod? Why can he just delete my posts without noticing me of the reasons? I see nothing wrong with my posts, especially not compared with his. It's a total injustice, because when he does not know how to respond, he can just delete my stuff. It takes effort to reply to a troll like him. I can't stand the bullying here going around.

We are not Fed fans, but that does not make us 2nd-class citizens. You guys really should tell us what to do to avoid such situation. Please do something.

diredesire 07-02-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodNovak (Post 6686640)
Is cc0509 a mod? Why can he just delete my posts without noticing me of the reasons? I see nothing wrong with my posts, especially not compared with his. It's a total injustice, because when he does not know how to respond, he can just delete my stuff. It takes effort to reply to a troll like him. I can't stand the bullying here going around.

We are not Fed fans, but that does not make us 2nd-class citizens. You guys really should tell us what to do to avoid such situation. Please do something.

It's obvious from your sig that you haven't read the rules.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

If you see nothing wrong with your posts, you might want to review the policies section if you want a long, and prosperous posting "career" here at TW. If you have problems with what (s)he posts, feel free to report them (listed in the FAQ in the same sub-forum). It looks like you're a new poster, but ignorance of the policies isn't an excuse :)

While it's said that we TW mods/admins are strongly fed biased (which I find pretty silly), that isn't the case. It seems that fans like to polarize anything possible when it comes to their favorite players.

Edit: Like I said above, feel 100% free to e-mail me if you have a problem or question/concern with any of the above.

Sentinel 07-03-2012 08:24 PM

Thank you mods for banning the previous poster. Great job as he was derailing every thread he entered.

It seems one of the early patterns (red flags?) for posters who enjoy very short "careers" at TW is that they start creating dozens of threads as they join. Since their main agenda is to incite others (and to lower the standard of this forum) this (frequent thread creation) is something they cannot avoid.

The second "give-away" which we readers catch on fast is: new posters who have excellent knowledge of this forum, and of each poster, going back several years.

Another is that as they join they get into fights with everyone, and are clearly hitting back, which can only happen if they've been here a long time and have an axe to grind.

Thanks again, mods.

diredesire 07-03-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 6690177)
Thank you mods for banning the previous poster. Great job as he was derailing every thread he entered.

It seems one of the early patterns (red flags?) for posters who enjoy very short "careers" at TW is that they start creating dozens of threads as they join. Since their main agenda is to incite others (and to lower the standard of this forum) this (frequent thread creation) is something they cannot avoid.

The second "give-away" which we readers catch on fast is: new posters who have excellent knowledge of this forum, and of each poster, going back several years.

Another is that as they join they get into fights with everyone, and are clearly hitting back, which can only happen if they've been here a long time and have an axe to grind.

Thanks again, mods.

The problem is that we've got the "burden of proof" issue, and users creatively circumventing bans take a while to "prove out." Thanks for the kind word, though :)

tennisaddict 07-09-2012 03:44 PM

I posted a poll 'Is Nadal the best No 2' in the General Players Section. Has this been removed ? If you find this objectionable, please let me know. I understand it may hurt the Nadal fan , but I think Nadal and Novak are both worthy contenders for that slot.

diredesire 07-09-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisaddict (Post 6714088)
I posted a poll 'Is Nadal the best No 2' in the General Players Section. Has this been removed ? If you find this objectionable, please let me know. I understand it may hurt the Nadal fan , but I think Nadal and Novak are both worthy contenders for that slot.

Yes, it has. It isn't always/just the OP that is objectionable, if the thread devolves into a troll/argument-filled trainwreck, sometimes it's better just to remove the thread instead of cleaning it up (have you ever seen a thread that is over 80% arguing? Yeah, those are the ones).

tennisaddict 07-10-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 6714864)
Yes, it has. It isn't always/just the OP that is objectionable, if the thread devolves into a troll/argument-filled trainwreck, sometimes it's better just to remove the thread instead of cleaning it up (have you ever seen a thread that is over 80% arguing? Yeah, those are the ones).

Thank you, but the thread had just about 5 responses and it was removed within couple of minutes of starting. There was only 1 trolll post in response. Just wondering.

Dedans Penthouse 07-10-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisaddict (Post 6714088)
I posted a poll 'Is Nadal the best No 2' in the General Players Section. Has this been removed ? If you find this objectionable, please let me know. I understand it may hurt the Nadal fan , but I think Nadal and Novak are both worthy contenders for that slot.

Dire de Sire ;-), if I may weigh in on this (from a non-fanboy, non-partisan): while a lot of threads/posts may appear on the surface to be "ernest" in tone, there's also a lot of smug and not-so-latent condescension in play as well, especially at the conclusion of a GS tourney (in this case, Wimbledon).

Whenever some fanboy's favorite fanboy pro (pick one: Fed, Rafa, Djoko) wins, you can be sure that the "in your face~!" fanboy crowd will come out of the woodwork and post more than their fair share of these "rub your nose in it" type threads which suddenly litter the Match Resuts/Pro Player sections .... some more blatant in tone than others. It's all about the 'dig' ..... Feds flaming Rafas, Rafas flamming Feds, Feds flamming Sampras .... Sampras? ... didn't he retire years ago? .... :rolleyes: etc., etc., etc.

just my 2 cents.

diredesire 07-10-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedans Penthouse (Post 6715804)
Dire de Sire ;-), if I may weigh in on this (from a non-fanboy, non-partisan): while a lot of threads/posts may appear on the surface to be "ernest" in tone, there's also a lot of smug and not-so-latent condescension in play as well, especially at the conclusion of a GS tourney (in this case, Wimbledon).

Whenever some fanboy's favorite fanboy pro (pick one: Fed, Rafa, Djoko) wins, you can be sure that the "in your face~!" fanboy crowd will come out of the woodwork and post more than their fair share of these "rub your nose in it" type threads which suddenly litter the Match Resuts/Pro Player sections .... some more blatant in tone than others. It's all about the 'dig' ..... Feds flaming Rafas, Rafas flamming Feds, Feds flamming Sampras .... Sampras? ... didn't he retire years ago? .... :rolleyes: etc., etc., etc.

just my 2 cents.

You know I've deleted a post or two of yours over the years, DP, I can read between the lines ;)

julian 07-16-2012 04:37 PM

Bold type usage
 
Hi,
I have sent you an e-mail
on the subject of
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...84050&page=341
post #6806
Thank you

Start da Game 07-23-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 6686700)
It's obvious from your sig that you haven't read the rules.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

If you see nothing wrong with your posts, you might want to review the policies section if you want a long, and prosperous posting "career" here at TW. If you have problems with what (s)he posts, feel free to report them (listed in the FAQ in the same sub-forum). It looks like you're a new poster, but ignorance of the policies isn't an excuse :)

While it's said that we TW mods/admins are strongly fed biased (which I find pretty silly), that isn't the case. It seems that fans like to polarize anything possible when it comes to their favorite players.

Edit: Like I said above, feel 100% free to e-mail me if you have a problem or question/concern with any of the above.

hi moderator, i have one problem with this forum.......it is the dull outlook of this forum........when is it going to be changed and some additional skins and themes added to the options in the user cp, if at all?

diredesire 07-23-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start da Game (Post 6746321)
hi moderator, i have one problem with this forum.......it is the dull outlook of this forum........when is it going to be changed and some additional skins and themes added to the options in the user cp, if at all?

I'm trying to get in touch with the VBB admin for other issues, I'll roll this request up to him once he gets back to me.

Start da Game 07-23-2012 11:17 AM

okay thanks...

heycal 08-13-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start da Game (Post 6746321)
when is it going to be changed and some additional skins and themes added to the options in the user cp, if at all?

Hopefully never. It's just fine the way it is. I'm not a fan of websites that keep changing their look and/or features all the time. Tres annoying.

gunnd5000 08-14-2012 03:37 AM

dire do you not think its about time that the 2004 thread about paintjobs which is stickied in the pro rackets and gear section was unstickied it doesnt even get a post a month now and seems redundant as its 8 years old

Start da Game 08-14-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heycal (Post 6803611)
Hopefully never. It's just fine the way it is. I'm not a fan of websites that keep changing their look and/or features all the time. Tres annoying.

i understand that view but this current look needs to go.......i think half the posters are driven away to other forums mainly because of this dull 90s message boards look.......

diredesire 08-14-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnd5000 (Post 6805268)
dire do you not think its about time that the 2004 thread about paintjobs which is stickied in the pro rackets and gear section was unstickied it doesnt even get a post a month now and seems redundant as its 8 years old

Unstuck, link was dead anyways :)

Thanks for this, it's stuff like this I miss since it's just been around so long. I have been thinking of refreshing all the stickies, TBH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start da Game (Post 6805335)
i understand that view but this current look needs to go.......i think half the posters are driven away to other forums mainly because of this dull 90s message boards look.......

I wouldn't really worry about it, if anything, we'd just give different themes as options, but wouldn't force any on there. While the default VBB theme might be "boring" to some, it's clean, and the colors work with TW's logo/theme. I'm still waiting for an e-mail from the board's technical admin... not sure what he's up to..


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse