Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pro's Pro ? to Beast XP (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=430686)

gtshark1 07-03-2012 07:15 PM

Pro's Pro ? to Beast XP

My favorite string setup is a full bed of Beast XP. Strung high and I know I'm in the minority on that.

Anyway, at $15 a set I'm looking for an alternative. I had a good experience with Pro's Pro. Does anybody know of a Pro's Pro string that is compareable to Beast XP? I thought maybe Revoltec as its similare in color?

officerdibble 07-03-2012 10:38 PM

The short answer is no, I don't know a pros pro string to match XP (there might be one).

The longer answer is... I was looking at the Tennisman site in Germany, buying some Discho string, and I was astonished at the range of polys they produce. I wonder if the Iontec process is their way of saying 'Thermo'?

Call me cynical, but I doubt Prince is the only one making a string like XP: I'm certain it will be manufactured by someone else under licence for Prince and I very much doubt they have done anything more than take up an option on technology developed by someone else. As I recall XP is made in Taiwan, but I suspect the technology was developed in Germany.

Good luck! Hopefully someone else will know the answer.

fgs 07-03-2012 10:49 PM

the prince xp is made in austria by isospeed.

officerdibble 07-04-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fgs (Post 6690423)
the prince xp is made in austria by isospeed.

Sorry, you're probably right. I was thinking of Prince Premier Attack which I believe says it is made in Taiwan on the packaging.

Very interesting to hear that it's Isospeed making XP - thanks.

Djokofiets 07-04-2012 11:02 AM

Maby it's the same as Iso Speed Pulse?

brownbearfalling 07-06-2012 07:09 AM

I don't have a answer for you but I think your best bet is to shoot an email to the retailer that is selling the pros pro string. Otherwise you'll have to go off of the description. But better than that, I would recommend just trying them out for yourself. Pick out a few sets to order then try them out.

DAS2011 10-09-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtshark1 (Post 6690022)
My favorite string setup is a full bed of Beast XP. Strung high and I know I'm in the minority on that.

Anyway, at $15 a set I'm looking for an alternative. I had a good experience with Pro's Pro. Does anybody know of a Pro's Pro string that is compareable to Beast XP? I thought maybe Revoltec as its similare in color?

Let me know if you find something that is really simular, or if the Isospeed string is indeed the same string as Beast. I also play the Tour 16X18 with Beast 16 at 58/57

bert96 10-09-2012 08:15 AM

"black force" would be the closest string to beast xp imo