Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Motorcycle and Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=431139)

enishi1357 07-06-2012 08:55 PM

Motorcycle and Tennis
 
I recently bought a starter bike and am looking for any thing that can help me carry my racquet and balls besides wrapping it around my body. I am considering buying a tennis backpack but any cool attachment to the bike would be awesome. Also any safety tips (besides telling me not to ride) would be most appreciated.

JustBob 07-06-2012 09:12 PM

A regular tennis bag. That's what I use. I'm not sure why you'd be looking for some "special bag" since a tennis bag is essentially a backpack with two big shoulder straps.

Davis937 07-09-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enishi1357 (Post 6701408)
I recently bought a starter bike and am looking for any thing that can help me carry my racquet and balls besides wrapping it around my body. I am considering buying a tennis backpack but any cool attachment to the bike would be awesome. Also any safety tips (besides telling me not to ride) would be most appreciated.

So, what kind of bike did you purchase? Oh, yeah, always assume that those cagers can't see you -- because, they really don't see you. Ride safe ...

Timbo's hopeless slice 07-12-2012 09:09 PM

I use a regular 6 racquet bag with teh backpack straps, no problems at all.

Safety tips. Assume EVERYONE is an idiot and cannot see you. I ride two large red motorcycles with the lights on ( no, not at the same time, be quiet!) and I may as well be invisible half the time. Just act like every vehicle you see is about to pull out in front of you and you might survive..


and, unless you want other bikers to laugh at you, forget 'special attachments' for carrying ANYTHING!

Larrysümmers 07-12-2012 11:01 PM

basket attachment on the front of the bike.

SwankPeRFection 07-12-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davis937 (Post 6711652)
So, what kind of bike did you purchase? Oh, yeah, always assume that those cagers can't see you -- because, they really don't see you. Ride safe ...

Stop riding in our effing blind spots and you won't have a problem. Oh, and remember when I say blind spots I mean blindspots which correlate to your bike size. One thing riders seem to overlook is the fact that blindspots grow tremendously when the other object (you) is smaller than a car. Case in point, when you ride besides a car, stay even with the area just ahead of the driver door. Between the door and front fender. Stay there is possible or drop off completely behind the back of the car while remaining in your lane. It's not difficult, but I've seen too many bikers keep pace with cars in the wrong spot and then they blame those drivers for their silly mistake.

Timbo's hopeless slice 07-12-2012 11:19 PM

so, you only look in your mirrors, then, never head check?

rommil 07-15-2012 11:52 AM

I tried motorcycle and tennis, I was kicked out by the town and had to sew 5 nets back together:)

Fearsome Forehand 07-15-2012 12:06 PM

A side car would be cool. :)

rommil 07-15-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 6728548)
A side car would be cool. :)

Yeah I like that drink:)

diredesire 07-17-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 6723161)
so, you only look in your mirrors, then, never head check?

Can't make the assumption that other drivers are competent if you want to stay alive ;)

TennisLovaLova 07-18-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 6722953)
I use a regular 6 racquet bag with teh backpack straps, no problems at all.

Safety tips. Assume EVERYONE is an idiot and cannot see you. I ride two large red motorcycles with the lights on ( no, not at the same time, be quiet!) and I may as well be invisible half the time. Just act like every vehicle you see is about to pull out in front of you and you might survive..


and, unless you want other bikers to laugh at you, forget 'special attachments' for carrying ANYTHING!

Assume everyone wants to kill you actually.
And always leave yourselves some outs.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse