Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   HEAD Liquidmetal Radical TOUR 325 g (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=431781)

rpsbel 07-10-2012 02:33 PM

HEAD Liquidmetal Radical TOUR 325 g
 
Hi,

I am looking for a Head Liquidmetal Radical Tour (heavy version), but it is hard to find one. What racquet plays similar?

Thanks.

Seth 07-11-2012 07:10 PM

Prince o3 Blue and call it a day.

0d1n 07-12-2012 07:10 AM

A current prestige with few grams in the head most likely...

rpsbel 07-12-2012 09:48 AM

I saw the specs and they are very different..........




Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth (Post 6720121)
Prince o3 Blue and call it a day.


rpsbel 07-12-2012 09:50 AM

I saw the specs and they are similar, but, reading a review posted by TW, one thing ares specs and other is the real thing (racquet test). I would like a opinion from people who tested these frames.

Thanks.




Quote:

Originally Posted by 0d1n (Post 6721049)
A current prestige with few grams in the head most likely...


jorel 07-12-2012 12:47 PM

wasnt novakc using this early in his career

rpsbel 07-13-2012 11:55 AM

Hi,

I do not think so. Pro's use HEAD'S PT or TGK models, made in a special part of HEAD HQ in Austria. They change the paintjob every 2 or 3 years, to increase sales. Technology is 90% marketing, but are exceptions, and O3 ports of Prince are one. The frame's molds rarely changes. You see a Pro Staff mold (Federer) and know that has more than 20 years. The PT 57 mold has more than 15 years and still used by Murray and many others.
Pro's do not change their equipment so easily. Think Sampras, Federer, Roddick, Nadal, Murray. They have the same racquets for years..........




Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6721964)
wasnt novakc using this early in his career


jorel 07-13-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpsbel (Post 6724523)
Hi,

I do not think so. Pro's use HEAD'S PT or TGK models, made in a special part of HEAD HQ in Austria. They change the paintjob every 2 or 3 years, to increase sales. Technology is 90% marketing, but are exceptions, and O3 ports of Prince are one. The frame's molds rarely changes. You see a Pro Staff mold (Federer) and know that has more than 20 years. The PT 57 mold has more than 15 years and still used by Murray and many others.
Pro's do not change their equipment so easily. Think Sampras, Federer, Roddick, Nadal, Murray. They have the same racquets for years..........

early in his carrer you could see the silver flange bumps at the 10 and 2.. distinctive and pronounced on the LM radical tour

rpsbel 07-13-2012 08:14 PM

Jorel,

You're right. I saw the old djokovic pics and the LM ridges are there.

I did not know he played with LM. Good choice, it is a great racquet.

I can't find any better to change.




Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6724579)
early in his carrer you could see the silver flange bumps at the 10 and 2.. distinctive and pronounced on the LM radical tour


rpsbel 07-13-2012 08:17 PM

I am looking for a new liquidmetal radical tour, but it is hard to find. I just have one, and want to buy more one or two, but, it is not easy.......

0d1n 07-16-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpsbel (Post 6721426)
I saw the specs and they are similar, but, reading a review posted by TW, one thing ares specs and other is the real thing (racquet test). I would like a opinion from people who tested these frames.

Thanks.

I did play with both racquets.
The Rad Tour is slightly heavier in the head (bigger swing weight) which is why I suggested some lead in the head of the prestige MP.
You won't find the same "feel" unless you find the same racquet...so if you can't do that I suggest you stick with same or similar playing characteristics.

rpsbel 07-16-2012 04:14 PM

Thank You.




Quote:

Originally Posted by 0d1n (Post 6729855)
I did play with both racquets.
The Rad Tour is slightly heavier in the head (bigger swing weight) which is why I suggested some lead in the head of the prestige MP.
You won't find the same "feel" unless you find the same racquet...so if you can't do that I suggest you stick with same or similar playing characteristics.


baseline_monster 12-08-2012 08:59 PM

The liquid metal frames were popular with alot of pros, Gasquet still uses the LM Instinct tour XL. I would suggest possiblt the newer radical pro or prestige pro. Think the LM rad tour was 100" but that wont make much difference.

vsbabolat 01-07-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseline_monster (Post 7053765)
The liquid metal frames were popular with alot of pros, Gasquet still uses the LM Instinct tour XL. I would suggest possiblt the newer radical pro or prestige pro. Think the LM rad tour was 100" but that wont make much difference.

The LM Radical Tour was 98''. It was the FXP Radical Tour that is 100".

vsbabolat 01-07-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6721964)
wasnt novakc using this early in his career

It was a nice racquet.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse