Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Why nike & babolat shoes arent good (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=431937)

tennismastermine 07-11-2012 01:46 PM

Why nike & babolat shoes arent good
 
to me, nike and babolat shoes are just for the looks, they are clearly the best looking shoes out, but the main question is, are they gonna hold up? i have experience with both brand of shoes and i will tell you, i wont buy another pair again. i had the babolat propulse 2 white and i havent even had those shoes for 6 months and they were so horribly messed up. i had two huge holes in both shoes. nike shoes, ive heard that they are very snug fit, and for me i dont like tem snug fit. i had nike shoes and they were horribly messed up as well. i had one hole in the right shoe. nike an babolat srent good shoes to buy. they are also so expensive just because they have so much incorporated in the shoe. think twice the next time you buy nike or babolat shoes.

Aaron Y. 07-11-2012 02:07 PM

People have different opinions, but I think most Nike's are comfortable once you break them in.. I do have a medium arch though.

anhuynh16 07-11-2012 02:50 PM

this is a pointless thread....

Bartelby 07-11-2012 02:52 PM

You are probably right as those brands in particular seem to sell on marketing, rather than quality.

I say probably because I refuse to buy them anymore.

West Coast Ace 07-11-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anhuynh16 (Post 6719734)
this is a pointless thread....

+1, Except for bitter Adidas honks who are bitter at Nike's success...

'Slap 3 stripes on them and ship!'

Bartelby 07-11-2012 05:18 PM

There have been innumberable complaints about Nike shoes on this forum, but if people accept poor quality why would they improve?

jmverdugo 07-11-2012 05:22 PM

Nike shoes are comfortable shoes but lack of durability. I have not wear Babolat shoes but I know people that cannot wear anything else.

BreakPoint 07-11-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennismastermine (Post 6719610)
to me, nike and babolat shoes are just for the looks, they are clearly the best looking shoes out, but the main question is, are they gonna hold up? i have experience with both brand of shoes and i will tell you, i wont buy another pair again. i had the babolat propulse 2 white and i havent even had those shoes for 6 months and they were so horribly messed up. i had two huge holes in both shoes. nike shoes, ive heard that they are very snug fit, and for me i dont like tem snug fit. i had nike shoes and they were horribly messed up as well. i had one hole in the right shoe. nike an babolat srent good shoes to buy. they are also so expensive just because they have so much incorporated in the shoe. think twice the next time you buy nike or babolat shoes.

Tennis courts are like the roughest sandpaper and they will mess up tennis shoes. You are not just walking on tennis courts, you are running, starting, stopping, sliding, maneuvering, etc. Tennis shoes experience more stress than just about any other shoes. I don't understand why anyone expects their tennis shoes to last even 6 months. Even avid runners will get new running shoes every couple of months.

BreakPoint 07-11-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartelby (Post 6720016)
There have been innumberable complaints about Nike shoes on this forum, but if people accept poor quality why would they improve?

There are more complaints about Nike shoes because more people wear them. It's just statistics. You have to look at the percentage of people who wear Nike shoes that complain about them, not just at raw numbers.

JDMasFCK 07-11-2012 07:34 PM

this thread fails on so many levels

Bartelby 07-11-2012 07:42 PM

The complaints about Nike seem to revolve around quality of manufacture in a way that is not typical of other brands, but yes they do sell more so you'd expect more complaints.

But I do agree that people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the durability of tennis shoes.

TennisLovaLova 07-12-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmverdugo (Post 6720022)
Nike shoes are comfortable shoes but lack of durability. I have not wear Babolat shoes but I know people that cannot wear anything else.

For nike, it depends on the model you chose I presume.
Previous vapors, especially the 5, were very solid. Lasted more than 2 years playing with 2 pairs almost everyday. For the new models, I really dont know, maybe it's the use of plastic or synthetic leather that makes them so fragile...

and I think there is break in period as most people suggest in any nike shoes.

Bobby Jr 07-12-2012 03:00 AM

I agree with Breakpoint, tennis is really hard on shoes. When I played a lot in my youth if I got even 4 months out of shoes I was doing well. Now I get 6 or more months and I'm fine with that. If I find a model I really like I buy them in 2 or 3 colourways and they can last almost 2 years.

I don't think I'd get significantly more wear out of another brand and I'm not worried really. Maybe if I was a teen/student I'd worry more about durability. How a he shoes look matters a fair bit to me since I wear them casually also. Nike do really well in that regard.

McLovin 07-12-2012 03:16 AM

For years I avoided Nike just because I couldn't find anything that felt comfortable (not knocking them, my foot type must not have been correct). But on a whim, I picked up a pair of Zoom Breath 2K11s last fall and was amazed at how comfortable they were.

Assuming I had finally found a Nike shoe I could wear, I picked up 2 more pair (they were on sale). Then, 2 months later, I noticed this:



Understand that I rotate between 2 pair of shoes, so while this happened over 3 months, I was wearing them every other time I played. Worse is they had no guarantee. For $105 retail (I paid $69), you would think they might last longer than that.

I have 2 more pair to use, but I've relegated them to clay-only in the hopes they will last longer.

I understand that this is only 1 shoe in a line of 10-12 tennis shoes, but it is a high-end shoe, and apparently this was not an isolated incident as the 2K11s were known for bad durability (something I hadn't known when I bought them).

hcb0804 07-12-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLovin (Post 6720817)
For years I avoided Nike just because I couldn't find anything that felt comfortable (not knocking them, my foot type must not have been correct). But on a whim, I picked up a pair of Zoom Breath 2K11s last fall and was amazed at how comfortable they were.

Assuming I had finally found a Nike shoe I could wear, I picked up 2 more pair (they were on sale). Then, 2 months later, I noticed this:



Understand that I rotate between 2 pair of shoes, so while this happened over 3 months, I was wearing them every other time I played. Worse is they had no guarantee. For $105 retail (I paid $69), you would think they might last longer than that.

I have 2 more pair to use, but I've relegated them to clay-only in the hopes they will last longer.

I understand that this is only 1 shoe in a line of 10-12 tennis shoes, but it is a high-end shoe, and apparently this was not an isolated incident as the 2K11s were known for bad durability (something I hadn't known when I bought them).

Dragging your toe is not the shoes fault.

McLovin 07-12-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 6720848)
Dragging your toe is not the shoes fault.

My point being I've worn many different types of shoes (Adidas, Lacoste, Wilson, Yonex, Head, etc.) and have yet to see that on any of them after only a couple of months. And, these were worn predominately on indoor courts that haven't been resurfaced in 10 years.

anhuynh16 07-12-2012 04:28 AM

lots of guys on this forum still believe that ONE shoe will last you 2+ years...


my shoes last me 1-3 months, depends on the model

McLovin 07-12-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anhuynh16 (Post 6720908)
lots of guys on this forum still believe that ONE shoe will last you 2+ years...

And I am not one of them. Rotating between 2 pair of shoes, I expect ~ 6 months out of the rotation (i.e., 3 months of straight wear). I am by no means graceful on my feet (ala Federer), and could probably stand to lose a few lbs.

However, with the exception of the 2K11s I posted above, all other pairs of shoes have worn out the cushioning before the soles (I can tell because my feet start to hurt). Being as this was my 1st Nike purchase in over 5 years, I was surprised to see that kind of wear on a fairly expensive pair of shoes. I am by no means loyal to any single manufacturer, although my current pair of Head Prestige Pros IIs are surprisingly light & comfy, but doubt I will get another pair of Nike in the near future.

Bartelby 07-12-2012 04:50 AM

People who love Nike shoes and Babolat racquets love them so much they'll overlook all the faults, so its their choice but they're doing the general consumer no favours.

ductrung3993 07-12-2012 05:22 AM

Why you just joined and poasted this crap already?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse