Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Dunlop line??? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=432342)

Bman610 07-14-2012 08:10 PM

New Dunlop line???

I have seen dunlops biomimetic line go on sale lately so would a new line be the cause of it?

Bartelby 07-14-2012 08:42 PM

Yes, there are pictures up somewhere, but its getting late in the summer to launch things and people have no idea whether they're arriving any earlier than January 2013.

DInosaurTT 07-18-2012 04:37 AM

End of November in UK

As I am UK based, I have noticed that the Dunlop brand owner in the UK has three of the new models available for preorder at the end of November. It looks like they are changing the shape of the hoop and I am not sure how much difference it will really be. Might be that the rest of the line is after that, but I am not expert on all these things. Personally trying to resist buying the Max 200G from TWE

Automatix 07-18-2012 07:06 AM

You are correct. The new racquets feature a new head shape however Dunlop thought also about those who won't like the change. That doesn't mean the Biomimetic line will stay available but...

Can't say more for the time being.
There are some new techs and some that got... how to put it... slightly changed but essentially are the same.

I think the weirdest part is the name change on the models.

Bartelby 07-18-2012 07:33 AM

The Dunlop Bio M3.0 Tennis Racket is designed for players with a medium swing speed, who are looking for a great balance of power and control. The fully re-engineered frame shape features a 15% rounder, more eliptical head shape than previous models, resulting in a larger sweet spot. The hybrid power properties of an oval in the head section combined with the stability and comfort of a box section in the shaft portion, help to provide more power than previous models still with added control. The M.30 Dunlop tennis racket also features Pocket Grommets and a more aerodynamic cross section in the racket hoop, decreasing the drag and ultimately allowing for a faster racket head speed.

SPECIFICATION:
• Construction: Premium Graphite / Biofibre
• Swing style: Medium / Moderate
• Length: 27 inchs
• Unstrung Weight: 298g
• Head-size: 98sq cm
• Stiffness/RA: 66
• Balance: 320mm
• Beam width: 22mm
• String Pattern: 16x19
• String type: Dunlop silk
• String tension: 52-62lbs / 23-28kgs
• Grip: Dunlop Viper Dry
• Head cover type: Full

TECHNOLOGIES:
MoS2 Grommets - Inspired by the wear resistant self lubricating properties of snake skin, MoS2 is a revolutionary new polymer featuring a microscopic lubricant. This increases grommet durability by 40% and reduces string friction by 27% , delivering more string movement for enhanced power & spin.
BioFibre - Stronger than steel and lighter than Carbon, Dunlop has extracted the stem fibres from plants and woven them into the shaft of the racket. On impact this natural fibrous structure actively filters shockwaves by 18% to provide a cleaner more solid hit.
AEROSKIN CX - Inspired by the textured skin of sharks and engineered in a wind tunnel, Aeroskin Cx smooth's turbulent air, reducing drag by up to 36% providing greater racket head speed.

Bartelby 07-18-2012 07:36 AM

Dunlop Bio M5.0 Tennis Racket

RECOMMENDED PLAYER TYPE: Intermediate

The Dunlop Bio M5.0 Tennis Racket is designed for players with a Medium swing speed who are looking for an increase in power. The fully re-engineered frame shape features a 15% rounder more eliptical head shape than previous models, resulting in a larger sweet spot, enhancing power and increasing racket head speed.The shaft portion of the racket has been engineered with a 5 sided cross section, resulting in enhanced racket stiffness and power, minimising torsional twist for increased levels of control.The M5.0 tennis racket also features a Wave Grommet System, allowing on impact the grommet bed to compress and recoil enhancing the trampoline effect of the string bed , reducing the shock on impacty for more power and control. The tennis rackets Aerodynamic profile inspired by the wing structure of a bird of prey, reduces drag cutting through the air for enhanced racket head speed.

SPECIFICATION:
• Construction: Premium Graphite / Biofibre
• Swing style: Medium / Moderate
• Unstrung Weight: 277g
• Head-size: 100sq cm
• Stiffness/RA: 68
• Balance: 330mm
• Beam width: 22-25-25mm
• String Type: Dunlop silk
• String Tension: 52-62lbs / 23-28kgs
• Head Cover Type: Full

TECHNOLOGIES:
BioFibre - Stronger than steel and lighter than Carbon, Dunlop has extracted the stem fibres from plants and woven them into the shaft of the racket. On impact this natural fibrous structure actively filters shockwaves by 18% to provide a cleaner more solid hit.
AEROSKIN CX - Inspired by the textured skin of sharks and engineered in a wind tunnel, Aeroskin Cx smooth's turbulent air, reducing drag by up to 36% providing greater racket head speed.
MoS2 Grommets - Inspired by the wear resistant self lubricating properties of snake skin, MoS2 is a revolutionary new polymer featuring a microscopic lubricant. This increases grommet durability by 40% and reduces string friction by 27% , delivering more string movement for enhanced power & spin.

Bartelby 07-18-2012 07:37 AM

Dunlop Bio M6.0 Tennis Racket

RECOMMENDED PLAYER TYPE: Intermediate

The Dunlop Bio M6.0 Tennis Racket is designed for players with a Medium swing speed. The tennis racket features a slightly larger headsize at 102sq.inch's adding more forgiveness and power without sacrificing control. The Biomimetic M6.0 is constructed with BioFibre, offering a more solid feel for shot-making. The tennis racket is also covered in Aeroskin, allowing for a 36% reduction in drag, increasing the racket head speed. The MoS2 grommets fitted on the racket work with the strings, self lubricating to increase durability and friction, delivering more string movement and more power.

SPECIFICATION:
• Construction:Premium Graphite / Biofibre
• Swing Style: Medium / Moderate
• Unstrung Weight: 283g
• Head-size: 102sq cm
• Stiffness/RA: 70
• Balance: 325mm
• Beam width: 22-25-25mm
• String type: Dunlop silk
• Swing Tension: 52-62lbs / 23-28kgs
• Headcover Type: Full

TECHNOLOGIES:

Automatix 07-18-2012 07:51 AM

Since so much is out I guess it's okay if I elabore a bit.

The new models are:
F 2.0 Tour
F 3.0 Tour
F 5.0 Tour

M 2.0
M 3.0
M 5.0
M 6.0

S 3.0 Lite
S 5.0 Lite
S 6.0 Lite
S 8.0 Lite

All of the above feature the new head shape HOWEVER there are also some models named similar but with an additional "Classic" word in their name and they feature the old head shape.

dman72 07-18-2012 07:53 AM

I was never a fan of dunlops narrow head width...it seems like they were going the opposite direction of where they should have. The M-fil 400, for instance...I bought it real cheap and felt like it had a tiny sweetspot. The 300's also look really narrow to me

What I'm reading here sounds like an improvement. Of course, I never buy a racquet until it's 2 or 3 generations past it's release, so I'll have to wait a long time on these. :(

Automatix 07-18-2012 08:02 AM

Ohh and totally off topic. There won't be any Wilson Blades in 2013. New models replacing them. ;)

Automatix 07-18-2012 08:05 AM

Another thing the Classic models (those with the old head shape) feature a replacement of the 100, 200 and 300 Tour model. Can't remember if they were more.

shell 07-18-2012 08:07 AM

Thanks for the info., guys. I will look forward to testing these new models, as I am very curious about the head shape change.
The oval never bothered me one bit though, so I'm not sure about the change.
I guess I'm a "classic"!!

acura9927 07-18-2012 08:10 AM

I just bougth the Bio 200 because of the head shape. If Dunlop goes full round like a Babolat then I'll probably never buy a Dunlop again. I think for the money Dunlop makes the best quality rackets and nearly everything else for the game too.

Bartelby 07-18-2012 08:11 AM

Can't see that as a good idea. Its a reasonably good name for a popular line, it has a bit of tradition, so it should have been reworked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatix (Post 6735666)
Ohh and totally off topic. There won't be any Wilson Blades in 2013. New models replacing them. ;)

Automatix 07-18-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acura9927 (Post 6735689)
I just bougth the Bio 200 because of the head shape. If Dunlop goes full round like a Babolat then I'll probably never buy a Dunlop again. I think for the money Dunlop makes the best quality rackets and nearly everything else for the game too.

There is a F 2.0 Classic as far as I remember so you're safe. ;)

Automatix 07-18-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartelby (Post 6735693)
Can't see that as a good idea. Its a reasonably good name for a popular line, it has a bit of tradition, so it should have been reworked.

Me too. It was a shocker to me. But there are far more changes. New shoes etc. I think only the Vision model will survive.

jchl97 07-19-2012 06:37 AM

Some preview pics and info as stated by Bartelby found Sportsdirect:
http://sl.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-bi...-racket-743027

and on the official Dunlop online store as well:
http://store.dunlopsport.com/tennis/...ediate-rackets

The Dampener 07-19-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell (Post 6735676)
The oval never bothered me one bit though, so I'm not sure about the change.
I guess I'm a "classic"!!

Oh, you're a classic, alright.

The Dampener 07-19-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchl97 (Post 6737886)
Some preview pics and info as stated by Bartelby found Sportsdirect:
http://sl.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-bi...-racket-743027

and on the official Dunlop online store as well:
http://store.dunlopsport.com/tennis/...ediate-rackets

In the past, I've seen Dunlop issue frames in parts of the world that never became available in the US, or even the mainstream tennis outlets. It looked like they had a completely different marketing strategy, maybe to non-enthusiast.

Even on the second link, there Aerogel models I've never seen before. My point is, it's very difficult to know which frames will be available to us until they actually hit the market.

I'm also in the camp who believes they should muck with success. If we wanted frames that look like Wilson or Babolat, we would buy a Wilson or a Babolat.

season25 07-19-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatix (Post 6735670)
Another thing the Classic models (those with the old head shape) feature a replacement of the 100, 200 and 300 Tour model. Can't remember if they were more.

Are You sure there's gonna be a replacement of the 100?
Any more info?
I can't wait...