Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tierone Sports string? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=432742)

cluckcluck 07-17-2012 08:09 PM

Tierone Sports string?

Have you guys/gals heard of this brand? Tier One Sports? I'm currently testing their Tour Status in 17 and so far I like em. They're semi soft, good spin, and after about 4 hours they seem to be holding tension pretty decently. Best part is that they're affordable ($8).

Check em out.

Doubles 07-17-2012 08:26 PM

Looks interesting. Keep us posted on how it preforms over the life of the string.

tyu1314 07-18-2012 08:22 AM

Just checked out the website. There is a way to try out the string for free!!All items are free shipping to con us.

They say that when you buy a reel or a pack of 30overgrip, it came with one free extra set that is seperated from the reel, so you can try out the set first.

If you dont like the set, you can return the reel with full refund.This is the same with the overgrip.

tyu1314 07-18-2012 08:24 AM

This is what i am talking about

"WHAT IS YOUR RETURN AND REFUND POLICY?
ENJOY RISK FREE shopping: We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy for first time string reel and Tru Tack overgrip buyers! When you buy a tennis reel from us for the first time, we will send you one additional string set for FREE. Similarly, the first time buyers of 30 pack Tru Tack overgrips will get one additional grip. You can use the extra FREE string set or overgrip to test our product. If you are not 100% satisfied with the quality, you can return the reel or 30 pack of overgrips and receive a full refund! We, of course, cannot accept returns or refunds on strings or overgrips that have been opened or used. If the product you ordered was damaged during delivery, we may be able to offer you a replacement. "

cluckcluck 07-18-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubles (Post 6734438)
Looks interesting. Keep us posted on how it preforms over the life of the string.

Ok, so you have to try the string. It feels really nice and I feel that it's comparable to black widow (though a little softer). I got a good 7 hours before they snapped, though the tension remained playable for the remaining few hours left.
Spin production, not too shabby, I had to muscle it a little bit to get the extra "umph" but it was nice and heavy.
I was pretty impressed, I'm not going to switch over exclusively, though it is a very nice alternative to BW and RPM.

mikeler 07-18-2012 10:20 AM

Ooh, a new multi to try...

Up&comer 07-18-2012 12:26 PM

Their polys sound interesting, I just don't know if I want to start the cycle of string testing again...

cluckcluck 07-18-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up&comer (Post 6736198)
Their polys sound interesting, I just don't know if I want to start the cycle of string testing again...

I have extra sets, want to trade?

Up&comer 07-18-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cluckcluck (Post 6736336)
I have extra sets, want to trade?

Thanks, but I'll pass. I'm still getting used to a new racket and I really want to work o my game right now rather than worry about strings. Thanks for the offer, though.

cluckcluck 07-18-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up&comer (Post 6736513)
Thanks, but I'll pass. I'm still getting used to a new racket and I really want to work o my game right now rather than worry about strings. Thanks for the offer, though.

No problem.

TierOneSportsOfficial 08-09-2012 05:53 PM

As you can see by our forum name we are the official representatives for Tier One Sports . We just found this post and thought since it is dedicated to our brand we stay ready to answer anybody's questions about our tennis strings. Due to tennis warehouse's forum policies we have to be very careful NOT to market our products with any of our posts. Thus we will try to keep all our responses very basic in this forum. For more detailed responses/inquiries we suggestion to communicate with us through email or facebook.

ewberner 08-09-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cluckcluck (Post 6735573)
Ok, so you have to try the string. It feels really nice and I feel that it's comparable to black widow (though a little softer). I got a good 7 hours before they snapped, though the tension remained playable for the remaining few hours left.
Spin production, not too shabby, I had to muscle it a little bit to get the extra "umph" but it was nice and heavy.
I was pretty impressed, I'm not going to switch over exclusively, though it is a very nice alternative to BW and RPM.

Softer than Black Widow?! That has to be pretty soft for a poly...

TierOneSportsOfficial 08-09-2012 10:31 PM

A quick reference point with regards to the Tour Status string softness/stiffness: Players usually provided us with the feedback that the string is a bit stiffer than Tecnifibre Black Code but a bit softer the the Solinco Tour Bite.

TierOneSportsOfficial 08-10-2012 12:48 PM

yes, thanks for noticing. I think its time to update your list of multi's in your Mikeler's multis thread! :)

mikeler 08-10-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tieronesports (Post 6796988)
yes, thanks for noticing. I think its time to update your list of multi's in your Mikeler's multis thread! :)

What other multi does it play most like?

TierOneSportsOfficial 08-10-2012 01:16 PM

For quality control we let players who usually play NXT Tour test this string. Due to their favorable response we decided to add the Triumph string to our string series.

mikeler 08-10-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tieronesports (Post 6797051)
For quality control we let players who usually play NXT Tour test this string. Due to their favorable response we decided to add the Triumph string to our string series.

OK, thanks for the info. I'm not a fan of NXT but do like NXT Control. I have not tried NXT Tour yet.

cluckcluck 08-10-2012 04:44 PM

I just found this review on the tour status: http://www.tennisthis.com/tennis-str...tus-17-review/

mikeler 08-15-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tieronesports (Post 6808530)
Mikeler, if you want to give Triumph a try let us know.

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it soon. Right now I'm playing very well with my current setup so I hate to change at this moment.

mikeler 08-15-2012 12:58 PM

Who am I kidding, I'm a string addict. How do I contact you?