Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Cincy Baby! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=432828)

FEDERERNADAL13 07-18-2012 10:04 AM

Cincy Baby!

Let's get the Cincy 2012 discussion going!!

Who's all making the trip? What days?

I'm pretty excited! :)

maggmaster 07-19-2012 08:36 AM

I will be there, first weekend hopefully.

FEDERERNADAL13 07-20-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggmaster (Post 6738294)
I will be there, first weekend hopefully.

Cool!

Is anyone else making the trip? :)

mel 08-08-2012 10:22 AM

I will be in Cincy Aug 14-17 and plan on watching day and night sessions on the 15th. If anyone wants to hit while out there, send me an email. The hotel I'm staying at near the Lindner Tennis Center has a couple courts. I'd describe my level as a streaky 4.0.

mel.lamagna@gmail.com

fantom 08-08-2012 10:49 AM

I'll be there first weekend and throughout the week.

gully 08-08-2012 04:48 PM

Tuesday-Thursday for me and the family. What's the forecast? Do I need to start hydrating?

vegasgt3 08-08-2012 07:46 PM

I'll be there taking my kids for the first time, They are getting excited, me too!

blrmkr 08-09-2012 03:12 AM

I will be there for the day sessions on Thusday and Frday. Really looking forward to it.

HacknSlash 08-13-2012 12:08 PM

I live here :)

Grew up 10 minutes from the courts, but never had any interest in tennis until this past year...

Discovered tennis at the ripe age of 39..and low and behold...I love it!

Pretty damn excited that these players are right up the street!

West Coast Ace 08-13-2012 04:42 PM

Masters 1000's are awesome. 1st day matchups - Baker v Kohl; Mathieu v Stan; Hewitt v Youzhny. Hope the weather holds up for all of you there in person.

vegasgt3 08-13-2012 08:14 PM

The Baker Kohl match was fantastic!!

Stroke 08-14-2012 07:13 AM

The Cincy tournament is one of the very best bang for the buck tournaments out there. I go every year, fly from Atlanta for a couple of days.

BigServer1 08-15-2012 08:34 AM

I'm flying out tomorrow with tickets for Friday (Day and Night) Saturday (Day - Men's semis) and Sunday (Championships).

Super excited!

Anything specific that I should know about going in or places I should eat? First time in the Cincy area in general for me.

spiderman123 08-16-2012 11:49 AM

I was there for both sessions yesterday. Will be there at the night session tomorrow.

Federer-Fish here I come...

spiderman123 08-16-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigServer1 (Post 6808042)
I'm flying out tomorrow with tickets for Friday (Day and Night) Saturday (Day - Men's semis) and Sunday (Championships).

Super excited!

Anything specific that I should know about going in or places I should eat? First time in the Cincy area in general for me.

Keep hydrating yourself. Depends your seat is in shade or not. Do not throw away empty bottle(s)/ as you can refill water at the water fountain outside the restrooms. I still cannot bring myself to pay $5 for a bottle of water (somewhat big bottle, but still)

Foodcourt has lots of choices. J-Gumbo's buffalo spicy chicken was good, but again tad expensive at $8.50.

Pizza slice is the best bang for buck at $4 and keeps you full for a long time.

Consider trying your serve speed at the speed serve booth near the food court.

Do not forget: cap, sports drink powder if you want to take it so you can make your own drinks with water fountain water, battery fan with mist if you want, neck cooling devices if you are very sensitive to heat. (I only had a cap but I am heat resistant)

You can line up near the player's exit to watch players up close.

After a big match is over, rush to ESPN booth as they will interview the winner there and the first few bunch of people will get autographs, if you are interested in that.

Keep a watch on practice schedules, the best way to find practice schedules is on the TV screen near players' entrance.

With a center court ticket, you can sit anywhere on any other court except in the box seatings at grandstand (and center court other than where you are supposed to sit of course)

Enjoy. It is one of the best things a tennis fan can do.

(if it starts raining, don't panic, it will stop in a few minutes and play will resume pretty soon after that, they dry up the courts real fast, enjoy the coo l weather in the meanwhile)

ATXtennisaddict 08-16-2012 06:49 PM

Maybe I'll walk past some of you without knowing it. Going to final this Sunday.

hcb0804 08-16-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigServer1 (Post 6808042)

Super excited!

Must have eats while in Cincy: Montgomery Inn restaurant for best ribs in the world. Not that far from tennis site.

Skyline Chili, restaurants all over town, and available at tennis site.

Graeter's Ice Cream. Biggest chocolate chips you'll ever see in ice cream, several varieties of ice cream with huge chunks of chocolate (mocha choc chip, double choc chip, vanilla choc chip, etc.)

spiderman123 08-17-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 6812901)

Graeter's Ice Cream. Biggest chocolate chips you'll ever see in ice cream, several varieties of ice cream with huge chunks of chocolate (mocha choc chip, double choc chip, vanilla choc chip, etc.)

And Peach.. don't forget Peach. Only form I will eat Peach in. When it is available. Hate to admit but I do love their Peach flavor.

gully 08-19-2012 05:45 PM

Had a good time. Both girls got Fed's autograph, so that was a big highlight for them (and my younger one engaged him in some conversation!). Glad the weather wasn't too warm -- pleasant, sunny, slight breeze, and no rain.

Great side court action on the grandstand and other show courts. I took a lot of photos, if anyone's interested in seeing some shots from around the grounds.

cricketics 08-20-2012 07:13 AM

Brillinat pictures mate.

Keep it up.