Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   FedEx Package Stolen - who pays? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=433296)

TripleB 07-22-2012 03:53 PM

FedEx Package Stolen - who pays?

Ordered something that was shipped FedEx Ground. It was 'delivered' yesterday (Saturday) and left at the front door; according to the shipping number.

When I got home today (Sunday) from being out of town no package was at the front door...just a little sticky note from FedEx saying it was delivered but it didn't have anything filled out ("recipients name, date, etc.) or checked on the sticky note (ie: "delivered on: porch, door, neighbor", etc).

Normally FedEx requires a signature but the company sent the package where a signature wasn't required.

Is the company who sent the item responsible for the item? Ie: will they have to send a replacement free of charge or refund my money?

Thanks for any help.

TripleB

millicurie999 07-22-2012 04:03 PM

i assume if the company waived signature requirement, then it should be their responsibility for lost package. the contrary if you waive the requirement.

cjj14u 07-22-2012 04:05 PM

Unfortunately I think you are out of luck....

I just ordered something through **** & the seller sent it USPS and the tracking # showed "delivered" but I never got it...
In my case I don't think it was stolen but that USPS mis delivered it and the person who got it by mistake kept it...

I filed a claim with **** & the seller and it was denied since USPS showed it as "delivered" and it is my word against theirs..

Sounds like yours is the same situation....

SUCKS......

TripleB 07-22-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millicurie999 (Post 6745250)
i assume if the company waived signature requirement, then it should be their responsibility for lost package. the contrary if you waive the requirement.

I didn't waive anything. They sent the package that way. When I saw it was going to be delivered when I was out of town I even contacted FedEx about holding it at their place instead of delivering it but they said they couldn't do that with my package. I would also think it was the company I ordered it from's responsibility. If they would have sent it signature required then FedEx would have had to hand me the package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjj14u (Post 6745254)
Unfortunately I think you are out of luck...

SUCKS......

I even contacted the company before I ordered and told them I wanted to order so it would arrive on Monday since I was going to be out of town over the weekend. They told me to order it on Wednesday and it would arrive on Monday or Tuesday, so I did. Then it arrived on Saturday.

Weird thing is I've had hundreds of packages delivered by UPS and USPS and have never had one stolen before.

TripleB

Leelord337 07-22-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleB (Post 6745238)
Ordered something that was shipped FedEx Ground. It was 'delivered' yesterday (Saturday) and left at the front door; according to the shipping number.

When I got home today (Sunday) from being out of town no package was at the front door...just a little sticky note from FedEx saying it was delivered but it didn't have anything filled out ("recipients name, date, etc.) or checked on the sticky note (ie: "delivered on: porch, door, neighbor", etc).

Normally FedEx requires a signature but the company sent the package where a signature wasn't required.

Is the company who sent the item responsible for the item? Ie: will they have to send a replacement free of charge or refund my money?

Thanks for any help.

TripleB

you need to find out if the shipper declared any sort of value, usually its free insurance up to 500 dollars when you print labels online...but thats with Signature confirmation which is $2.15. i'm pretty sure there was no insurance because its an automatic signature confirmation for delivery...sorry, you should call fedex!

West Coast Ace 07-22-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Is this a company that you order things from regularly? What did they say? Most companies want return business - and they can write off losses. Did you pay with a credit card? Did you intentionally pick a shipping cost that didn't require a sig?

If you paid with a credit card didn't hose yourself by selecting the cheap shipping option: I'd (being polite!) call the company you purchased from - remind them you called to arrange for delivery on a day you would be home but their employee gave you bad information and the package was delivered when you were not home - make sure they understand you NEVER had physical possession of the article. If they don't budge tell them you're next call is to the CC company to cancel your payment. And you might go on Yelp and various other websites to alert other consumers of your poor experience.

coolblue123 07-22-2012 06:38 PM

fedex by default has insurance. u should check with them. also check with the online retailer, they should have insurance too. happened to me at least 3 x already. always got the replacement product.

r2473 07-22-2012 07:35 PM

when was the estimated delivery date?

i had a package that was to be delivered on a friday according to the website. it didn't come. i was home that day and never left my house (i was sick). i checked the website friday night and it said that it had been delivered (or they had attempted to deliver, i forget which). it came the next day (yes, saturday)

what probably happened is that the driver was running late but wanted it to be "delivered" (or attempted) on time so he didn't get in trouble or lose his bonus or whatever.

my guess is that you package was never delivered, and will come monday. i'd suggest not making a fuss or these drivers might f**k with future packages of yours in some way. stay on good terms with these guys. one day and a little deception ain't gonna hurt ya

oh, forget it. you had a sticky note on your door so they were there

Fearsome Forehand 07-22-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjj14u (Post 6745254)
Unfortunately I think you are out of luck....

I just ordered something through **** & the seller sent it USPS and the tracking # showed "delivered" but I never got it...
In my case I don't think it was stolen but that USPS mis delivered it and the person who got it by mistake kept it...

I filed a claim with **** & the seller and it was denied since USPS showed it as "delivered" and it is my word against theirs..

SUCKS......

Different in that, in your case, PP was involved. If an item tracks delivered, whether you received it or not, you are SOL with PP if you file a did not receive claim.

Quote:

Thanks for any help.

TripleB

Since you bought from a company not an individual, you should contact the company and tell them you did not receive the item even though Fed Ex shows it as delivered/left at door. If you paid with a cc, you can dispute the charge with your cc issuer if the company in question does not handle it properly.

If Fed Ex delivers, they do not leave a sticky note. They only leave a note if they attempt delivery, as is the case of signature required, no one is home, and they do not deliver. You might want to call Fed Ex as well to find out what is going on. Keep the sticky note obviously because that proves they did not deliver the package.

kimbahpnam 07-22-2012 08:05 PM

i once thought the same thing happened to me, but realized the seller put the wrong address on the form and I had to go to the wrong address and steal my package from their porch lol

TripleB 07-23-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Coast Ace (Post 6745452)
Did you intentionally pick a shipping cost that didn't require a sig?

I'd (being polite!) call the company you purchased from - remind them you called to arrange for delivery on a day you would be home but their employee gave you bad information and the package was delivered when you were not home - make sure they understand you NEVER had physical possession of the article.

There was only 1 shipping option available. When I first realized that the package was going to be delivered I sent an email to the company and told them that I was going to be out of town when it was delivered (explained to them that I emailed them and asked them when I should order it and they told me Wednesday). I never heard anything from them.

Yesterday I emailed them explaining that I never received the package and I was out of town when it was delivered (and explained again I asked them when I should order it). I had a response within 30 minutes :shock:

Strange they couldn't respond at all when I was telling them it was going to be delivered when I wasn't home but when they find out I never got it they are going to respond within 30 minutes. In the email they stated that they explained to me that shipping times may very and they couldn't guarantee when it would get to me. Like now it's my fault for listening to what they told me to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 6745624)
If Fed Ex delivers, they do not leave a sticky note.

Yea, that's what I didn't understand. Why leave a sticky note if you left the package at my front door. Wouldn't I see the package sitting there?

I could understand if you left the package somewhere else - neighbor, back door, side door, back porch, etc. - but the sticky note didn't have anything checked.

TripleB

sportsfan1 07-23-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 6745624)
If Fed Ex delivers, they do not leave a sticky note. They only leave a note if they attempt delivery, as is the case of signature required, no one is home, and they do not deliver. ...

That's my understanding as well. Maybe they actually meant to leave a redelivery attempt notice?
Try contacting fedex and give it another working day as well to see if you get the package.

On another note, I once got a package more than a month after Fedex said it was delivered. Weird, no explanation or clue on what happened, because the package was actually stamped with the original shipping date..

TripleB 07-23-2012 10:16 AM

My wife saw a Fedex delivery guy at her office this morning so she asked him about the situation I'm having. Among other things he said that FedEx Home Delivery is horrible.

FedEx called this morning and said that now their drivers do leave a sticky note if they deliver a package. She then asked me to describe where I live and what my house looked like. She seemed to think he left the package and someone stole it...didn't bother telling her about the hundreds of packages that UPS/USPS have delivered without an incident! Said that the local office has 48 hours to find out what happened and she will call me back in 48 hours.

TripleB

Govnor 07-23-2012 10:36 AM

Good luck, that is a nightmare.

hollywood9826 07-23-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleB (Post 6746651)
My wife saw a Fedex delivery guy at her office this morning so she asked him about the situation I'm having. Among other things he said that FedEx Home Delivery is horrible.

FedEx called this morning and said that now their drivers do leave a sticky note if they deliver a package. She then asked me to describe where I live and what my house looked like. She seemed to think he left the package and someone stole it...didn't bother telling her about the hundreds of packages that UPS/USPS have delivered without an incident! Said that the local office has 48 hours to find out what happened and she will call me back in 48 hours.

TripleB

It obvious due to the bold lettering this is a serious issue to you.

There are issue now where a lot of packages get stolen. Poeple at the distant end are putting drugs in the package and alerting thier local hookups to where the box will be delivered. They they snatch the box and take the drugs. Bonus if there is actual somehtign of value in it.

So a guy sees a box on you porch. Takes the box but leaves the stiky note?

All in all this is a minor inconvience to you. Either Fed-ex or the company will make it right.

Also, I dont know about Fed-ex home delivery. But Fed-ex ground is actually nothing more than independent contractors who get paid a flat rate to deliver the package. A guy I bowl with has like 7 trucks now. Regardless they are only as good or bad as the guy who is delivering the package that day.

TripleB 07-23-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood9826 (Post 6746691)
So a guy sees a box on you porch. Takes the box but leaves the stiky note?

All in all this is a minor inconvience to you. Either Fed-ex or the company will make it right.

But Fed-ex ground is actually nothing more than independent contractors who get paid a flat rate to deliver the package.

That's one thing that confused me...if ya take the package why not take the note? If ya don't take the note then it's gonna seem obvious that somebody stole the package. If you take package and note then I would just have thought it wasn't delivered. Very strange.

I hope you're correct about someone fixing this problem.

Yea, I think my wife mentioned the FedEx guy she talked to saying something about someone just buying out this group of deliverers.

TripleB

Fearsome Forehand 07-23-2012 12:17 PM

I think Fed Ex Ground (which was once RPS) is part of the Fed Ex proper. Fed Ex Home Delivery is another matter and uses contract/non union drivers.

The tracking system is the same, etc. I use Fed Ex a lot and they have never left a sticky unless to inform me they attempted delivery but did not deliver since no one was home. When they deliver, the leave the box on the porch but never a sticky note.

Is it possible the driver stashed the box in too good of a hiding place?

It is possible someone stole the box. It is also possible the driver did not leave the box and will re-deliver today.

hollywood9826 07-23-2012 12:23 PM

Home delivery is under ground. They just deliver to residential addresses and from tues-saturday. Apparently you can set up appointments fro them to drop the stuff off. I dont think many people are aware of that.

TripleB 07-23-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 6746849)
I use Fed Ex a lot and they have never left a sticky unless to inform me they attempted delivery but did not deliver since no one was home. When they deliver, the leave the box on the porch but never a sticky note.

Is it possible the driver stashed the box in too good of a hiding place?

It is possible someone stole the box. It is also possible the driver did not leave the box and will re-deliver today.

The lady I talked to today said they always leave a sticky note now no matter what. She did seem surpeised when I told her that there wasn't anything written on it and nothing was checked off where I could find the box.

I've looked everywhere aroumd the house 3 times and nothing. It could have been stolen but I've had hundreds of packages WITH UPS/USPS and never had one taken. My wife made a good point though, we typically don't have them left out over night. He didn't deliver it today (Monday).

TripleB

TripleB 07-23-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood9826 (Post 6746874)
Apparently you can set up appointments fro them to drop the stuff off.

After I saw it was going to be delivered when I was out of town, I got in touch with FedEx to see if they would just hold onto it at the local place and I would pick it up there. They said they couldn't do it with my package. In hindsight I bet they wish they had.

TripleB