Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Federer USO 04 final V Nadal USO 10 final - Who wins? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=433735)

Hitman 07-26-2012 08:35 AM

Federer USO 04 final V Nadal USO 10 final - Who wins?
 
Just taking into the account with the form both showed in their first US Open final, who would win, if they both came in with that form respectively?

NatF 07-26-2012 08:44 AM

Better question would be how many bagels does Federer hand out? ;-)

OverratedIvanovic 07-26-2012 08:49 AM

Nadal was dressed as an assassin at USO 2010. Not even GOAT could have stopped him from claiming the title :)

DRII 07-26-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatF (Post 6753305)
Better question would be how many bagels does Federer hand out? ;-)

Thanks for showing your true colors; Fedephant...

Nadal would have taken out Federer. His USO 2010 form would have edged out Federer's peak (06-07) USO form.

The main reason Federer lost his 2010 semi against Nole is because he did not want the distinction of having been beaten by Nadal in the final of every slam...

Now in 2011, i think Federer would have defeated Nadal if he had made it to the final...

Gangsta 07-26-2012 09:07 AM

Tough. Would have gone to 5 sets for sure, but Nadal would have prevailed. Just like he always does against Federer. Nadal of US Open 2010 was a freak.

Federererer 07-26-2012 09:11 AM

Nadal's USO10 form would not have even made he finals in 04. Cakewalk draws make one's form appear better than it is.

NatF 07-26-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRII (Post 6753350)
Thanks for showing your true colors; Fedephant...

Nadal would have taken out Federer. His USO 2010 form would have edged out Federer's peak (06-07) USO form.

The main reason Federer lost his 2010 semi against Nole is because he did not want the distinction of having been beaten by Nadal in the final of every slam...

Now in 2011, i think Federer would have defeated Nadal if he had made it to the final...

Keep on being butthurt :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I actually think Federer would have edged Nadal at the USO at both their peaks.

Where did you hear that from? Seems to me you talk out of you *** alot.

BigServer1 07-26-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRII (Post 6753350)
Thanks for showing your true colors; Fedephant...

Nadal would have taken out Federer. His USO 2010 form would have edged out Federer's peak (06-07) USO form.

The main reason Federer lost his 2010 semi against Nole is because he did not want the distinction of having been beaten by Nadal in the final of every slam...

Now in 2011, i think Federer would have defeated Nadal if he had made it to the final...

This is impossible to say with any definition. Rafa's road to the 2010 US Open title was beyond easy. Gabashvilli, Istomin, Simon, Lopez, Verdasco, Youzhny, then Djokovic.

Keep in mind Djokovic notched his first win over a top 10 player in all of 2010 against Federer in the SF. Prior to that match, he hadn't beaten anyone of note all season. His form was hardly what we saw in 2011.

I think it would be close between 2004 Fed and 2010 Nadal. I do think on a fast court like that, Fed would have the advantage. The ball doesn't kick up as high, and Roger's forehand moves through the court better. With that said, Rafa has the mental advantage, so who knows.

Tennis_Hands 07-26-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta (Post 6753351)
Tough. Would have gone to 5 sets for sure, but Nadal would have prevailed. Just like he always does against Federer. Nadal of US Open 2010 was a freak.

Yeah.

:roll:

joeri888 07-26-2012 09:18 AM

Depends. In Federer's 2004 mental state he did not have a mental problem with Nadal yet, but he also did not have the experience yet of dealing with Nadal. That's why I think Roger would have a tough time. However, the form both showed in the final specifically, Nadal stands no chance, he MAY win a set (as Hewitt almost did), but that other 2 sets I have yet to see someone stand a chance against that level.

The Bawss 07-26-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeri888 (Post 6753383)
Depends. In Federer's 2004 mental state he did not have a mental problem with Nadal yet, but he also did not have the experience yet of dealing with Nadal. That's why I think Roger would have a tough time. However, the form both showed in the final specifically, Nadal stands no chance, he MAY win a set (as Hewitt almost did), but that other 2 sets I have yet to see someone stand a chance against that level.

This. The way Federer was playing I don't think it really matters who was on the other side of the net.

FederErizeD 07-26-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeri888 (Post 6753383)
Depends. In Federer's 2004 mental state he did not have a mental problem with Nadal yet, but he also did not have the experience yet of dealing with Nadal. That's why I think Roger would have a tough time. However, the form both showed in the final specifically, Nadal stands no chance, he MAY win a set (as Hewitt almost did), but that other 2 sets I have yet to see someone stand a chance against that level.

This.
Federer would have been playing just another ordinary guy who isn't that good on fast courts AKA Nadal

BauerAlmeida 07-26-2012 09:38 AM

Federer 2004.

tennis_pro 07-26-2012 10:03 AM

Are you kidding me? Nadal wouldn't win a single set.

GasquetGOAT 07-26-2012 10:56 AM

No disrespect to the OP, but dumb comparison. A better question would be - USO 04 FINALIST V Nadal USO 10 final - Who wins?

In which case I'd say, "HEWITT IN 5!!!":D

TopFH 07-26-2012 11:00 AM

No one would have beaten Fed on that day.

10is 07-26-2012 11:17 AM

If I didn't know better I would have sworn the OP was a *******. Any rational person devoid of any vested interest in either player would not contemplate comparing Nadal of any year or form to Federer's peak years at the USO let alone 2004.

An absolutely dumb thread, worthy of peak *** himself!

DRII 07-26-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatF (Post 6753364)
Keep on being butthurt :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I actually think Federer would have edged Nadal at the USO at both their peaks.

Where did you hear that from? Seems to me you talk out of you *** alot.

I heard it from Deductive Reasoning; you should definitely give him/her a call every once in a while :twisted:

In your previous delusional post you certainly did not insinuate it would be close...

DRII 07-26-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigServer1 (Post 6753374)
This is impossible to say with any definition. Rafa's road to the 2010 US Open title was beyond easy. Gabashvilli, Istomin, Simon, Lopez, Verdasco, Youzhny, then Djokovic.

Keep in mind Djokovic notched his first win over a top 10 player in all of 2010 against Federer in the SF. Prior to that match, he hadn't beaten anyone of note all season. His form was hardly what we saw in 2011.

I think it would be close between 2004 Fed and 2010 Nadal. I do think on a fast court like that, Fed would have the advantage. The ball doesn't kick up as high, and Roger's forehand moves through the court better. With that said, Rafa has the mental advantage, so who knows.

I disagree; big surprise there...

Nole USO 2010 semi and final was Nole v1.9. He played well in both matches, particularly the final...

I also think it would be close, but given Nadal's form that year (huge serve, killer slice, great improvisation) and typical mental edge over Federer -- I would give Nadal the advantage.

Also 2004 Hewitt was certainly not the end all be all. He had lost significant foot speed by that time, and as usual had little offensive weaponry...

SLD76 07-26-2012 12:11 PM

USO 20004 court was very fast and not particularly high bouncing.

Fed in straights.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse