Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2012 Luxilon Playtest (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=434337)

TW Staff 07-31-2012 10:31 AM

2012 Luxilon Playtest

Attention Talk Tennis Members:

We have finished taking requests for the Luxilon 4G string.

We will not be sending email confirmations.

Once you have received and played with this string, please post your findings in this thread. If for some reason you do not post or if your review is clearly lacking effort, you will be excluded from future string/racquet/shoe playtests.

Included with your string will be a request to post a review on Luxilon's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LuxilonTennis. If you post your review to Facebook first, make sure to upload a copy of your review to this thread as well.

** Hybrids are Okay **

You must include the following in your review

Full set or hybrid
Tension used for playtest
Regular string set up
Racquet brand and model used for test
Power of test string
Feel
Spin
Comfort
Durability
Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable)
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)
Compare to the string you use most often
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.

Post review by Monday August 27

Happy hitting!

JoelDali 07-31-2012 10:42 AM

This string is epic.

:)

heartattack 07-31-2012 02:35 PM

email sent...

Rock Strongo 07-31-2012 04:12 PM

Still wondering about what happens if a playtest string were to break on the machine, leaving the person unable to perform a proper review... Or rolls his/her ankle en route to the court, tearing a few ligaments. God forbid those things happen, but they are a possibility. Do you just cut the strings out and send them back or...?

Yes. I know I'm not eligible for them, but I'm just curious, as I am with other things. Food for instance.

Also, obligatory entry in the "posts before new user shows up" game, 8.

neil1b 07-31-2012 04:17 PM

Hi,

Thanks for considering me for the play test. Sent my request.

Neil

Cup8489 07-31-2012 04:18 PM

So you will be sending a full set of string to the selected volunteers? This should be cool, happy playtesting to those who receive it.

Korso 07-31-2012 04:20 PM

Email sent :)

enderx1x 07-31-2012 05:03 PM

Email Sent.
I'm still a "green" member, but I participated, and enjoyed the recent Solinco Playtest.

duffman 08-01-2012 08:28 AM

I'm in! Wooooooooo!

ewberner 08-01-2012 08:34 AM

e-mail sent. Hopefully a set finds its way to my door!

Laney Tennis 08-01-2012 09:18 AM

email sent

swfh 08-01-2012 05:41 PM

Sent, reserved for review if I get selected

Also posted this on page 7

I strung this as a hybrid with gosen 16 natural in the crosses. The mains were strung at 52lbs, and the crosses 54, on a klippermate. While stringing, I noticed that the strings did not stretch at all. I chose to do a hybrid over full poly because none of the pros who use this string use it in a full bed. They always hybrid it.

My regular string setup constantly changes, but I have very much liked Big Hitter Blue Rough and Isospeed Baseline spin with gosen in the crosses, and at the same tension used above.

I used a Dunlop aerogel 4d 300 tour, with lead in the hoop.

Power: This string was not powerful in the slightest. I really had to swing to get some pop, but even then, it wasn't all that much. I did enjoy the fact that I have to provide my own power though.

Feel: This string had a lot of touch. drop shots were beautiful , and i was able to play volleys where I wanted to. It was not stiff, but crisp. On forehands from the baseline, I was able to feel the ball as I hit it; not something that usually happens.

Spin: This string was not all that good in the spin department, but since I have a sort of loopy forehand, it actually helped flatten out my strokes. This is no BHBR. It doesn't win points for you.

Comfort: I have never had any elbow problems, so pretty much every string is nice and comfy. It was not mushy, but crisp.

Durability: After 4 hours of play today, I did not see any notching, but I rarely do this early, as my frame has an 18x20 string pattern. I'll have to see if I will cut it out first, or break it.

Tension Maintenance: I didn't notice a change while playing, but I will update this the next time that I play.

Control: As this string was low powered, the trajectory was predictable. Not all that high, and not all that low. Sort of a medium throw.

Compared to BHBR: I did like this more than BHBR, in the sense that this is a more advanced players string. It is meant for someone who has dependable strokes, and doesn't need to get lucky with crazy topspin. There was not as much spin, but I don't think that it made a difference.

Tension recommendations: I would leave mine at the same tension. It is in that area where going too tight would make it too low powered, and making it looser would make it like a generic poly. I think that the point of this string is to be low powered, so why string it looser to make it powerful?

Summary: 1. I liked the fact that using this string makes you focus on your strokes, and made my forehand less loopy.

2. I also loved the feel. This is my favorite setup for volleys.

I disliked the fact that it was low powered, but I think that it was what luxilon intended.

Thanks to TW and Lux for the string and shirt. This was a very fun play test.

wrxinsc 08-02-2012 07:11 AM

email sent

mars76 08-02-2012 07:19 AM

email sent.

TheLambsheadrep 08-02-2012 08:49 AM

email sent, hope I got it in on time this time

Cfidave 08-02-2012 09:04 AM

Email sent as well

kfa111 08-02-2012 07:03 PM

email sent

mpournaras 08-02-2012 07:32 PM

emailed

10luxilons

gplracer 08-02-2012 08:21 PM

Email sent

Andyroo10567 08-02-2012 08:54 PM

Email sent yesterday. Saw everyone notifying the OP so decided to :P
Also, just wondering, like the previous playtest, will you send emails telling people that you received our emails?