Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Help I'd this Wilson please pro stock or retail??? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=434372)

neil1b 07-31-2012 05:10 PM

Help I'd this Wilson please pro stock or retail???

Ok, so I'm in Texas on buisiness asnd drive by a goodwill. I am very close to an area with big tennis programs. So I see a goodwill and say what the hell and go inside and find a few gems for 4.99 each. The fist was a red Fischer mono pro 95 in great condition and the second was a Wilson ncode six one 95 in mint shape,( beside the leather grip.)

I fly back to AZ with them and the next day take a closer look. The fischer is just plane cool looking. Players specs and strung with a nice hybrid. Definitely a keeper.

The Wilson threw me for some loops and it was marked 4 5/8 but the leather grip felt like more closer to a 1/4 or 3/8. It was strung with lux and was fitted with an old volkl leather grip.

I looked at the forum and noted a few things I discovered. The paint on this racquet is matte . The Wilson logo os a black square with the "w" in red. The specs in the throat are black letters of silver background. it is standard 27 inch length. I took the leather grip off and it appears to be a foam formed handle.

I looked at the retain stick and noticed the have a gloss paint, different Wilson logo at the throat and specs are different color in throat.

Can any of the experts here help out? I put pics up to look at.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

neil1b 07-31-2012 05:11 PM

Some more

Here's the rest

neil1b 07-31-2012 05:13 PM

And the fischer

And one other and pics of the Fischer if anyone is interested, I haven't seen many of these.

purple-n-gold 07-31-2012 06:39 PM

Nice find for 5 bucks! looks like the retail version to me neil

TennisManiac 07-31-2012 07:27 PM

Something is really off about the buut cap of that Wilson.

Nextman916 08-01-2012 12:05 PM

Could be fake...?

mary fierce 08-01-2012 12:12 PM

Times have certainly changed. I thought guys who go on business trips are supposed to donate to Goodwill, not raid their shelves for merchandise donated by others so the needy could obtain things they otherwise couldn't afford.

neil1b 08-01-2012 05:36 PM

Goodwill is a business like anything else. If it For the needy, I buy it and the money goes to a good place. Get of your high horse Mary blah blah... Don't post in my thread if you have nothing useful to contribute.

Oh, by the way.....you have been around since 04, so please see the thread bout best thing found at goodwill and please negatively respond to those 1000 posters.

PKfan1 08-01-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mary fierce (Post 6768939)
Times have certainly changed. I thought guys who go on business trips are supposed to donate to Goodwill, not raid their shelves for merchandise donated by others so the needy could obtain things they otherwise couldn't afford.

The whole idea behind Goodwill stores is to provide job training to the otherwise unemployable. Them selling stuff is just a means to keep the operation running.
So by OP shopping there he is doing his part to support the organization.

NickJ 08-02-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mary fierce (Post 6768939)

Goodwill (charity shops in the UK) are not for the exclusive use of the those in need. I agree they are a good way of those less fortunate to get items/clothes etc they otherwise couldn't get elsewhere, and i agree they are a good way of employing people unable to find other jobs, but they are for everyone to use & buy from. The money goes to a good cause, as mentioned previously, otherwise, what would you suggest? Security personnel on the door frisking the customers for items of wealth? "Excuse me madam, your watch is Armani, you cant come in here, you're not poor enough. Sir, please step outside, those trainers (sneakers) aren't dirty enough and have no holes in them! Get out & don't waste my time!"

dmcb101 12-09-2012 10:12 PM

I am interested in this racquet and was hoping someone with pro stock knowledge could weigh in and determine if it is in fact a pro stock racquet.

brownbearfalling 12-10-2012 02:29 AM

I say it isn't pro stock. What you have there is a retail version ncode 6.1 95 16x18. The retail versions of the ncode line are matte in the red areas and glossy in the white just like your frame.

The "matte" pro stock indicator only applies to the kfactors 6.1 racquets. Keep in mind the kfactor tour 90 is matte and the current blxs are matte.

However there is something different about your frame. As you said the grip label says 4 5/8 but it feels like a 43/8. That is because it looks like the devious owner shaved the handle and did a pretty poor job at that. The grip looks uneven. But it might just be the leather grip. Correct me if I am wrong. They also used a cheap replacement butt cap instead of an authentic wilson one. By the look of the shape of the grip it looks like they shaved it all the way down to the hairpin. If that is the case, the racquet is going to be costly to restore into playable shape. Post a picture of the racquet handle without the leather grip so we can confirm this.

neil1b 12-10-2012 08:52 AM

Thanks for the help. I am going to give it to my nephew. I appriciate identifying this is a retail version.