Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Roger Federer HPS 6.1 paint job racket (Equijet, this one's for you) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=434387)

faultfoot 07-31-2012 07:00 PM

Roger Federer HPS 6.1 paint job racket (Equijet, this one's for you)

Ahh, now that Equijet has graced us with his presence again, I have a question for him. Equijet, do you have Federer's HPS 6.1 with silver "W" logo over his PS 6.0 85?

We know of the HPS 6.0 PJ (your collection is amazing!), but I want to see if you got your hands on this HPS 6.1 version.

See the threads I created here and here that discuss this PJ that Federer sported early in 2002.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=384890

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=382024&page=2

Also, here are some pics for ease of reference:

You are probably the only one in the world (aside from the GOAT himself) who may possess this HPS 6.1 PJ.

Make us proud, Equijet! :)

jorel 08-01-2012 04:58 AM

hes already showed it to us.. do a search;)

jorel 08-01-2012 04:59 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=225289

jorel 08-01-2012 05:01 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=222350

faultfoot 08-01-2012 08:28 AM

Jorel, thanks for the links to Equijets threads for his HPS 6.0 frames. However, my thread is for the HPS 6.1 frames as stated in my thread title.

This HPS 6.1 paintjob would be even rarer than the HPS 6.0 one as Federer only sported the 6.1 graphics (i.e., silver W logo and 6.1 printed on the side of the frame) for a very, very short time.

Just curious if Equijet also had this frame and if so, if he would be willing to show it to us.

Cheers!

jorel 08-01-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6767792)

isnt that the silver Wilson logo? the bottom racwuet in the first pic

faultfoot 08-01-2012 10:42 AM

Yes, you're correct. That is one with the silver Wilson logo. However, if you scroll down (third pic), you'll see that this one isn't a 6.1 (that is, the side of the frame states 6.0, not 6.1.)

That's why I'm curious if Equijet also has the 6.1 paintjob version. He's shown us that he has a bunch of the 6.0s but none of the 6.1s.

Perhaps Equijet actually doesn't own one of Federer's paintjobs! Shudder the thought. :)

ericsson 08-02-2012 12:21 AM

I once had a Hyperprostaff 6.0 with the silver "W"
A very rare racket indeed! (the only one i've ever seen and i saw many)
They always came in yellow "W", the silver "W" only appeared on the 6.1

faultfoot 08-02-2012 08:53 AM

Yeah, the HPS 6.0 with silver W does exist as Equijet has shown us.

The rarer frame is the HPS 6.1 with silver W paintjob on the PS 6.0 85.

Equijet has not shown us this frame used by Federer.

jimbo333 08-23-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 6770584)
I once had a Hyperprostaff 6.0 with the silver "W"
A very rare racket indeed! (the only one i've ever seen and i saw many)
They always came in yellow "W", the silver "W" only appeared on the 6.1

I was once sent a racket in the HPS 6.1 with silver "W"'s paintjob of the PS 6.0 95:)

Must be a Pro paintjob of some sort, as there wasn't a retail version of the 6.0 95 in this paintjob, and I've never seen another!

It is currently in storage, but it looks exactly as in the photos at the top (only it's a 95 rather than an 85). It is surely the nearest, in looks at least, to this particular Federer racket, but I too wonder if Equijet has one of the actual 85 versions in this paintjob in his collection?

ericsson 08-25-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo333 (Post 6829339)
I was once sent a racket in the HPS 6.1 with silver "W"'s paintjob of the PS 6.0 95:)

Must be a Pro paintjob of some sort, as there wasn't a retail version of the 6.0 95 in this paintjob, and I've never seen another!

It is currently in storage, but it looks exactly as in the photos at the top (only it's a 95 rather than an 85). It is surely the nearest, in looks at least, to this particular Federer racket, but I too wonder if Equijet has one of the actual 85 versions in this paintjob in his collection?

Hi J, nice to see you back, hope all is well...
Stay in touch.

Equijet 08-28-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faultfoot (Post 6768433)
Jorel, thanks for the links to Equijets threads for his HPS 6.0 frames. However, my thread is for the HPS 6.1 frames as stated in my thread title.

This HPS 6.1 paintjob would be even rarer than the HPS 6.0 one as Federer only sported the 6.1 graphics (i.e., silver W logo and 6.1 printed on the side of the frame) for a very, very short time.

Just curious if Equijet also had this frame and if so, if he would be willing to show it to us.

Cheers!

faultfoot, you got me this time.... I don't have it in my stash. The PS85 in HPS6.1 pj racket was briefly used by Federer
who endorsed the regular HPS6.1 95 as a promising youngster in the season 2002.
That was replaced by HPS6.0 pj swiftly after several matches. It's really rare indeed. :)

Equijet 08-28-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo333 (Post 6829339)

hi jimbo,ericsson and other TT buddies, how are you guys lately? Did Jimbo acquire any new collectables recently? :)

ericsson 08-28-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equijet (Post 6840234)
hi jimbo,ericsson and other TT buddies, how are you guys lately? Did Jimbo acquire any new collectables recently? :)

Very fine and glad you post again, keep them coming my friend ;-)

faultfoot 08-28-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equijet (Post 6840146)
faultfoot, you got me this time.... I don't have it in my stash. The PS85 in HPS6.1 pj racket was briefly used by Federer
who endorsed the regular HPS6.1 95 as a promising youngster in the season 2002.
That was replaced by HPS6.0 pj swiftly after several matches. It's really rare indeed. :)

Hi Equijet. Thanks for chiming in. First, I'd like to say that your contribution to the Talk Tennis community is immeasurable. Thank you for sharing your all your rare frames! Definitely a great sight to behold. Your collection is most likely the only one in existence. It is undoubtedly, museum-worthy.

Being a fan of the old school rackets, in particular, those that originated in the 70s and 80s, I am a great admirer of your collection. I especially enjoy your professional (i.e., personal) pro player frames. Specifically, your Federer paintjob collection is out of this world!

Regarding the HPS 6.1 95 paintjob, thank you for confirming that Federer did in fact endorse this frame (and not just the HPS 6.0 95 paintjob). If anyone in the world (aside from TMF himself) had this frame, I surmised it would've been you. I would have loved to see pics of this "really rare" paintjob!

In any case, your input as to what paintjobs Federer actually used is just as valuable as you've proven yourself as one of the most knowledgeable, if not the most knowledgeable, source as to what paintjobs Federer's endorsed. You always back up your statements with proof, i.e., photo evidence, which, I am sure, many of us racket heads here, greatly appreciate.

Thank you, Equijet. I look very forward to viewing more of your collection in the future! I am sure I will be amazed and pleased. :)

jimbo333 01-26-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equijet (Post 6840234)

I missed this somehow, am good thanks, I havn't got anything good lately, although i did get some really great rackets just over a year ago. I will email you if I can find your email address!

Equijet 01-28-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo333 (Post 7166742)
I missed this somehow, am good thanks, I havn't got anything good lately, although i did get some really great rackets just over a year ago. I will email you if I can find your email address!

Hi Jimbo, haven't chatted with you for a long time... Of course, it should be a great pleasure to see your latest collection on TT forum. Leave a message to me if you want to talk individually. :)

Equijet 01-28-2013 01:16 AM

[quote=faultfoot;6768433]Jorel, thanks for the links to Equijets threads for his HPS 6.0 frames. However, my thread is for the HPS 6.1 frames as stated in my thread title.

Cheers!

hahahaha....I don't have this PS85 in HPS6.1 paint-jobbed racket. As far as I know that there is no Federer's autograph marking on the racket frame. It's really rare indeed! :)

Equijet 01-28-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faultfoot (Post 6768433)

Cheers!

hahahaha....I don't have this PS85 in HPS6.1 paint-jobbed racket. As far as I know that there is no Federer's autograph marking on the racket frame. It's really rare indeed! :)

faultfoot 01-29-2013 10:04 AM

Hello and thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equijet (Post 7173820)

Hi Equijet. Thanks for your reply. (I always enjoy your posts, especially the ones in which you share your rare frames.)

This HPS 6.1 paintjob certainly seems like a rare one.

I'd love to see an actual photo of this PJ. If anyone would be able to obtain one, I trust it would be you. In the event you do get your hands one, please do share with all of us. :)

Thanks again for your input.