Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Trick for Tying knots when stringing poly/co poly strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=434572)

brownbearfalling 08-01-2012 11:09 PM

Trick for Tying knots when stringing poly/co poly strings
 
I made a video of a little trick I made up from stringing countless polyester jobs over the years. I hope it helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQZChDJbXQ&feature=plcp

schap02 08-02-2012 07:35 AM

Handy.
I would like to think most stringers can handle this without bending the string but then again, I'm all for whatever helps people.

wperry42 01-24-2013 12:26 PM

good tip
 
As a beginner, I appreciate the video. Just finished my first hybrid and the poly did not tie easy, looking for short cuts. No need to scoff at people who enjoy the sport but are just learning.

Irvin 01-24-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wperry42 (Post 7158716)
As a beginner, I appreciate the video. Just finished my first hybrid and the poly did not tie easy, looking for short cuts. No need to scoff at people who enjoy the sport but are just learning.

I'm with you good or bad I like to see fresh ideas whether I am going to use them or not. Thanks for the video Brownbearfalling.

diredesire 01-24-2013 03:34 PM

Hey! I know this guy. I prefer a straight threading, I think this would actually be less maneuverable/manageable on extremely tight working quarters, but that's just me. Always good to see little 'tricks' like this that may be obvious to some, you can always adapt them for your own uses.

Also, I think you might be a little off on your length estimations, KQ. That was a little short for an inch ;)

P.S. Nice machine.

Lakers4Life 01-24-2013 05:35 PM

+1 I agree with DD. I usually tie a Parnell knot so it would be tricky to get in the second time around. It's much easier to push a straight string from the bottom.

Instead of a bend why not just a hook? It's a nifty trick but not extremely impressive.

v-verb 03-15-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbearfalling (Post 6770479)
I made a video of a little trick I made up from stringing countless polyester jobs over the years. I hope it helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQZChDJbXQ&feature=plcp

Thanks! It should help a bit.

Question - how do you make tight knots with poly? I had a hell of a time last night tying Spiky Shark

Thanks!

diredesire 03-16-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-verb (Post 7277706)
Thanks! It should help a bit.

Question - how do you make tight knots with poly? I had a hell of a time last night tying Spiky Shark

Thanks!

It's not too different from any other knot. If you're having trouble cinching it up, you probably need to do more "rocking" to get slack out. Pull away from you, and then back towards you. Repeat a few times to wiggle slack out.

I also like pulling very planar with the frame in the last cinch (pull very low to the frame, away from the frame)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse