Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I cant believe I am pulling for Serena (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=434615)

DoubleDeuce 08-02-2012 08:55 AM

I cant believe I am pulling for Serena

To beat Azarenka.

Well, I know she is American, but I am not a fan of her at all and mostly because of his behavior on and off court, I like her attacking game tho.

Anyone else pulling against Aza? She's just way too cocky imo

zcarzach 08-02-2012 08:56 AM

Rooting for Serena because Azarenka is too cocky is like rooting for Karlovic because Isner is too tall...

SLD76 08-02-2012 08:57 AM

she cant believe it either.

Russeljones 08-02-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleDeuce (Post 6771482)
To beat Azarenka.

Well, I know she is American, but I am not a fan of her at all and mostly because of his behavior on and off court, I like her attacking game tho.

Anyone else pulling against Aza? She's just way too cocky imo

I like how people like to put forward fake motives for hating the Williams sisters. Why not just come out and say it?

You're a disgrace.

DoubleDeuce 08-02-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russeljones (Post 6771536)
I like how people like to put forward fake motives for hating the Williams sisters. Why not just come out and say it?

You're a disgrace.

Here we go again!

Mr. Pinhead Analyst plays the "hate" card. You dont like a player personality? You must be a hater! You dont like a bully? You are a hater! You dont like cheaters? You are a hater!

And O.M.G. I am a disgrace now too!

The problem with you, Mr. Analyst, is that you are here because of your personal issues. Whenever you post anything it has to show how superior or smart you are and that makes you a fool.
:)
Have a good day!

kishnabe 08-02-2012 09:44 AM

I am pulling for Serena too. I used to hate her....but missed her tennis after that 1 year break.

DRII 08-02-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcarzach (Post 6771484)
Rooting for Serena because Azarenka is too cocky is like rooting for Karlovic because Isner is too tall...

gold star analogy...

However, i guess some may feel that Serena's cockiness is more appropiate given her acomplishments.

FEDEXP 08-02-2012 10:38 AM

I can't believe you are "pulling" for Serena either.

sunof tennis 08-02-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

You're a disgrace.

I don't think that is completely accurate. I happen to like Venus (although I think Serena's game is much more technically sound), although I never cared for Serena's personality.
I guess I am only a half-racist.

Don Felder 08-02-2012 10:46 AM

I wish Venus's career would have followed Serena's career trajectory because she's far classier.

That said, I am rooting for Serena because she is the only true champion left in the game that has a chance against the vile pigs like Azarenka and Sharapova. Their shrieking is a disgrace, and Sharapova's whole playing for Russia thing really grates on me for some reason (even though I generally don't root based on nationality and really couldn't care less most of the time... her shtick just angers me for some reason).

cueboyzn 08-02-2012 10:48 AM

Azarenka is a scream queen. Serena at least keeps her decibel level reasonable while on court. Watching Azarenka is positively painful, cannot bear watching more than five minutes of her at a time. The phrase Small doses comes to mind.

cueboyzn 08-02-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Felder (Post 6771854)
I wish Venus's career would have followed Serena's career trajectory because she's far classier.

That said, I am rooting for Serena because she is the only true champion left in the game that has a chance against the vile pigs like Azarenka and Sharapova. Their shrieking is a disgrace, and Sharapova's whole playing for Russia thing really grates on me for some reason (even though I generally don't root based on nationality and really couldn't care less most of the time... her shtick just angers me for some reason).

+ 1

10 shrieks.

Don Felder 08-02-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cueboyzn (Post 6771859)
Azarenka is a scream queen. Serena at least keeps her decibel level reasonable while on court. Watching Azarenka is positively painful, cannot bear watching more than five minutes of her at a time. The phrase Small doses comes to mind.

I can't bear watching her for any amount of time. If SNL or another comedy show did a skit inspired by Seles or Sharapova (i.e., 2 of the most prolific and obnoxious shriekers of all time), I can imagine Tina Fey out there howling Azarenka as a parody. Unfortunately for the fans, this is no joke, and Azarenka's shrieks are real. They really should be regulated. It's embarrassing and it's not a way for a decidedly minor sport (in terms of fans/viewership) to endear itself to the masses.

BigServer1 08-02-2012 10:56 AM

I would love to see Serena win the Gold Medal this year.

cueboyzn 08-02-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Felder (Post 6771870)
I can't bear watching her for any amount of time. If SNL or another comedy show did a skit inspired by Seles or Sharapova (i.e., 2 of the most prolific and obnoxious shriekers of all time), I can imagine Tina Fey out there howling Azarenka as a parody. Unfortunately for the fans, this is no joke, and Azarenka's shrieks are real. They really should be regulated. It's embarrassing and it's not a way for a decidedly minor sport (in terms of fans/viewership) to endear itself to the masses.

Agree with this 100%.

Azarenka is so bad she outclasses Neve Campbell in the Scream queen stakes.

When Steffi retired I all but stopped watching women's tennis, apart from the odd occasion watching and following first Martina Hingis and then Venus and Serena. The outrageous shrieking that has become the bane of womens pro tennis is scandalous; and what's even more scandalous is that nothing has been done to keep this practice in check. Now unfortunately it appears to have been condoned for so long that it will be difficult for the powers that be to bring it under control. That's if they actually had the guts to do so. This is why I will always pull for a champion like Serena (even though I preferred watching her sister to her) because she appears to be the only one that can shut these screamers up regardless of how loud they shriek. These 'ladies' (I use the term loosely) that perpetrate and perpetuate this practice for future up and coming young players to mimic, are doing a great disservice to women's tennis.

sureshs 08-02-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

You're a disgrace.

It is very sad, even creating a disguised thread for this purpose

sureshs 08-02-2012 11:52 AM

Azarenka is so bad that she won a Slam. TW posters do far better.

Alchemy-Z 08-02-2012 11:57 AM

I hope she gets gold!

Govnor 08-02-2012 11:58 AM

Just so I"m clear (as I"m still quite new here), if you don't like Serena and you state that fact, you are going to be accused of being racist?

sureshs 08-02-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Govnor (Post 6772092)
Just so I"m clear (as I"m still quite new here), if you don't like Serena and you state that fact, you are going to be accused of being racist?

Possibly, because others have done enough of that in the past to raise reasonable suspicions by creating Serena hate threads like clockwork.