Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Talk Tennis Updates (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How are moderators selected? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=434819)

BTURNER 08-03-2012 08:34 PM

How are moderators selected?
 
What qualifications do they establish? Is there a specific number of moderators or desired ratio of moderators to traffic?? What is the turnover rate in the course of a year say?

diredesire 08-03-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTURNER (Post 6778556)
What qualifications do they establish? Is there a specific number of moderators or desired ratio of moderators to traffic?? What is the turnover rate in the course of a year say?

Our forum is a little different compared to others in that there is only one "Moderator" (which is me), and the rest of the administration/moderation staff is TW Staff/employees. Before, it was mostly the web editing staff as far as I could tell, but I've seen some interaction from a Customer rep, which has been nice.

No specific number/ratio.

Turnover is pretty much 0. We've introduced 5(??) total mods over the course of time, I'm the second to last, I think?

TeflonTom 08-05-2012 09:00 AM

'the one', also known as the prime program, derives his power from the Source, as manifest in diredesire when he is jacked into the matrix. his powers include:

- extrasensory awareness of changes within the matrix code
- almost unmatchable superhuman strength, speed and stamina
- the power of flight
- practical invulnerability to physical damage
- healing powers
- clairvoyance
- telekinesis

the mechanisms of how 'the one' appears are a mystery, but it can be presumed that the Oracle is aware of the One's origin, as she successfully predicts the return of The One to aid the peoples of TTW

BTURNER 08-05-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeflonTom (Post 6783922)
'the one', also known as the prime program, derives his power from the Source, as manifest in diredesire when he is jacked into the matrix. his powers include:

- extrasensory awareness of changes within the matrix code
- almost unmatchable superhuman strength, speed and stamina
- the power of flight
- practical invulnerability to physical damage
- healing powers
- clairvoyance
- telekinesis

the mechanisms of how 'the one' appears are a mystery, but it can be presumed that the Oracle is aware of the One's origin, as she successfully predicts the return of The One to aid the peoples of TTW

Does HE demand ritual sacrifice or will remaing prostate in HIS presence show due deference?

MethodTennis 08-07-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 6778717)
Our forum is a little different compared to others in that there is only one "Moderator" (which is me), and the rest of the administration/moderation staff is TW Staff/employees. Before, it was mostly the web editing staff as far as I could tell, but I've seen some interaction from a Customer rep, which has been nice.

No specific number/ratio.

Turnover is pretty much 0. We've introduced 5(??) total mods over the course of time, I'm the second to last, I think?

who else has been a moderator in the past dire?

diredesire 08-07-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnd5000 (Post 6788614)
who else has been a moderator in the past dire?

KK, Noel, KanaHimezaki (?), SFrazeur

bukaeast 08-07-2012 09:01 AM

Spelling slippage
 
"Does HE demand ritual sacrifice or will remaing prostate in HIS presence show due deference?"

That's the gland. :(


pros·trate (prstrt)
tr.v. pros·trat·ed, pros·trat·ing, pros·trates
1. To put or throw flat with the face down, as in submission or adoration: "He did not simply sit and meditate, he also knelt down, sometimes even prostrated himself" (Iris Murdoch).
2. To cause to lie flat: The wind prostrated the young trees.
3. To reduce to extreme weakness or incapacitation; overcome: an illness that prostrated an entire family; a nation that was prostrated by years of civil war.
adj.
1. Lying face down, as in submission or adoration.
2. Lying flat or at full length.
3. Reduced to extreme weakness or incapacitation; overcome.
4. Botany Growing flat along the ground.

jorel 08-08-2012 09:33 AM

a blood sacrifice at the altar of Chris Edwards

Fearsome Forehand 08-09-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 6789071)
KK, Noel, KanaHimezaki (?), SFrazeur

They have all since been committed after years of dealing with this board. :)

And you forgot to mention Don H (aka Sysop for those of you who were around at the beginning of TT.)

How are moderators selected?

Have you heard of karma or pre-destination? The Circles of Hell from Dante's Inferno?

Obviously, the moderators are being punished for their sins in a past life. They believe they "volunteered" for the position, but actually it was all part of the divine plan to make them dearly pay for past misdeeds. :)

All kidding aside, if there is a truly thankless job, it is being a moderator on a message board. Especially one that has many (as in way too many) kids on it.

Hats off to TT moderators, past and present, for trying to keep a lid on this asylum.

6-1 6-3 6-0 08-10-2012 01:14 AM

Thanks for all your hard work mods. :D

Paul Murphy 08-11-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 6793517)
They have all since been committed after years of dealing with this board. :)

And you forgot to mention Don H (aka Sysop for those of you who were around at the beginning of TT.)

How are moderators selected?

Have you heard of karma or pre-destination? The Circles of Hell from Dante's Inferno?

Obviously, the moderators are being punished for their sins in a past life. They believe they "volunteered" for the position, but actually it was all part of the divine plan to make them dearly pay for past misdeeds. :)

All kidding aside, if there is a truly thankless job, it is being a moderator on a message board. Especially one that has many (as in way too many) kids on it.

Hats off to TT moderators, past and present, for trying to keep a lid on this asylum.

Couldn't agree more, well said.

Seany 08-11-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 6795648)
Thanks for all your hard work mods. :D

Do the community a favor and get rid of all his accounts, thanks mods.

mrw 08-12-2012 02:41 PM

It's a prison work release program.

Gorecki 08-12-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 6795648)
Thanks for all your hard work mods. :D

and you even dare to rub it in the mods faces!!!! nice touch there!

6-1 6-3 6-0 08-13-2012 08:45 AM

Hi diredesire, I have sent you an e-mail, hope you get it.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse