Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   College Recruiting Help (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=435675)

brizzle77 08-10-2012 03:51 PM

College Recruiting Help

I was wondering what recruiting services are out there that help tennis players get into college. Seems like a lot of the services are involved in all sports, and I don't know if tennis specific ones are better or if it even matters. Thanks for letting me know which one you know of.

gully 08-10-2012 03:54 PM

I did not employ their services, but while my daughter went through the recruiting process, I had many discussions with Scholarships for Athletes. They seemed to be very professional in their approach. I would have had no reservations about using them. We just ultimately decided it wasn't really necessary to do so, in part because my daughter had, for various reasons, limited her search to a handful of schools.

MaconTennis 10-19-2012 02:44 PM

As a college coach, I find one of the most useful tools when it comes to recruiting is through the recruiting websites - tennisrecruiting dot com being one of the best around.

It is also helpful to have a youtube video, specifically with match play posted that you can alert coaches at schools in whom you may have interest. Many Division I schools already have their recruits picked out but as a Division III coach most of us have rather limited recruiting budgets so any information we can find online proves most helpful.

Hope this helps

hydenst 10-20-2012 05:19 AM

college coach

I also am a Division III College Coach and due to limited funds we do not have the ability to reach out to and find players like our counter parts in other sports do....(I am at one of the top DIII Football Schools in the country).... the best way is to reach out to coaches: send some emails, make phone some calls...if you have some youtube videos send them to the coach...if a coach hears that u are interested in the school, especially at a dIII level, they will be interested in looking into you!!!

good luck

gavna 10-23-2012 03:26 PM

The best thing YOU can do is make a list of the schools you are interested in, then go visit the athletic site for each and look for the "prospective athlete/student questionnaire" link and fill that out and submit. As said above send info to the coaches - let them know YOU are interested in them and that will star the process. If they have summer camps attend those - if they don't ask them what camps they do work at (many coaches work at Nike or adidas or other independent tennis camps).

If you are truly interested in playing in school check out the NCAA website for the dos and donst and get your parents involved to help you - and register with the NCAA clearing house.

I have my 2 oldest playing D1 (one finished last year) and my youngest is 14 and we are starting the "weeding" out process of schools he wants to visit and maybe look at.