Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rafa's string setup and grip (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=435768)

touzin1994 08-11-2012 03:27 PM

Rafa's string setup and grip
 
What strings does raga use and does he use a leather grip with over grip? Or a synthetic?

Mister drool 08-11-2012 03:52 PM

i have no idea what he uses but folks say his racquet is about 330 gram total (more or less) and im talking about his actual frame and not the retail one, just the swingweight is very very high, so i supose he uses something along the lines of even balance or head heavy racquet.
Also, as pointed out to me once, and im still new to the forum, the search button is your friend, but what they dont tell you is, that there is a better way for you to search, just go into the famous search engine (probably you have it as your home page adress) and search the specs of the nadal racquet and type tt or talktennis as well!

The Meat 08-11-2012 03:58 PM

I think it was around 54 pounds with RPM Blast, the grip is just a Babolat Overgrip.

cluckcluck 08-11-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 6799603)
I think it was around 54 pounds with RPM Blast, the grip is just a Babolat Overgrip.

I don't think he uses RPM, from what I've heard, it's Babolat Duralast in a 15 gauge.

Up&comer 08-11-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cluckcluck (Post 6799696)
I don't think he uses RPM, from what I've heard, it's Babolat Duralast in a 15 gauge.

Nope. It's full RPM 15 at 55.

winstonplum 08-11-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up&comer (Post 6799737)
Nope. It's full RPM 15 at 55.

There is no "15" RPM Blast. It's a full bed of 16 strung at 55. His string before that since the very beginning of his career was Duralast 16 gauge. He uses a 4 1/4 stick with two Babolat overgrips.

Cup8489 08-11-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonplum (Post 6799885)
There is no "15" RPM Blast. It's a full bed of 16 strung at 55. His string before that since the very beginning of his career was Duralast 16 gauge. He uses a 4 1/4 stick with two Babolat overgrips.

He uses 15L RPM, a custom string made for him by Babolat. Before that, he used 15L Duralast. He uses a 4 1/4 handle with a Babolat Syntec Replacement grip and a Babolat VS overgrip.

55 lb tension.

tennisplayer1993 08-11-2012 08:57 PM

i think he uses either rpm blast or pro hurricane

Fuji 08-11-2012 09:33 PM

He uses a custom gauge of RPM Blast. I cannot remember if it's 15 or 15L, but it's what he uses as stated by multiple posters that strung for him.

-Fuji

sports4eva115 08-11-2012 09:49 PM

this was by a poster a long time ago, he either strung rafa's racket himself or got a chance to go into the stringing room I forgot which!
credits to him/her!
but yeah, 15g rpm it is!

uk_skippy 08-12-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cluckcluck (Post 6799696)
I don't think he uses RPM, from what I've heard, it's Babolat Duralast in a 15 gauge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonplum (Post 6799885)
There is no "15" RPM Blast. It's a full bed of 16 strung at 55. His string before that since the very beginning of his career was Duralast 16 gauge. He uses a 4 1/4 stick with two Babolat overgrips.

And here we go again.!!

To the OP, best to use the search function as this has been discussed many times, with the truth being revealed and counter arguments & opinions dismissed. I for one have added to previous threads, and had the experience of stringing some of his rqts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup8489 (Post 6799905)
He uses 15L RPM, a custom string made for him by Babolat. Before that, he used 15L Duralast. He uses a 4 1/4 handle with a Babolat Syntec Replacement grip and a Babolat VS overgrip.

55 lb tension.

Spot on, although he quotes 25kg.

Regards

Paul

bert96 08-12-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up&comer (Post 6799737)
Nope. It's full RPM 15 at 55.

thats wrong rafas tension only works in kilos, like ron yu said about rogers ;)
he strings at 25/25

*edit: but what about his gauge exactly in mm 1,35 or 1,40???

Praetorian 08-12-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert96 (Post 6800623)
thats wrong rafas tension only works in kilos, like ron yu said about rogers ;)
he strings at 25/25

*edit: but what about his gauge exactly in mm 1,35 or 1,40???

25 kgs = 55 lbs

bert96 08-12-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praetorian (Post 6800731)
25 kgs = 55 lbs

55.12 ;)

10 char

uk_skippy 08-12-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert96 (Post 6800623)
*edit: but what about his gauge exactly in mm 1,35 or 1,40???

It's 1.35mm.

Regards

Paul

Up&comer 08-12-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonplum (Post 6799885)
There is no "15" RPM Blast. It's a full bed of 16 strung at 55. His string before that since the very beginning of his career was Duralast 16 gauge. He uses a 4 1/4 stick with two Babolat overgrips.

There is no 15 available to the public.

tennis_balla 08-14-2012 10:53 AM

Even my Babolat product catalog that I got for being sponsored, on the back it says Rafael Nadal RPM Blast 135/15

Chemist 02-01-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sports4eva115 (Post 6800288)
this was by a poster a long time ago, he either strung rafa's racket himself or got a chance to go into the stringing room I forgot which!
credits to him/her!
but yeah, 15g rpm it is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praetorian (Post 6800731)
25 kgs = 55 lbs

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert96 (Post 6800811)
55.12 ;)

10 char

The photo showed 25.5 Kg.

25.5 kilogram = 56.217 876 857 pound:)

geekydeveloper 02-01-2013 10:06 AM


you can clearly see it's pro hurricane

Cup8489 02-01-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekydeveloper (Post 7184628)

you can clearly see it's pro hurricane

Doesn't mean it IS pro hurricane.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse