Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   flexible racket 11-11.5oz (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=436107)

csg4005 08-14-2012 03:47 PM

flexible racket 11-11.5oz

Any suggestions? I recently have been demoing the Juice and have had some wrist pain. From what I've read, that can be helped by getting a racket that has more flex. Any suggestions? I am currently demo'ing the Prince exo3 tour 16X18 and the Prince warrior. Both have lower flex and I have not had any wrist pain with either.

Any suggestions on other rackets that are flexible? Preferably lower than 66 and weigh between ~11 and 11.5?

Side not - Is the warrior 100 considered a "chick stick?"

jwbarrientos 08-14-2012 03:55 PM

There are many, here you got results from racquet finder

http://www.racquetfinder.com/?name=&...ice=&x=37&y=16

I'm using a PK Ki 5 315 that is 61 but around 11.8 oz

ThomasTerrible 08-14-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csg4005 (Post 6806642)
Any suggestions? I recently have been demoing the Juice and have had some wrist pain. From what I've read, that can be helped by getting a racket that has more flex. Any suggestions? I am currently demo'ing the Prince exo3 tour 16X18 and the Prince warrior. Both have lower flex and I have not had any wrist pain with either.

Any suggestions on other rackets that are flexible? Preferably lower than 66 and weigh between ~11 and 11.5?

Side not - Is the warrior 100 considered a "chick stick?"

F**k the chick stick talk. First of all, it's black and not bright pink with a Gucci designed sparkling handle. Besides, if John Isner can bare playing a chick stick, I'm sure you'll be just fine too.

Dho 08-14-2012 04:28 PM

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head...AD-HMGRAD.html

--Just within the weight range you listed but it is one of the more comfortable racquets I have ever hit with.

BreakPoint 08-14-2012 06:49 PM

The problem with very flexible racquets in that low weight range is that they will most likely be very underpowered. There's really only two ways to get power out of a frame - either stiffness or weight. To compensate for the lack of weight, most lighter racquets are made stiffer. However, a heavier racquet can afford to be flexier and still be able to generate some power from the weight itself.

The Wilson HPS 7.1 Zone was one of the worst racquets I've ever hit with because it was both light and flexy. It felt like playing with a wire coat hanger and I had trouble just hitting the ball over the net.

Babolatbarry 08-14-2012 06:51 PM

But BreakPoint the IG Rad Pro seems to be an exception to that?
Flex, low weight, amazing power from what I've heard.

Bartelby 08-14-2012 07:02 PM

According to the science I read, stiffness does not bring power.

The rad pro is not that light and the flex seems to be in the upper hoop.

ahk27 08-14-2012 07:10 PM

Blx Blade Team is flexible with some power if you have moderate-fast strokes.

dman72 08-15-2012 04:34 AM

The rad pro has a 340+ swingweight, doesn't it? Light? :confused:

The most flexible racquet I've ever hit with is my LM Rad OS...you can feel the throat flexing big time. At first it feels strange but you get used to it.

It isn't really that underpowered, I just don't like the 18x19 pattern...not as much spin as a 16X19.

Magnetite 08-15-2012 04:59 AM

Head microgel radical.

Bartelby 08-15-2012 05:23 AM

The new ig rad pro is 330, whereas the old one was 340 plus.

SOY78 08-15-2012 05:46 AM

Gamma RZR 98 fits the bill :)

Bartelby 08-15-2012 05:48 AM

Pro Kennex Black Ace also fits the bill so is worth a demo.

Babolatbarry 08-15-2012 01:13 PM

From what I've heard the RZR 98 sucks?

csg4005 08-15-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 6807030)
The problem with very flexible racquets in that low weight range is that they will most likely be very underpowered. There's really only two ways to get power out of a frame - either stiffness or weight. To compensate for the lack of weight, most lighter racquets are made stiffer. However, a heavier racquet can afford to be flexier and still be able to generate some power from the weight itself.

The Wilson HPS 7.1 Zone was one of the worst racquets I've ever hit with because it was both light and flexy. It felt like playing with a wire coat hanger and I had trouble just hitting the ball over the net.

Now with lighter & stiffer rackets, tennis elbow can be a problem however not so much with lighter flexible rackets. Is tennis elbow so much of a problem with heavier, flexy frames?

BreakPoint 08-15-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csg4005 (Post 6809012)
Now with lighter & stiffer rackets, tennis elbow can be a problem however not so much with lighter flexible rackets. Is tennis elbow so much of a problem with heavier, flexy frames?

No, not at all. There's no better racquet for preventing tennis elbow than heavier, flexier racquets. Of course, that doesn't mean you'll never get tennis elbow using one. You can still get TE from the wrong technique, overuse, or using stiff strings. But a heavy, flexy racquet is certainly better than a light, stiff racquet for minimizing your chances of getting TE.

dParis 08-15-2012 02:26 PM

Rebel 98.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babolatbarry (Post 6807036)
But BreakPoint the IG Rad Pro seems to be an exception to that?
Flex, low weight, amazing power from what I've heard.

High swingweight supplies the power, from what I can tell, but the Rad Pro's power is a little overstated, imo.

Passion4Tennis 08-15-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 6807030)

I played with the Wilson 7.1 Zone about 7 or 8 years ago briefly.
That thing was anemic! I'm probably exaggerating, but it felt as though
the racquet took 15-20 mph off of my serves and groundstrokes.

sunof tennis 08-15-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dho (Post 6806740)
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head...AD-HMGRAD.html

--Just within the weight range you listed but it is one of the more comfortable racquets I have ever hit with.

Any of the radicials are good choices. The Boris Becker London MP is a fairly flexible racquet which is great to hit with.