Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   LaserFibre Quantum TT Stringing Machine (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=436138)

kopfan 08-14-2012 09:31 PM

LaserFibre Quantum TT Stringing Machine

Anyone have manual for LaserFibre Quantum TT Stringing Machine? or anyone know how can I contact LaserFibre? They seem to be totally disappear on the web.

sstchur 08-14-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopfan (Post 6807296)
Anyone have manual for LaserFibre Quantum TT Stringing Machine? or anyone know how can I contact LaserFibre? They seem to be totally disappear on the web.

Even a moderate effort in searching the forums here for LaserFibre will reveal to you horror story upon horror story, confirming that you absolutely do not want to attempt to deal with LF in any way. It's highly unlikely that you'll ever see the machine you desire, but very likely that they will be happy to promise you a machine and take your money anyway.

kopfan 08-14-2012 10:37 PM

I understand that LF is already sunken deep down the sea but I believe whoever had this machine know that it is indeed a good machine. I got this machine from someone. I would like to found out more information regarding this machine through it manual.

tvu 08-14-2012 10:51 PM

I don't recall a manual that is really worthy of reading. Is there anything you need help in particular?

tvu 08-14-2012 10:54 PM

Sorry - I was referring to the MS200TT - I don't have experience with the Quantum.

kopfan 08-14-2012 11:29 PM

I would like to know how can i disassemble the unit just like it arrived in the box. (for storage/moving purpose). I want to use the machine for other racquet like badminton, how to setup the mounting correctly.

TennisCJC 08-15-2012 12:07 PM

To move it, I would just remove the round drop weight from the tension bar.

Then, remove the tension bar by pulling the pin out where the tension ball conects to the tension tower.

I think the turntable just lifts off but cannot remember. Actually, if you have a big box, I would just leave the turntable on.

Pack it in a big box with lots of stuffing and you should be good.

sstchur 08-15-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstchur (Post 6807313)
Even a moderate effort in searching the forums here for LaserFibre will reveal to you horror story upon horror story, confirming that you absolutely do not want to attempt to deal with LF in any way. It's highly unlikely that you'll ever see the machine you desire, but very likely that they will be happy to promise you a machine and take your money anyway.

You know that's my bad actually. I didn't read your post carefully. I saw the part about wanting to contact LF and I immediately thought you were interested in trying to buy a machine. I totally missed that you were just looking for a manual.

My bad.

tball 08-18-2012 08:06 AM

Be *extra careful* about the little white things on the mounting plates. They just fall off. I lost mine when I moved. The packers packed my machine, and after I unpacked it a year later, the white things were gone. Those white things are not attached at all. They just fall off.

Luckily, I got replacements for mine -- from LaserFiber (they were a normal company back then).

Since then, the way I pack and transport this machine is by mounting a dummy racquet (with the handle cut off), and clamping it tightly. This keeps everything in place, and it only takes me about 20 seconds to get everything ready upon assembly. This also keeps the mounting table from shifting in the box.

kopfan 08-18-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tball (Post 6815813)
Be *extra careful* about the little white things on the mounting plates. They just fall off. I lost mine when I moved. The packers packed my machine, and after I unpacked it a year later, the white things were gone. Those white things are not attached at all. They just fall off.

Luckily, I got replacements for mine -- from LaserFiber (they were a normal company back then).

Since then, the way I pack and transport this machine is by mounting a dummy racquet (with the handle cut off), and clamping it tightly. This keeps everything in place, and it only takes me about 20 seconds to get everything ready upon assembly. This also keeps the mounting table from shifting in the box.

the white spacer for the top and throat mount screw cap?

Btw.. anyone know if any fixed clamp in the market can replace fixed clamp on LaserFibre Quantum TT?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=436600

TennisCJC 08-21-2012 10:23 AM

Search the web for Stringway Machines. They now make the older LaSerFibre machines and I am sure you can buy clamps. Stringway = Old LaSerFibre.

kopfan 08-22-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisCJC (Post 6823290)
Search the web for Stringway Machines. They now make the older LaSerFibre machines and I am sure you can buy clamps. Stringway = Old LaSerFibre.

Sad to say that Quantum TT model is different. Stringway = Laserfibre MS model.

TennisCJC 08-23-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopfan (Post 6826182)
Sad to say that Quantum TT model is different. Stringway = Laserfibre MS model.

isn't the Q TT the same as the Eagnas Logic 90 see url: http://www.eagnas.com/logic90.html

I think Eagnas has the new LaSerFibre model as a Logic 90. Call them and see if I'm right.

cbegap 09-13-2012 11:03 AM

You can run the clamps all the way down and angle the white things and pinch them on with the mounting clamps. You can do the same for the ones at the head. Keeps everything held together. I had bought the Babolat retainer from Alpha the US distributor for SW and I keep it in the black plug in the back of the machine. You just pull the big plug out, make some slits in the plastic and push the adaptor into it. Reinstall the big plastic plug and you can't even see the adaptor because it is stored inside the main tube.

kopfan 09-23-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbegap (Post 6897679)
You can run the clamps all the way down and angle the white things and pinch them on with the mounting clamps. You can do the same for the ones at the head. Keeps everything held together. I had bought the Babolat retainer from Alpha the US distributor for SW and I keep it in the black plug in the back of the machine. You just pull the big plug out, make some slits in the plastic and push the adaptor into it. Reinstall the big plastic plug and you can't even see the adaptor because it is stored inside the main tube.

Any pictures to show?