Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rafa has basically given up any shot of getting to #1 before late 2013 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=436187)

kragster 08-15-2012 09:07 AM

Rafa has basically given up any shot of getting to #1 before late 2013

With olympics, USO, toronto, cincy skipped, that is a huge amount of pts. If Rafa had played those events this year, he could at least have gotten 1500 pts (total events worth 4750 ) if not more from that bunch. That means that to be no 1 before toronto/cincy next year, the only way Rafa can make up for this hole is to win 2 of the 3 slams before USO plus a few masters.

Btw I'm not saying Rafa should have played USO, I'm simply suggesting the implications of skipping so many tournaments. Basically I expect Rafa to not get to even no 2 in the world until late next year.

Clarky21 08-15-2012 09:09 AM

Seriously,who cares about this? His career is hanging in the balance yet people want to quack on about getting back to #1. How about he actually gets back on court period before we start worrying about needless crap like this.

veritech 08-15-2012 09:10 AM

what's the deal with the ATP's ranking protection? does that serve a purpose in his case?

veritech 08-15-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6808192)
Seriously,who cares about this? His career is hanging in the balance yet people want to quack on about getting back to #1. How about he actually gets back on court period before we start worrying about needless crap like this.

...because it's a tennis forum and that's what we talk about...

Sabratha 08-15-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veritech (Post 6808196)
what's the deal with the ATP's ranking protection? does that serve a purpose in his case?

I don't think it does.

TheF1Bob 08-15-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6808192)

I didn't think it was possible but you have surpassed the great *** for stupidity.

Well Done.

SStrikerR 08-15-2012 09:16 AM

He won't make it back to 1. In fact, I doubt he'll ever have a full season again, so even ending the year at #2 will be difficult from now on.

フェデラー 08-15-2012 09:22 AM

I think he might be out of the top 3 very soon. I'm wondering what's going to happen with the indoor season. If he meets anyone in the top 10, or any big hitter/big server, he's going to have a very unpleasant time.

underground 08-15-2012 10:11 AM

Realistically I wouldn't even him give him a shot at #1 in 2013. If the injury continues how is he gonna defend the bulk of points from early 2012 that form most of his current ranking? I doubt he's gonna reach the AO final again + defend all of Barcelona + MC + Rome + RG.

6-1 6-3 6-0 08-15-2012 10:15 AM

I made a thread about this but it was deleted for some reason. I think that's the 6th time that's happened. :-|

Anyway, as I said before, the number 1 ranking isn't too important to him right now. He still has some records he can set, like becoming the first man to win a slam 8 times (can achieve this at Roland Garros 2013), or becoming the first player in the Open Era to win a title 9 times (Monte Carlo).

R.Federer 08-15-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 6808397)
I made a thread about this but it was deleted for some reason. I think that's the 6th time that's happened. :-|

Anyway, as I said before, the number 1 ranking isn't too important to him right now. He still has some records he can set, like becoming the first man to win a slam 8 times (can achieve this at Roland Garros 2013), or becoming the first player in the Open Era to win a title 9 times (Monte Carlo).

cause your threads are in the art of trolling keep making them and the mods will take them away karma

6-1 6-3 6-0 08-15-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.Federer (Post 6808422)
cause your threads are in the art of trolling keep making them and the mods will take them away karma

Had to read your post three times before I understood what you were saying. I didn't see anything wrong with my thread.

R.Federer 08-15-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 6808424)
Had to read your post three times before I understood what you were saying. I didn't see anything wrong with my thread.

the mods did and thats what counts but anyway not going to detour this thread anymore so enjoy

nadal wont gain the numebr 1 ranking again atleast until djoker and fed fall by the wasteside, even then murray is around, therefore i dont think it will happen again in my opinion

Power Player 08-15-2012 10:36 AM

I talked to a few people who are usually pretty accurate about everything tennis related. They all think Rafa has been suspended for doping but the ATP values him so much that they will never release that info. A lot of touring pros think he dopes but they know his presence helps tennis in general so no one can do much.

Anyway not trying to flame rafa, as I am a big fan, but let's be real about it..the guy is most likely doping.

namelessone 08-15-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 6808450)
I talked to a few people who are usually pretty accurate about everything tennis related. They all think Rafa has been suspended for doping but the ATP values him so much that they will never release that info. A lot of touring pros think he dopes but they know his presence helps tennis in general so no one can do much.

Anyway not trying to flame rafa, as I am a big fan, but let's be real about it..the guy is most likely doping.

Laptop girl?

Power Player 08-15-2012 10:54 AM

I dont know what that means since I rarely post here due to all the childishness. I really have no dog in this fight I am just sharing a rather interesting conversation I had right before the olympics, and the person said "I guarantee he will sit out the US Open".

veritech 08-15-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

we'll surely believe you...

i'm not going to say he does or does not, but i'll take the innocent until proven otherwise option with nadal.

kragster 08-15-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

People on this forum lack basic common sense so let me try to explain the logic train.

Let's take 2 scenarios, Rafa was doping before Wimby or Rafa was doping after Wimby.

If Rafa was doping BEFORE Wimby, then I find it hard to believe that he would be taken by 5 sets by a guy like Rosol. Must be some really bad drugs if they actually make you lose in the quarters at Halle and in the R64 at Wimby.

If Rafa wanted to dope AFTER Wimby, then he and his camp would have to be REALLY stupid to choose the period before Olympics, the only event in FOUR years where you are likely to be tested. It would make much more sense to dope AFTER the olympics for the USO. So why would he skip the Olympics then?

I know this sounds really out there but i have heard this theory that if you aggravate a pre-existing injury it gets worse. Perhaps even bad enough that it might force you to skip a tournament or two. Crazy right. Of course I don't expect anyone to believe this outlandish theory.

Power Player 08-15-2012 10:55 AM

I don't care if you guys believe me. I just shared for all the normal folks who browse and don't post all time. The last few posts clearly show my point. I don't need anything explained like I am a child, I know exactly what I am talking about, and I don't care if you regular trolls care or not.

enjoy your infighting and multiple accounts..sniping each other and meaningless debates.

namelessone 08-15-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kragster (Post 6808510)
People on this forum lack basic common sense so let me try to explain the logic train.

Let's take 2 scenarios, Rafa was doping before Wimby or Rafa was doping after Wimby.

If Rafa was doping BEFORE Wimby, then I find it hard to believe that he would be taken by 5 sets by a guy like Rosol. Must be some really bad drugs if they actually make you lose in the quarters at Halle and in the R64 at Wimby.

If Rafa wanted to dope AFTER Wimby, then he and his camp would have to be REALLY stupid to choose the period before Olympics, the only event in FOUR years where you are likely to be tested. It would make much more sense to dope AFTER the olympics for the USO. So why would he skip the Olympics then?

I know this sounds really out there but i have heard this theory that if you aggravate a pre-existing injury it gets worse. Perhaps even bad enough that it might force you to skip a tournament or two. Crazy right. Of course I don't expect anyone to believe this outlandish theory.

Look, we all know that Nadal skipped Olympics, 2 MS, USO and possibly the rest of the year because Rosol beat him and he wants to give credibility to that fake injury of his. That or he was silently banned for half of the year.

No freaking way was he injured. No way man.