Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Quick tip (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=436376)

Irvin 08-17-2012 03:43 AM

Quick tip

You ever hate putting in those vibration dampeners with the soft rubber circles on each side in the strings. With my arthritis I find it hard to get those little loops between the tight strings. Well not any more I used a string puller to make those little suckers slide in there slicker than snot on a glass door knob.

therecanbeonlyone 08-17-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 6813294)
slicker than snot on a glass door knob.

+1 for this. The tip is good too, I suppose.

jim e 08-17-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 6813294)
You ever hate putting in those vibration dampeners with the soft rubber circles on each side in the strings. With my arthritis I find it hard to get those little loops between the tight strings. Well not any more I used a string puller to make those little suckers slide in there slicker than snot on a glass door knob.

Irvin: I don't have any glass door knobs, so I really can't make the comparison that you did.
Any chance you made a video of this comparison?

Irvin 08-17-2012 06:48 AM

Your just going to have to use your imagination Jim.

beernutz 08-17-2012 07:07 AM

I've wondered whether it would do any harm to go ahead and insert the dampener after you've strung the mains but before stringing the crosses so it would be easier to install?

mikeler 08-17-2012 09:04 AM

Even easier, don't use a dampener. They are useless anyways.

Irvin 08-17-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beernutz (Post 6813637)
I've wondered whether it would do any harm to go ahead and insert the dampener after you've strung the mains but before stringing the crosses so it would be easier to install?

Ben there done that it gets in the way of your clamps unless you clamp the cross in the center. The rounded tip on the string puller goes right through the intersecting string very easy and the hook pull the dampener right along with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 6813906)

Or if you have to use one use a rubber band. It is easy to string them across the mains and they don't get in the way of the clamps.

beernutz 08-19-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 6813906)

One more:

Irvin 08-21-2012 09:56 AM

Found another use for the string puller today. While stringing up a Tecnifiber Tflash 290 (16 main skip 7&9 t&b start throat) I found I had two string blocking hole 7t. Using the rounded edge of the point of the string puller I slipped the hook under the string so I could get grab the main going from 10t to 6t for tie off. That lifted the string up just enough to get my bottom cross in 7t easily.