Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   2012 4.0 Nationals. Who's going? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=436789)

kelawai 08-20-2012 11:47 PM

2012 4.0 Nationals. Who's going?
 
Eastern Section 4.0 just over this past weekend. I am glad they moved the venue from Syracuse to Schenectady.

Who's else is going? And Good Luck.

USS Tang 08-21-2012 06:16 AM

Where and when is it?

goober 08-21-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USS Tang (Post 6822672)
Where and when is it?

It has been in Tuscon for as long as I can remember. Usually it is around October.

kelawai 08-21-2012 09:12 AM

4.0 Nationals is at Tusson, AZ on Oct. 19-21.

F L O B B E R 08-21-2012 02:28 PM

Arizona? That's funny, you'd think a huge gathering of Sandbaggers would be in an area more prone to flooding.

goober 08-21-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F L O B B E R (Post 6823715)
Arizona? That's funny, you'd think a huge gathering of Sandbaggers would be in an area more prone to flooding.

Yo- Tucson is prone to flashflooding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-790ujGomN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZTW2mS7go0




The baggers come in and then are gone in a flash:)

West Coast Ace 08-21-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F L O B B E R (Post 6823715)
Arizona? That's funny, you'd think a huge gathering of Sandbaggers would be in an area more prone to flooding.

Well played. I'm sure the dad's in Tuscon have their 18 yr old daughters on lockdown too.

Ronaldo 08-21-2012 08:08 PM

M i d w e s t is next weekend in Indy

USS Tang 08-22-2012 04:12 AM

Does the Tucson 4.0 have a USTA number so I can find it on their website?

kelawai 08-22-2012 11:25 AM

http://www.usta.com/Play-Tennis/USTA...Championships/

sansaephanh 08-27-2012 12:48 AM

My friends just played the 2.5 league. Omg i swear everyone in the tourney was 3.0-3.5. Ridiculous sandbaggin.. I'm signing up for 3.0 to test the waters and get back into tennis condition, but jesus! There was a team from Roseville CA that all 3.0-3.5. They put their best guy with probably their weakest guy.

Roseville lost their first set and the guy just goes on a poaching and ripping rampage. It plain just didnt look fair. But my friends were probably around 3.0 anyways. They held up well, but lost out in a Coleman(?) style tiebreak.

PhotoBlue 08-27-2012 06:13 PM

4.0 nationals (laugh, laugh)

downs_chris 08-28-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelawai (Post 6822422)
Eastern Section 4.0 just over this past weekend. I am glad they moved the venue from Syracuse to Schenectady.

Who's else is going? And Good Luck.

hey...it looks like you're going back! we played a doubles match against each other at last years nationals....

but yeah, my team this year missed it by one match -- the other team was deeper and better...i should've played for the other team...haha, but 2 of my teammates are going back from our nationals team last year...good luck man! how's your team this year?

Nostradamus 08-28-2012 09:17 AM

so Who are the College ringers disguised as 4.0 this year ?

tenniscasey 08-28-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansaephanh (Post 6836822)
My friends just played the 2.5 league. Omg i swear everyone in the tourney was 3.0-3.5. Ridiculous sandbaggin.. I'm signing up for 3.0 to test the waters and get back into tennis condition, but jesus! There was a team from Roseville CA that all 3.0-3.5. They put their best guy with probably their weakest guy.

Roseville lost their first set and the guy just goes on a poaching and ripping rampage. It plain just didnt look fair. But my friends were probably around 3.0 anyways. They held up well, but lost out in a Coleman(?) style tiebreak.

Here's an explanation of the Coman tiebreak in case you're curious.

http://www.usta.com/Improve-Your-Gam...s/Tiebreakers/

Also, I didn't know 2.5 leagues existed. Gee whiz. Considering how easy it is to progress from a 2.5 to a 3.0, I would expect sandbagging to be unavoidable in 2.5 leagues, far more so than in other divisions--where I know it's also rampant for reasons besides unavoidability.

kelawai 08-28-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downs_chris (Post 6840830)
hey...it looks like you're going back! we played a doubles match against each other at last years nationals....

but yeah, my team this year missed it by one match -- the other team was deeper and better...i should've played for the other team...haha, but 2 of my teammates are going back from our nationals team last year...good luck man! how's your team this year?

Chris, I checked on your team and you guys are so close to win. I am still undecided whether to go this time.

FuzzyBalls1979 08-29-2012 03:05 PM

Alabama is sending another team from the Southern Section. That makes 2 of the last 3 years a team from Huntsville has made it.

F L O B B E R 08-29-2012 04:59 PM

Seriously? There are 2.5 leagues? How does one get bumped from a 2.5 to a 3.0 - consistently demonstrating the ability to hold the correct end of the racket?

Apologies to any 2.5 rated players who take offense to the above.

Ronaldo 08-29-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F L O B B E R (Post 6845343)
Seriously? There are 2.5 leagues? How does one get bumped from a 2.5 to a 3.0 - consistently demonstrating the ability to hold the correct end of the racket?

Apologies to any 2.5 rated players who take offense to the above.

Just Win Baby. No one notices which level you played.

tennis_tater 09-05-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyBalls1979 (Post 6844959)
Alabama is sending another team from the Southern Section. That makes 2 of the last 3 years a team from Huntsville has made it.

Believe they won it two years ago and lost in the finals of their Sectionals last year and cruised thru it this year. Should probably be one of the favorites to win it this year.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse