Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Nike Summer 2013 Predictions/Hopes/Wants thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=437475)

Babolast 08-26-2012 05:43 PM

Nike Summer 2013 Predictions/Hopes/Wants thread

The catalog will come out in 1 weeks time and when it does I will provide you with all the information but until then what are your predictions an hopes for the line?

Federer:
CLAY - Crimson polo with khaki brown shorts.
FRENCH OPEN - Jade crew with grey shorts.

Nadal:
CLAY - Orange blaze crew with red shorts.
FRENCH OPEN - Mint crew with silver shorts.

Del Potro:
CLAY - Aqua polo with white shorts.
FRENCH OPEN - Navy polo with red shorts.

mpournaras 08-26-2012 06:24 PM

The mint/silver combo is severely under used. Mint is such a classy color :) I would almost rather see fed or berdych in mint rather than Nadal.

Babolast 08-26-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpournaras (Post 6836291)
The mint/silver combo is severely under used. Mint is such a classy color :) I would almost rather see fed or berdych in mint rather than Nadal.

Yes I have been waiting a long, long time to see a mint tennis shirt. Hopefully Summer 13 will provide us with one.

フェデラー 08-26-2012 06:38 PM

Do you think Roger will be back in white and gold since he is Wimby champion again?

Babolast 08-26-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by フェデラー (Post 6836320)
Do you think Roger will be back in white and gold since he is Wimby champion again?

I doubt it.

Feel free to post your hopes/wants in this thread guys.

anhuynh16 08-26-2012 07:10 PM

nike will be bold in 2013.

i think reflective 3M should be a big part of the line! (summer '13

Fed:
clay- kelly green (oregon ducks) crew with 3M accents. vapor 9s would be kelly green/black with the heel part in 3M.

FO: jade/silver( 3M) polo. V9s - 3M and jade in teal.

Rafa (if he plays ;)

clay: 3M shirt with blue accents. cBs would be blue. not sure what shade of blue.

FO: bright mango shirt with 3M accents. CBs inspired by the blake griffin hyperdunk 2011 10.0 PE ( one of my fav. colorways ever)

delpo:

mango shirt with 3M digicamo pattern?

Babolast 08-26-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anhuynh16 (Post 6836382)
nike will be bold in 2013.

i think reflective 3M should be a big part of the line! (summer '13

Fed:
clay- kelly green (oregon ducks) crew with 3M accents. vapor 9s would be kelly green/black with the heel part in 3M.

FO: jade/silver( 3M) polo. V9s - 3M and jade in teal.

Rafa (if he plays ;)

clay: 3M shirt with blue accents. cBs would be blue. not sure what shade of blue.

FO: bright mango shirt with 3M accents. CBs inspired by the blake griffin hyperdunk 2011 10.0 PE ( one of my fav. colorways ever)

delpo:

mango shirt with 3M digicamo pattern?

I'm liking your predictions especially the jade polo but what is the (3m) you speak of?

Ico 08-26-2012 07:25 PM

Federer: Red, Blue, Black, White
Nadal: Neon, probably Volt/Green
Delpo: Blue
Berdych: Boring

It is Nike after all.

Babolast 08-26-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico (Post 6836410)
Federer: Red, Blue, Black, White
Nadal: Neon, probably Volt/Green
Delpo: Blue
Berdych: Boring

It is Nike after all.

This will most likely be the case...

フェデラー 08-26-2012 07:49 PM

It would be nice if Roger switches up colors for Wimby. I loved Rafa's 2011 wimby outfit. Something like blue and purple or red accents, not typical Wimbledon colors. I know Roger is always the traditionalist, but I think he needs to break free of that.

Babolast 08-26-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by フェデラー (Post 6836450)
It would be nice if Roger switches up colors for Wimby. I loved Rafa's 2011 wimby outfit. Something like blue and purple or red accents, not typical Wimbledon colors. I know Roger is always the traditionalist, but I think he needs to break free of that.

He sneers to break free of blue and red. Hopefully he will for SU13.

frunk 08-26-2012 08:10 PM

I want a season full of federer in red, navy, and white like normal. rafa could wear a doo rag and sleevelesses for all I care

DeFrank 08-26-2012 09:40 PM

What if Nadal came back... with the capris and sleeveless shirt. Like only for the French Open, and unexpectedly. Would be so cool.

Babolast 08-26-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeFrank (Post 6836670)
What if Nadal came back... with the capris and sleeveless shirt. Like only for the French Open, and unexpectedly. Would be so cool.

That would be awesome.

I hope Nike will make a retro Nadal line in the future.

sky 08-26-2012 09:59 PM

At first, Babolast, thank you for you providing the catalogue once it is out. :)

I also find the idea of a Jade shirt very interesting, but I guess Fed will wear a polo to FO instead of a Crew. The idea of including silver in an outfit is also very good, if it is silver, I hope that there might be small silver stripes at the collar and at the sleeves.

Other than that, I guess I am going to wait for the surprise.

Babolast 08-26-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky (Post 6836704)
At first, Babolast, thank you for you providing the catalogue once it is out. :)

I also find the idea of a Jade shirt very interesting, but I guess Fed will wear a polo to FO instead of a Crew. The idea of including silver in an outfit is also very good, if it is silver, I hope that there might be small silver stripes at the collar and at the sleeves.

Other than that, I guess I am going to wait for the surprise.

sky go ahead and post your predictions. I love reading what other people have to offer.

hatomatoma 08-27-2012 12:19 AM

Federer:
CLAY - white crew with black shorts or red with dark grey shorts
FRENCH OPEN - blue polo and white shorts :evil: i hope green polo or red
Nadal:

I don't care

Del Potro:
I don't care :D

----

thanks a lot Babolast :) KING of the forum ;)

Odonnell 08-27-2012 01:39 AM

Black short would be nice... It's been a long time without any black one in RF collection. Always anthracite as the darkest color.

Actually, Babolast, I can't manage to see in the winter 12 colletion if his short is black or once again anthracite for the Masters..?

Babolast 08-27-2012 01:54 AM

I just don't think it would be possible to put Federer in blue or red for another season. I hope he wears green. It shocks me he still has yet to wear any shade of green since his dominance began in 2003.

T-Rex 08-27-2012 02:22 AM

Woud like to see some green on Fed as well, especially slightly dark green but not as dark as the sail green. For RG, blue and white maybe, haven't seen him in that color scheme during RG before.
Nadal:, don't really care, purple and white maybe for the clay season maybe, and head to toe anthracite for RG.