Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I guarantee free food and shelter in beautiful Copenhagen (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=437547)

peoplespeace 08-27-2012 08:18 AM

I guarantee free food and shelter in beautiful Copenhagen

to anybody who plays better than me and who is interested in playing 2-3 hrs a day in my club! This offer is only valid for september 2012! :shock:

PS My level is 5.0.

PPS If u dont play better than me, u leave my city and never return! :twisted:

r2473 08-27-2012 09:23 AM

And free travel? Upfront?

I'm confident I can improve from 4.0 to 5.0 while on the plane. I'll read "Winning Ugly" and "Inner Game of Tennis". And study vectors.

peoplespeace 08-27-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 6837736)
And free travel? Upfront?

I'm confident I can improve from 4.0 to 5.0 while on the plane. I'll read "Winning Ugly" and "Inner Game of Tennis". And study vectors.

Sure, free travel, on the Concord! :)

Im sure u already read those books and i dont think u improve 1.0 each time u read them!

mikeler 08-27-2012 11:02 AM

We almost took a side trip to Copenhagen a few weeks ago while I was in Berlin. Maybe next summer...

peoplespeace 08-27-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 6838051)
We almost took a side trip to Copenhagen a few weeks ago while I was in Berlin. Maybe next summer...

Yeah i think that would have been worth it, also becus travel by train or air between cph and Berlin has become so cheap, like 30-40 euros!

Stay tuned for my offers for next summer! :)

West Coast Ace 08-27-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 6838051)

Did you get a hit or two on the red clay of Berlin? Trip report? (new thread)

Failed 08-31-2012 05:52 AM

So when do you want to play :) I am not claiming to be better than you however...

mikeler 08-31-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Coast Ace (Post 6838745)
Did you get a hit or two on the red clay of Berlin? Trip report? (new thread)

I got to play indoors once on a weird carpet with green sand on top of it. My last day I was able to finally play on red clay. It was soooooooo slow, but I liked it. Check out the pics below:

mikeler 08-31-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoplespeace (Post 6838259)
Yeah i think that would have been worth it, also becus travel by train or air between cph and Berlin has become so cheap, like 30-40 euros!

Stay tuned for my offers for next summer! :)

I shall be here.

West Coast Ace 08-31-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 6851345)
I got to play indoors once on a weird carpet with green sand on top of it. My last day I was able to finally play on red clay. It was soooooooo slow, but I liked it.

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

That red clay court looks beautiful. I'm not a fan of the sanded courts - but that indoor facility does look nice - reminds me of some very early mornings before moving out to LA.

mikeler 08-31-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Coast Ace (Post 6852023)
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

That red clay court looks beautiful. I'm not a fan of the sanded courts - but that indoor facility does look nice - reminds me of some very early mornings before moving out to LA.

It's interesting. After 1 set, the red clay gets REALLY chewed up by the baseline. You do need to brush it after every set whereas Har-Tru is not quite as bad in that regard. Also, Germany is so far north that the middle pic is only about an hour past noon. With the low sun on that 1 side in the summer you cannot see a lob to save your life. It reminds me of Florida in the winter.

MAXXply 09-01-2012 04:05 AM

That's great! I will see you next week. Even if I beat you I won't need to stay with you and eat your normal Danish food - I am visiting my good friend from home, Princess Mary and her husband Crown Prince Frederik. I am very excited to be catching up with my old school friend Mary. She is enjoying being a Royal these days, I hear.

peoplespeace 09-01-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Failed (Post 6850548)
So when do you want to play :) I am not claiming to be better than you however...

Are u in copenhagen? What is ur level?

peoplespeace 09-01-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 6853677)
That's great! I will see you next week. Even if I beat you I won't need to stay with you and eat your normal Danish food - I am visiting my good friend from home, Princess Mary and her husband Crown Prince Frederik. I am very excited to be catching up with my old school friend Mary. She is enjoying being a Royal these days, I hear.

Sounds great! I actually do know that couple ur talking about so ill just check if ur story is true! :shock: Since u also know them maybe we can invite them for lunch at the club!

Failed 09-01-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoplespeace (Post 6853733)
Are u in copenhagen? What is ur level?

I'm in Oulu, Finland :) And I am a low A-class player.

MAXXply 09-01-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoplespeace (Post 6853736)
Sounds great! I actually do know that couple ur talking about so ill just check if ur story is true! :shock: Since u also know them maybe we can invite them for lunch at the club!

Frederik's brother Crown Prince Joachim actually learnt some tennis in Sydney in the mid 80s, under the tutelage of Copenhagen-based Aussie coach Ross Jones, whose wife was Danish I think. Jones had an academy in Sydney at the time.
I will check with Princess Mary if she and Frederik can join us for mixed doubles(?) but I think they are hosting President Assad of Syria or King Abdullah of Jordan and I will have to babysit their children. :(

peoplespeace 09-01-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 6853907)
Frederik's brother Crown Prince Joachim actually learnt some tennis in Sydney in the mid 80s, under the tutelage of Copenhagen-based Aussie coach Ross Jones, whose wife was Danish I think. Jones had an academy in Sydney at the time.
I will check with Princess Mary if she and Frederik can join us for mixed doubles(?) but I think they are hosting President Assad of Syria or King Abdullah of Jordan and I will have to babysit their children. :(

Ok didnt know that Prince (not Crown Prince mind u!) Joachim had tried to go pro in those days, im glad that he had something to fall back on!

Yes they are hosting a "most prominent dictators in the IOC"-dinner for Assad, Abdullah and Mugabe. I think Mugabes children are in their sixties, are those the ones ur babysitting??

peoplespeace 09-01-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Failed (Post 6853777)
I'm in Oulu, Finland :) And I am a low A-class player.

OK lets play on the tundra Centre court on Sunday!

Failed 09-01-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoplespeace (Post 6854050)
OK lets play on the tundra Centre court on Sunday!

I see that you did not take my proposition seriously :/

SoBad 09-01-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoplespeace (Post 6837821)
Sure, free travel, on the Concord! :)

Im sure u already read those books and i dont think u improve 1.0 each time u read them!

I thought the concord only used to go to London and Paris and has already fallen down some years ago. Are they flying again these days? Is it from JFK?