Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   fedthechamp = an evil and deceiving punk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=437575)

slocalsvt 08-27-2012 12:08 PM

fedthechamp = an evil and deceiving punk

fedthechamp out of Fruitland, Idaho

Worst seller experience I have had on this site. After multiple emails and phone calls I was dumb enough to believe this guys lies. He convinced me to do something I would normally never do, which was to except a partial payment before shipping and the remainder of the payment upon arrival. I trusted him enough to do this but I have now learned my lesson.

After the first payment I immediately shipped several items usps parcel post (which is the usps slowest option because I was providing free shipping), I was told it would get there in a week and a half. Unfortunately it took an additional week to arrive. For this in convince, he felt I was no long entitled to the remainder of the payment he promised to pay. This was his idea, I should have said no but I put trust in him... People like this continue my dying faith in people especially online and I recommend to not do business with this guy!

Fearsome Forehand 08-27-2012 12:36 PM

What is his email address?

Did you check him out before you agreed to these bizarre terms? Was payment made by Paypal? How much does he owe you?

Apparently, he is all of 13 or 14. No surprise the deal went badly.

You can tell him that unless he wants you to start calling his parents, his coaches, his high school principal and the local police, he should pay up. Was the mailing address on N Chaney Ave?

What was the ship date and the delivery date? Did you get delivery confirmation from USPS?

pheonix6579 08-27-2012 12:43 PM

humm, no refs, no special treatment. "fedthechamp" pay up. Yes, the shipping was slow, but you received the items, hopefully cheaper than buying new. We all have inconveniences in life, deal with it, you got what you paid for at the end of the day and you half of the bargain was settled. slocalsvt deserves his money and you have no power to alter the contract. Only if slocalsvt decided to give you a discount would that be fair, but this does not seem to be the case.

Fearsome Forehand 08-27-2012 12:47 PM

His email is koopercrow@gmail.com

Fearsome Forehand 08-27-2012 12:51 PM

Call her. Her name is Gwen.

Are you a kid or an adult? Mom will probably make it right if you explain it to her calmly. If not, file a police report for fraud with the local PD and call everyone you can to make his life interesting for awhile.

How much money are you out?

That area code is Oregon BTW.

Fearsome Forehand 08-27-2012 01:14 PM

Dad may live in New Plymouth ID if that helps.

Don't do deals with kids. This was a Paypal deal? Did USPS confirm delivery?

Something tells me Kooper may change his mind. Probably broke since he is 14. Mom and Dad can make it right though.

slocalsvt 08-27-2012 01:17 PM

Ya I learned my lesson, parcel post didn't have tracking... But he has confirmed delivery and that he received the items through texts which I will post.

slocalsvt 08-27-2012 01:22 PM

heres his message when he sent the first paypal lying about his mom... dont know why??

Date:
Aug 1, 2012
Time:
11:11:05 PDT
Completed

Subject:
Gwne Crow has just sent you $44.00 USD with PayPal
Note:
Hey man I would like you to ship out your stuff as soon as you can. My address is above. I used my wifes paypal if your wondering why the name is Gwen. ha
Payment type:
Instant

Fearsome Forehand 08-27-2012 01:26 PM

Daddy's email is the same format as Kooper's "wife." :)

scrow@fmtc.com

Let us know what happens.

slocalsvt 08-27-2012 01:53 PM

Emailed scrow@fmtc.com...

Fearsome Forehand 08-27-2012 01:55 PM

crowslanding@hotmail.com

This is dad's too, I believe.

bcart1991 08-27-2012 01:59 PM

I think this same kid tried to pull a fast one with me, wanting a 2-for-1 trade. He wanted me to ship him one racquet, find and buy another, then ship it to him before he would ship out the frame I wanted from him.

Ridiculous.

slocalsvt 08-27-2012 02:16 PM

GS 08-27-2012 02:39 PM

Again I say---Fearsome for President, for his quick detective work!
Forget The Catcher's Mitt Romney and his Pee-Wee Herman lookalike running mate! Fearsome gets things done, pronto!

Fearsome Forehand 08-27-2012 02:53 PM

Hopefully, the parents will step in and do the right thing because I don't think this kid will pay otherwise.

A few things stand out. The OP made a bad deal. He did a deal with a kid, the kid had no references, he took a split PP payment ( a great big no no) and he shipped without delivery conf. That is four big mistakes in one little deal.

That said, he still deserves to be paid as agreed. Parcel Post can be very slow and the fact the racket(s) arrived later than the kid expected is moot.

NEVER NEVER NEVER accept split payments on PP. It queers the seller protection as does shipping without del conf.. And frankly, volunteering to do a deal with a kid is just a very bad idea.

slocalsvt 08-27-2012 04:28 PM

Agreed, Im not new to the buying selling game, I deal with ****, craigslist, and forums all the time and commit those "mistakes" when I feel I can trust the buyer and things worked out well enough. But I have been burned on hundreds of deals too, I guess at the end of the day I still believe that people will do the right thing and hope they will do what they say. Everyone has there own view on life but it is still astonishing how many people are ok with themselves after screwing other people.

Blaxican10s 08-27-2012 09:04 PM

Call his parents and deal with them.

Fearsome Forehand 08-28-2012 07:45 AM

Edit: Posted in response to a since deleted, well intentioned, but ill advised call the harass the alleged scammer.

Vigilantism by a 12 year old kid is what got the johnnyfive thread deleted.

Let the OP handle the matter from here. He has the parents numbers and emails.

slocalsvt 08-28-2012 09:18 AM

So far the parents haven't responded to anything, the fmtc ones are definitely theirs and I had those to begin with. I don't think any of the other ones suggested here are related to him...

Fearsome Forehand 08-28-2012 10:24 AM

The crowslanding one is the father's. It was tied to his phone number on the Fruitland high school booster site.

Call them. Email is easy to ignore, calls not so much. Unless they are completely useless parents, they should compensate you
for the actions of their brat.