Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pro Stock Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=437762)

Roger Wawrinka 08-28-2012 04:25 PM

Pro Stock Racquets

Hey guys, I'm just a little unclear about what the pro stock racquets are all about. I know that they are made for pros obviously, but what is so different about them and how does one get a hold of a them. Would Anyone be so kind as to tell me about them?

Thanks, Roger Wawrinka:)

JoelDali 08-28-2012 04:30 PM

The real pro stock have pure Cortex and Micro Gel injections whereas the consumer sticks have ordinary graphite.

movdqa 08-28-2012 07:12 PM

Some are just the same as the retail models but they are made lighter so that more customization is possible. Others are discontinued retail models. They typically come as a long hairpin so different lengths are possible from retail. They can also have different drill patterns (so different string patterns) compared to retail.

You can learn a lot more and buy them at the string forums.

Roger Wawrinka 08-29-2012 08:23 AM

Okay, Thanks for posting guys. But one last question....how do you get one?

Thanks, Roger Wawrinka:confused:

jorel 08-29-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 6843944)
Okay, Thanks for posting guys. But one last question....how do you get one?

Thanks, Roger Wawrinka:confused:

just ask your brother Stan for one ;)

movdqa 08-29-2012 08:28 AM

Go to Google, type string forums, go to the for sale section.

I'm not going to post a direct link as I'm not sure that TW would like that. There are lots of references to string forums here that aren't taken down so it appears that an indirect reference is okay.

BTW, are you in the US?

Fearsome Forehand 08-30-2012 08:27 AM

A true Pro Stock racket is different from the consumer version. It is either made specifically by the manufacturer for a pro player(s) and/or has been customized specifically for a pro player. It might have a custom layup, have a custom string pattern, custom flex, weight and balance, custom grip pallets, etc. They might be paint jobs having the graphics of a current model over an earlier racket that is no longer in production or over a limited production pro mold racket not available to the general public.

I have noticed the term Pro Stock is being abused on the auction site. Some sellers are saying any consumer racket that is supposedly used by player x is Pro Stock. Sort of a joke. I have seen legitimate Pro Stock rackets on the auction site though. As well, they show up here and on similar sites. People acquire them from a pro or their agent or their customizer.

Just be very careful who you buy from because an unscrupulous seller will call an ordinary consumer racket Pro Stock in order to jack the price way up.

movdqa 08-30-2012 08:39 AM

The string forums are a decent place to buy from though there are scammers there too. There are many knowledgeable people there and putting something up that doesn't smell right will usually result in questions asking for more information. There are a few volume sellers with impeccable reputations there too and it's pretty easy to figure out who they are.

Retail racquets used by Pros are more likely to be customized racquets.

Roger Wawrinka 10-07-2012 01:08 PM

Okay, Thanks Joel Dali, Movdqa, and Fearsome Forehand.

Jorel, hahahaha that's a good one:)