Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   string pattern for yonex vcore tour 89 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439044)

markiev37 09-07-2012 02:13 AM

string pattern for yonex vcore tour 89

can't find the info on yonex or klippermate website....racquet came strung 2 piece and looks lime mains were started at head not throat....crosses were started at throat and tied off on head.....not sure if this is correct...any help???

Irvin 09-07-2012 03:24 AM

Why do you think it was strung bottom to top? Some people have a weird swing that can bend the crosses upward.

oldtimer 09-07-2012 04:16 AM

Mains start at Head
Skip 8T and 8H
Tie mains 6H
Start 1st Cross 8H
Tie Crosses 7H and 7T

Hope this helps

Irvin 09-07-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtimer (Post 6874272)
Mains start at Head
Skip 8T and 8H
Tie mains 6H
Start 1st Cross 8H
Tie Crosses 7H and 7T

Hope this helps

I would not string the racket that way (this implies two piece since there are two knots for the crosses.) I would string it two piece but I would tie the mains at 7H not the crosses. This puts the tie off for the mains closer to the clamp and reduces drawback.

Then again some (maybe many) would string this racket one piece especially because the mains end at the head. You could run the top cross with the short side and tie off at 7H and tie the bottom cross at 7T.

jim e 09-07-2012 06:20 AM

Yonex V Core Tour 89

tension 50-65
pattern 1620
Start M's H
M Skips 8T & 8H
Len. 1pc 38'
Short Side 10'
Len. 2pc 20'x18'
Tie Off M's 6H
Start 1pc X 8H
Last 1pc X 8T
Tie 1pc X 7T
Start 2pc X 8H
Last 2pc X 8T
Tie 2pc X 7H,7T
Notes String X's 5% lower than M's for maximum performance

oldtimer 09-07-2012 06:27 AM

Jim,
The V core tour 89 is in the On Line digest.

Irv,
You can string the racquet any way you wish (if it's your frame) but I was giving him the Yonex and USRSA instructions for 2 piece. This racquet can be strung 1 or 2 piece.

Irvin 09-07-2012 06:58 AM

Old timer,

That's what I meant to say, it can be strung 1 or 2 piece. Also I think the USRSA has messed up on the tie offs for the crosses especially if you use a starting knot.

markiev37 09-07-2012 09:23 AM

I do a two piece. so start mains at head and tie off on 6 head. unsure that starting crosses at 8 head will work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim e (Post 6874489)
Yonex V Core Tour 89

tension 50-65
pattern 1620
Start M's H
M Skips 8T & 8H
Len. 1pc 38'
Short Side 10'
Len. 2pc 20'x18'
Tie Off M's 6H
Start 1pc X 8H
Last 1pc X 8T
Tie 1pc X 7T
Start 2pc X 8H
Last 2pc X 8T
Tie 2pc X 7H,7T
Notes String X's 5% lower than M's for maximum performance

Irvin 09-07-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiev37 (Post 6874930)
I do a two piece. so start mains at head and tie off on 6 head. unsure that starting crosses at 8 head will work.

Sounds like you and JimE are saying identically the same thing. The top cross is in 8H not the tie off.

markiev37 09-07-2012 10:37 AM

thanks, this helps.......still curious about where to start knot for crosses...mine was statred at throat by tennis express

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtimer (Post 6874272)
Mains start at Head
Skip 8T and 8H
Tie mains 6H
Start 1st Cross 8H
Tie Crosses 7H and 7T

Hope this helps

oldtimer 09-07-2012 11:57 AM

Markiev,
I'm curious why you think it was started at the throat?
Starting your cross at head your first cross is 8H and your tie off is at 7H -or-like Irvin suggested you can tie mains at 7H which would allow you to use your start knot at 6H.
I prefer using a starting clamp instead of a starting knot especially on this type of racquet.

jim e 09-07-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiev37 (Post 6875160)
thanks, this helps.......still curious about where to start knot for crosses...mine was statred at throat by tennis express

It is all listed on the pattern I listed.
It is from the USRSA Digest.
For 2 piece you can tie starting knot at 7H as listed and start cross strings at 8H as listed. Weave to bottom and last cross is at 8T , then tie off at 7T.

Last thing you want to do is string a Yonex cross strings starting at the throat!If you look at the pattern it has both 1 pc. and 2 pc. starting at the head and string down to throat.
Because of the shape of the head of the Yonex, it is specified to string both 1 pc. and 2 pc, top down, and I would seriously do that, unless you want to try and crack your frame.

Don't forget:String X's 5% lower than M's for maximum performance.

BTW, how do you know that the cross strings on your racquet were started at the throat, as with a 2 pc. there would be a knot at head and throat.Just curious as to how you know that yours was done the way you say?

markiev37 09-08-2012 02:55 AM

Thanks for the info, it's makes sense now. I'm new to Yonex and wanted to be sure before i started stringing. This racquet came strung as a 2 piece and mains are tied off at 6H. The two cross string knots are at 11H and 7T. with the knots here it seems unlikely the crosses were started at head of racquet, hence my confusion. Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim e (Post 6875907)
It is all listed on the pattern I listed.
It is from the USRSA Digest.
For 2 piece you can tie starting knot at 7H as listed and start cross strings at 8H as listed. Weave to bottom and last cross is at 8T , then tie off at 7T.

Last thing you want to do is string a Yonex cross strings starting at the throat!If you look at the pattern it has both 1 pc. and 2 pc. starting at the head and string down to throat.
Because of the shape of the head of the Yonex, it is specified to string both 1 pc. and 2 pc, top down, and I would seriously do that, unless you want to try and crack your frame.

Don't forget:String X's 5% lower than M's for maximum performance.

BTW, how do you know that the cross strings on your racquet were started at the throat, as with a 2 pc. there would be a knot at head and throat.Just curious as to how you know that yours was done the way you say?

markiev37 09-08-2012 03:12 AM

Thanks for the replies everybody.:) I'll string her up today based all the info which you guys gave....makes complete sense now....btw I do a starting knot for crosses as thats the only way I learned.....Thanks again

Irvin 09-08-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiev37 (Post 6876966)
Thanks for the info, it's makes sense now. I'm new to Yonex and wanted to be sure before i started stringing. This racquet came strung as a 2 piece and mains are tied off at 6H. The two cross string knots are at 11H and 7T. with the knots here it seems unlikely the crosses were started at head of racquet, hence my confusion. Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.

Using a starting clamp it is very easy to tie off the top cross on 11H.

Irvin 09-08-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiev37 (Post 6876983)
Thanks for the replies everybody.:) I'll string her up today based all the info which you guys gave....makes complete sense now....btw I do a starting knot for crosses as thats the only way I learned.....Thanks again

If you use a starting knot I would tie the mains at 7H and the top cross on 6H. That way when you pull tension on the top cross you have more frame to support your pull, and you will have less distance on the outside of the frame for your mains. The longer that distance when tying off the mains the more drawback you are going to have.

oldtimer 09-08-2012 04:36 AM

markiev,
Are you sure about the 11H cross tie off? I have a Yonex spec sheet that shows 6H and 11T as a cross tie offs. Would you double check and respond. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the 97 and the 89. Thanks.

Irvin 09-08-2012 12:33 PM

I would guess he is right the stringer just tied off on the third cross.

jim e 09-08-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markiev37 (Post 6876966)

If a starting clamp was used to start the cross strings , then after a few cross strings were in place, the cross could have been tied off where you stated and was still strung top down starting at the head.So very likely it was strung top down.
I would just string this as indicated by the pattern, and should be no big deal.

markiev37 09-09-2012 12:53 AM

I like this idea......going to try stringing today........

[

QUOTE=Irvin;6877010]If you use a starting knot I would tie the mains at 7H and the top cross on 6H. That way when you pull tension on the top cross you have more frame to support your pull, and you will have less distance on the outside of the frame for your mains. The longer that distance when tying off the mains the more drawback you are going to have.[/quote]