Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   fairly meaningless rankings.... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439108)

mikej 09-07-2012 02:10 PM

fairly meaningless rankings....
 
but still,

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...s_Rankings.htm

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...an_Ranking.htm

go duke!

SoCal10s 09-07-2012 02:19 PM

UCLA's Dennis Novikov is #54 .. doing good at the USO dosen't mean much.. he could/should be playing #1 for UCLA ..

Clemson_tennis 09-07-2012 02:30 PM

Wasn't Wake's David Hopkins a senior last year?

What the hell is Esben Hess-Olesen doing in there?

TopDawg 09-07-2012 08:10 PM

The way they get these rankings is by taking last year's final singles rankings and back out the seniors and those that are currently either not on a current roster or injured. So if you were #10 last year and the nine ahead of you are gone you are the new #1 to start.

ClarkC 09-07-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 6875689)
Wasn't Wake's David Hopkins a senior last year?

What the hell is Esben Hess-Olesen doing in there?

Hopkins took a medical redshirt year in 2009-2010, which would have been his second year.

Hess-Olesen is #107, based on final ranking points from last year and lots of people departing.

floridatennisdude 09-08-2012 04:14 AM

Didn't see Frank and Rola at the top and I started googling. Finally scrolled to the bottom. What data was insufficient on those two? That they were too good?

ClarkC 09-08-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridatennisdude (Post 6876992)
Didn't see Frank and Rola at the top and I started googling. Finally scrolled to the bottom. What data was insufficient on those two? That they were too good?

They are not going to play in the fall. Rola will be playing Futures, and Frank is injured. Remember when Steve Johnson was unranked a year ago for the same reason as Rola?

jaggy 09-08-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal10s (Post 6875628)
UCLA's Dennis Novikov is #54 .. doing good at the USO dosen't mean much.. he could/should be playing #1 for UCLA ..

Meanwhile Indianas Josh Mactaggart is #39. I bet MacTaggart does not make the cut for the NCAAs.

floridatennisdude 09-10-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkC (Post 6877747)
They are not going to play in the fall. Rola will be playing Futures, and Frank is injured. Remember when Steve Johnson was unranked a year ago for the same reason as Rola?

Agh, that's right. Another reason a rolling 12 month system is better than a school year system.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse