Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Question for TW's Jason re: BB London (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439120)

BDAZ 09-07-2012 02:10 PM

Question for TW's Jason re: BB London

Just wondering what your setup is for the BB London? String, tension, lead, etc. Thanks!

BDAZ 09-10-2012 09:14 AM

Jason, any help here? Thanks!

TW Staff 09-10-2012 09:46 AM

Sorry for the delayed reply. I actually don't use the London anymore. I switched over to the Boris Becker Delta Core NYC. From London to New York! My NYC is heavily tail weighted with a few strips at 10 and 2 o'clock. It is now at 11.9 ounces, 316 swingweight and 7 point head light balance.

I usually have it strung with a full polyester setup at 52 pounds.

Jason, TW

coolblue123 09-10-2012 11:09 AM

J, did u kept that setup where almost the entire handle is wrapped in lead? (like i mention, i know where to hide if Superman is looking for me.)

I just got my backup NYC and thinking about most of the lead on the handle, and alittle at 12. I want to make the racquet alittle more whipper (although it's plenty whippy already)

TW Staff 09-21-2012 03:16 PM

Yea, my setup is still a handle full of lead. Really liking it!

Let me know how you like.

Jason, TW

coolblue123 09-27-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6912695)
Yea, my setup is still a handle full of lead. Really liking it!

Let me know how you like.

Jason, TW

Okay J, I have just completed the setup last night. All lead in the handle and to increase plow, I put some at 10/2/6. Totaling 12.7oz. It swings pretty fast still through the air. I'd like to see how it volleys, as it's super headlight now. Can't wait to hit with it.

Heavy flat hitters, Hard Servers, and Attack Helicopters, here I come!

coolblue123 09-29-2012 12:41 PM

Just came back from a light hitting session.

Here's what I thought.
I wanted to firm up the hoop of the NYC and I thought the NYC is already a very stable frame stock (Just needed weight to tweak). I wanted to move the sweetspot up more and get more power up top. The only way I can think of is putting some weight on either the 12 or 10/2. I love the 12/6 and counter balance on the handle setup. This setup let me maximize on getting power on the top w/o putting too much weight. This setup is awesome for folks with the modern forehand or does heavy topspin.
But since I have a groundies that hit through the ball with a twist, the lighter setup may not be the best as I need to plow. I had trouble playing against heavy topspin folks as I couldn't get enough drive to dictate the direction of the ball.
Hence, I saw Jason's setup on mostly lead on handle setup.
All in all; the good outweight the bad. The biggest issue was getting use to quite a bit weight on the handle. But this is needed because anytime I put weight above the 3/9 level I have to put at least twice as much weight around the handle in order to compensate to even out. After getting used to the timing, I immediately saw I can generate a heavier ball. What i really like is that with the lighter setup, anything near my shoes was a short recovery shot. However i was able to drive alot better with this heavier setup. Let me put a good vs bad list to shorten it up:
The Good:
Plows alot better. In a way, it plays like a arm friendly PDGT Roddick (haven't played with a PDGT 2012 yet). This racquet swings more freely too.
Topspin is better too. That additional 10/2 lead generated some crazy spin.
Volleys: Love to volley in the NYC. Loving it even more now with more weight in the handle, I lost some touch and feel, but putting in a approach shot and close out volleys are alot more stable.

The Bad:
Slice: I thought the lighter setup was better in. I think my timing is still off in this area. Block shots are good.
Feel and Touch: went down quite a bit. Maybe i just need to get into it more.

Still need to serve with it then i will decide whether to convert my other NYC as well. But, like J, I am really happy with my NYC as well.

J: What setup did u do on the hoop?

zapvor 09-29-2012 05:54 PM

cb-when we hitting

coolblue123 10-01-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 6926868)
cb-when we hitting

we can shoot for Friday am for some light hitting. My ankle will thank you.

zapvor 10-02-2012 02:23 PM

friday am i have to work:(