Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Like it or not Serena Williams is the Greatest (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439124)

mistik 09-07-2012 03:29 PM

Like it or not Serena Williams is the Greatest

I never seen this kind of dominance not even from Steffi and Martina.I feel sorry for the other girls.If Serena plays her game no one but no one can beat her.They know it as well.She cant lose if she doesnt have serious issues.I love Graf more than her.I dont even love Serena.I think in a way her dominance made other players look bad and hurts WTA,but she is indeed the greatest player ever.

beast of mallorca 09-07-2012 03:32 PM

She can beat Roger and Rafa at the same time, we know :twisted:

tudwell 09-07-2012 03:36 PM

She's a little short on slam titles and weeks at number one.

mistik 09-07-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tudwell (Post 6876015)

These are just statics.Game wise she is miles ahead.İf you take numbers all that seriously Margret Court still the best ever.:confused:

TMF 09-07-2012 03:41 PM

Serena just beat a 5'4" player with a serve at 60mph, no power, reach disadvantage. I'm sure many players can beat Errani.

The-Champ 09-07-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistik (Post 6875991)
I never seen this kind of dominance not even from Steffi and Martina.I feel sorry for the other girls.If Serena plays her game no one but no one can beat her.They know it as well.She cant lose if she doesnt have serious issues.I love Graf more than her.I dont even love Serena.I think in a way her dominance made other players look bad and hurts WTA,but she is indeed the greatest player ever.

I agree. Queen Serena is the greatest woman to play the game. She doesn't move as well as during her prime, but her serve has improved tremendously. She is serving smartly, hitting corners with speed and consistency.

TMF 09-07-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tudwell (Post 6876015)

Well, that's how it is in this forum when a player gets hot. Before, some Nole fans claimed Nole is the greatest. LOL

DRII 09-07-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistik (Post 6876018)
These are just statics.Game wise she is miles ahead.İf you take numbers all that seriously Margret Court still the best ever.:confused:

Peak Venus is better than peak Serena: faster, more athletic, more explosive, better at net, etc...

TMF 09-07-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRII (Post 6876030)
Peak Venus is better than peak Serena: faster, more athletic, more explosive, better at net, etc...

Maybe on grass, but everywhere it's Serena.

mistik 09-07-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRII (Post 6876030)

Venus isnt the same league of Serena game wise and she wasnt even in her peak.İn her her younger days you can argue she was more athletic player,but that doesnt make you better.Venus service action isnt all that great(she can serve bombs but still unreliable most of the time)Venus forehand another unreliable shot,it is in and out.Venus has a game that can only be good when you are so young,she doesnt have game that can bring you GS glory in your older days.

Warriorroger 09-07-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6876023)
Serena just beat a 5'4" player with a serve at 60mph, no power, reach disadvantage. I'm sure many players can beat Errani.

My thoughts exactly, what kind of field is she dominating??

mistik 09-07-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warriorroger (Post 6876086)

This can also said about others greats as well.What kind field Graf dominated after Seles stabbing ? What kind of field Martina dominated ? Chris Everett with all the respect was her biggest rival and she was a very limited player outside of clay.

Soianka 09-07-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

She has beaten Sharapova and Azerenka with the same level of dominance this year a couple of times each.

Soianka 09-07-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warriorroger (Post 6876086)

A much deeper field than Graf, Evert or Navratilova ever faced.

The women from 1 to 100 are all true athletes with a lot of talent.

It's harder than it ever has been to be a tennis pro.

Graf often didn't have a real match until the quarterfinals of a slam.

tudwell 09-07-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistik (Post 6876018)

If she's "miles ahead," how come she's still not number one playing against a bunch of one-dimensional choke artists?

mistik 09-07-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tudwell (Post 6876111)
If she's "miles ahead," how come she's still not number one playing against a bunch of one-dimensional choke artists?

She doesnt because she doesnt care outside of slams.( which is a bad thing ı have to say,no respect for the game)

pug 09-07-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Agreed. Womens tennis needs weight classes. Errani at 115 and williams at 200 just isn't fair.

tennisaddict 09-07-2012 04:35 PM

As much as my respect for Serena has grown over the years, it is not fair to compare her to Graf. A 40+ year old Graf was playing Kim Clijsters and Petkovic beautifully.

Check out youtube.

waarp 09-07-2012 04:37 PM

Let's face it, any woman whose thighs are big enough to crush cinderblocks belongs in the men's draw.

DRII 09-07-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistik (Post 6876047)
Venus isnt the same league of Serena game wise and she wasnt even in her peak.İn her her younger days you can argue she was more athletic player,but that doesnt make you better.Venus service action isnt all that great(she can serve bombs but still unreliable most of the time)Venus forehand another unreliable shot,it is in and out.Venus has a game that can only be good when you are so young,she doesnt have game that can bring you GS glory in your older days.

Psyche! Your post illustrates perfectly how quickly people forget!

Yea, its just age a certain auto immune disease has nothing to do with Venus' drastic decline :confused: