Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sore feet, need a good rec! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439223)

themitchmann 09-08-2012 02:06 PM

Sore feet, need a good rec!

Hi guys. I'm a teaching pro and just wrapped up my busiest season to date. I'm sponsored by Prince, and really like my Rebel 2s, but the balls of my feet are killing me from all of the footwork/impact of the summer. I'm still teaching, but need a show with more cushion in the forefoot (I've been wearing a pair of OV-1s that I had lying around, but I'm worn them out already). The Rebel is a great shoe, but not built for cushioning.

I recently tried the T24, but they don't hit my feet right.

Any suggestions for a really comfortable pair of sneaks?

Thanks in advance.

Ramon 09-08-2012 02:43 PM

I'll go with the obvious one. What about the T22?

I personally didn't like the fit of the T24. If you like the fit of the Rebel, the T22 is closer to it.

themitchmann 09-08-2012 03:14 PM

The T22 is not out of the question, but the fit is weird on me...feels a little small compared to the Rebels.

Any other shoes? Doesn't need to be Prince. I'll try anything that will help my feet.

Torres 09-08-2012 03:17 PM

Babolat SFX?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=434008

I tried them on the other day, and they were pretty comfortable and very 'cushiony'.

Ramon 09-08-2012 05:01 PM

New Balance makes some cushiony shoes. I wore the NB 804 in the past. It was very stable and cushiony as well. It seems to have a following here among older recreational players, probably because of the roominess and comfort. The problem for me is my narrow feet. The B-width 804 is actually more roomy than the Prince T22 or the Rebel. I wouldn't even be able to fit into the D, much less the 2E and 4E.

WhiteStripes 09-08-2012 10:44 PM

If all you need is cushioning to help with long days on the court while teaching, have you thought about just replacing the stock insoles (which are always terrible) with a cushioned replacement insole? They make a huge difference (although thicker cushioned insoles do make the shoe feel a bit tighter). Would also be much cheaper than buyer a new pair of shoes.

Otherwise, I love the Asics Gel Res line for a wonderful blend of comfort, performance, and durability in a very manageable weight that doesn't feel as clunky as tank-like shoes like the Barricades and Courtballistecs. If you're looking at Prince, then definitely the T22 is the obvious choice in terms of comfort/cushioning.

themitchmann 09-09-2012 02:36 AM

Thanks again guys for all of the insight.

I actually have replaced the insoles. I use some custom new balance insoles that are designed to help with the pain in the ball of the foot.

The Prince OV-1 shoe really helped with the pain. I think it's due to a more cushiony midsole. That's really what I'm trying to find in another pair of shoes. If I could still get a pair of OV-1s I wouldn't be in this predicament.

I'll look into your suggestions. Any others?

mikeler 09-09-2012 03:11 AM

Try the Thorlo thick socks. Lots of cushion but they do make your feet sweat more.

themitchmann 09-09-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 6880984)
Try the Thorlo thick socks. Lots of cushion but they do make your feet sweat more.

I used to use them, but couldn't this summer...too hot. maybe I'll switch back for fall.

the cat petter 09-09-2012 10:05 AM

How did you get sponsored by Prince?

themitchmann 09-09-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the cat petter (Post 6882191)
How did you get sponsored by Prince?

I'm a certified teaching pro. I know a Prince dealer in the area, who is also a sponsored pro, and he put me in touch with the sales rep for our area.

themitchmann 09-10-2012 05:43 PM

Any other suggestions?

Tyler91 09-10-2012 05:46 PM

I've been very happy with the Nike Vapor 9 and Asics Gel Resolution 4. I have 45 y/o feet that need comfy shoes. The 2k12 is not as cushioned, IMO.

rich s 09-11-2012 09:40 AM

I have to agree with Asics for cushioning... very comfortable shoe, just not wide enough for my foot..... T-22's are wide enough for me but not nearly as cushioned as Asics

Eightmarky 09-11-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich s (Post 6892155)
I have to agree with Asics for cushioning... very comfortable shoe, just not wide enough for my foot..... T-22's are wide enough for me but not nearly as cushioned as Asics

I'm also on the Asics bandwagon. I played one season with CB 2.3's and had sore feet after every match. Next season I played with Asics and had no soreness issues at all. They are particularly nice for those who like more room in the forefoot.

ArliHawk 09-11-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eightmarky (Post 6892290)
I'm also on the Asics bandwagon. I played one season with CB 2.3's and had sore feet after every match. Next season I played with Asics and had no soreness issues at all. They are particularly nice for those who like more room in the forefoot.

Adidas Feather 2's are great shoes and very comfortable for a speed oriented shoe.

Dreamcastin 09-11-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torres (Post 6879921)
Babolat SFX?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=434008

I tried them on the other day, and they were pretty comfortable and very 'cushiony'.

also just tried these on, felt like wrapping my foot in pillows.

themitchmann 09-13-2012 04:11 PM

Got a chance to buy some Babolat SFX for cheap, so I bought some. Felt great when I tried them on.

anhuynh16 09-13-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themitchmann (Post 6898219)
Got a chance to buy some Babolat SFX for cheap, so I bought some. Felt great when I tried them on.

get some orthotics or insoles too!