Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Which of the Babolat Polys would you recommend? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439255)

winstonplum 09-08-2012 07:51 PM

Which of the Babolat Polys would you recommend?

So after a couple months of demoing and about fifty dollars to TW, I've decided that I'm going to buy a Pure Storm Ltd. I knew I wanted a 95 sq in. head with a tight string pattern, but I had to work my way through several racquets. The store here in Los Angeles that I'm buying it from (I was given a 200.00 gift certificate as a b-day present) offers a promotion where if you buy a Bab, you get one of the Bab strings for free at no cost for the stringing. For the last year and a half I've been loving my Kirschbaum Pro Line II, but, hey, free string is free string.

So out of the Pro Hurricane, PHT, RPM, and Revenge, which do you recommend? The Pro Line II is my favorite because it's soft, holds tension well, and is durable. Do any of the Bab strings fit that profile? I have no trouble generating pace or spin, so that isn't really any issue. I use 17 g. PR II.

Andyroo10567 09-08-2012 08:31 PM

I would recommend Pro Hurricane or Revenge. 18g is my preference. Better feel and i love the pop on the ball with 18g Revenge. Pro hurricane for me lasts a lot longer than Revenge does. To sum it up, i would just narrow it down to Pro Hurricane and Revenge IMO.

The Meat 09-08-2012 09:41 PM

Pro hurricane feel 16 or Rpm blast are my favorite polys from babolat.

grolson1993 09-08-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonplum (Post 6880560)
So after a couple months of demoing and about fifty dollars to TW, I've decided that I'm going to buy a Pure Storm Ltd. I knew I wanted a 95 sq in. head with a tight string pattern, but I had to work my way through several racquets. The store here in Los Angeles that I'm buying it from (I was given a 200.00 gift certificate as a b-day present) offers a promotion where if you buy a Bab, you get one of the Bab strings for free at no cost for the stringing. For the last year and a half I've been loving my Kirschbaum Pro Line II, but, hey, free string is free string.

So out of the Pro Hurricane, PHT, RPM, and Revenge, which do you recommend? The Pro Line II is my favorite because it's soft, holds tension well, and is durable. Do any of the Bab strings fit that profile? I have no trouble generating pace or spin, so that isn't really any issue. I use 17 g. PR II.

i would say revenge is the most similar to Pro Line II. That said, Rpm is like revenge but with a little more control. i would still recommend Revenge tho, as it holds tension better

WhiteStripes 09-08-2012 10:27 PM

I've played extensively with all of the Babolat poly's, as well as Pro Line II, which was my go to cross in a gut hybrid for several years (which I'm now using RPM as a cross at times). I also played w/ the PSL GT for quite a while as well. Aside from the red color, I don't think Revenge and PL II are that similar. Revenge plays and feels much stiffer. I think RPM would be a bit closer to PL II in terms of feel, although the tension maintenance of RPM isn't that great (although to be fair, none of the Babolat poly's you mention are that great in terms of tension maintenance). There are different versions of Hurricane and they can play a bit different, from relatively soft to pretty stiff.

fortun8son 09-08-2012 10:45 PM

It's a one time shot.
Choose the one you are most interested in trying.
I'm not a fan of any Babolat poly.
RPM Team has gotten some good reviews and PHT is fairly consistent.

TimothyO 09-09-2012 04:53 AM

Have tried RPM and PHT. Much prefer PHT.

joshj2112 09-09-2012 07:14 AM

I also favor the revenge. The pop and feel is amazing.

Nostradamus 09-09-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshj2112 (Post 6881370)
I also favor the revenge. The pop and feel is amazing.

i read many posts in this form that saids revenge is really bad and not worth it

Up&comer 09-09-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 6881818)
i read many posts in this form that saids revenge is really bad and not worth it

I don't know about that, but if anything, the two things it lacks most are power and feel.

Ramon 09-09-2012 09:10 AM

I tried Duralast, Revenge, and RPM Blast (before my arm told me to stay away from poly). My favorite is RPM Blast because it's the softest of the 3 and gives me the best spin and feel. However, it's not cheap, and I think you can get better deals with other brands.

darklore009 09-09-2012 10:06 AM

I like pro hurricane, pro hurricane tour, and revenage. Revenge breaks easily for me.

drakulie 09-09-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonplum (Post 6880560)
So out of the Pro Hurricane, PHT, RPM, and Revenge, which do you recommend? The Pro Line II is my favorite because it's soft, holds tension well, and is durable. Do any of the Bab strings fit that profile?

Hate to break it to you, but proline 2 does not hold tension well. To the contrary, it loses tension incredibly fast, which is why people think it plays soft. That said, the rpm would be closest to proline 2, since it also can't hold tension and dies rather quickly.

Since they are offering a free set of Babolat string, you should convince them to give you VS gut.

winstonplum 09-09-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 6882270)
Hate to break it to you, but proline 2 does not hold tension well. To the contrary, it loses tension incredibly fast, which is why people think it plays soft. That said, the rpm would be closest to proline 2, since it also can't hold tension and dies rather quickly.

Since they are offering a free set of Babolat string, you should convince them to give you VS gut.

That's funny, no, gut isn't one of the options. I'm surprised that so many people like the Revenge. Isn't it the stiffest of the Babolat polys?

Nostradamus 09-09-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

proline 2 does lose tension but it plays well. Proline X holds tension much better and plays similar.

As far as the babolat. go with Pro hurricane feel or pro hurricane tour. RPM just isn't worth it unless you can switch out rackets every 6 game or so like Rafa does. At their price, i can't do that.

Nostradamus 09-09-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Drak, which luxilon string do you think is similar to Proline 2 and not lose tension like it does ?

mrmo1115 09-09-2012 06:04 PM

Pht.........

joshj2112 09-09-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up&comer (Post 6881919)
I don't know about that, but if anything, the two things it lacks most are power and feel.

That is however a matter of opinion. Everyone has there own preference.

tlm 09-09-2012 07:45 PM

RPM team is better than the blast it plays good much longer.