Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Novak DJokovic = worst sportsmanship ever! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439547)

jamesblakefan#1 09-10-2012 06:18 PM

Novak DJokovic = worst sportsmanship ever!

I mean seriously, how bush league was that 'injury TO' right before Murray served for it. He pulled the same thing last year's final when Nadal was gaining momentum. Utter lack of class and showing his true colors when the going gets tough. He has clearly surpassed Nadal when it comes to BS medical timeouts, at least Rafa took his GS final beatings like a man and didn't resort to tactics like that to try to throw off his opponent. No respect for him after today.

Fifth Set 09-10-2012 06:20 PM

I did enjoy that the fans booed him for it. Love 'em or hate 'em (I usually hate 'em), the New Yorkers don't hold back.

MurrayMyInspiration 09-10-2012 06:20 PM

Im no hater but I honestly lost a lot of respect for him when he did that.

Bartelby 09-10-2012 06:20 PM

He was in what appeared genuine pain and playing like it.

Telepatic 09-10-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 6890050)
No respect for him after today.

When did you have any sympathy or respect for Novak anyway? :-?

Just release your needle from Djokovic voodoo doll and take a big breath.

First Americans don't give him day of rest, then they whistle him for having cramps in 5th set, pretty hilarious stuff.

World Beater 09-10-2012 06:21 PM

LOL...did you hear what novak said at the trophy ceremony.

"This is your success too!"

i.e. your boy won!

LMAO.

jaggy 09-10-2012 06:22 PM

On paper this drives me nuts but watching it I think he was injured and accept it

jamesblakefan#1 09-10-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telepatic (Post 6890068)
When did you have any sympathy or respect for Novak anyway? :-?

Just release your needle from Djokovic voodoo doll and take a big breath.

So you're defending that crap he pulled today? And like I said, he did the same thing last year vs Rafa. Face it, your boy is the lowest of low in terms of this. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

TheF1Bob 09-10-2012 06:22 PM

Oh god this guy again....

JadeC 09-10-2012 06:23 PM

He was already cramping when he was serving at 4-2. Looks genuine to me.

Telepatic 09-10-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 6890086)
So you're defending that crap he pulled today? And like I said, he did the same thing last year vs Rafa. Face it, your boy is the lowest of low in terms of this. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

I'm pretty sure Novak took that MTO just to get on his feet and get over with this match.

TheF1Bob 09-10-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 6890086)

Please tell me this is a bad joke? He's the originator of the MTO. :lol:

Nostradamus 09-10-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

I mean seriously, how bush league was that 'injury TO' right before Murray served for it. He pulled the same thing last year's final when Nadal was gaining momentum. Utter lack of class and showing his true colors when the going gets tough. He has clearly surpassed Nadal when it comes to BS medical timeouts, at least Rafa took his GS final beatings like a man and didn't resort to tactics like that to try to throw off his opponent. No respect for him after today.

How do you know he didn't tear a ligament or muscle fiber ? he could be in casts tomorrow or be a cripple

BreakPoint 09-10-2012 06:24 PM

Nole learned well from the master Nadal. :shock:

kaku 09-10-2012 06:25 PM

Was he cramping? Yes. Was it a badly timed MTO? Yes? Did it matter in the end? No

Antonio Puente 09-10-2012 06:26 PM

I honestly don't care. If it works, it's a smart play. Gamesmanship is fine. Anything for the victory.

jamesblakefan#1 09-10-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheF1Bob (Post 6890096)
Please tell me this is a bad joke? He's the originator of the MTO. :lol:

Two wrongs don't make a right. I hated when Nadal did it, hate when Nole pulls it. It's awful and makes tennis look like a sissy sport.

Fedex 09-10-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

It was really disappointing but looked like Djokovic was genuinely struggling.
Murray could hardly walk himself right after the match.

Numenor 09-10-2012 06:26 PM

NY crowd is horrible. It's pretty pathetic to boo a player like that, especially when he could have been injured.

World Beater 09-10-2012 06:27 PM

both nadal and nole are horrible.

i feel nadal is more egregious, and nole has gotten a lot better.

Nadal deliberately stalls the server, illegal coaching.

Nole is more just timewasting these days.

Love it when nole kicks nadal's *** though and celebrates in his face. LOL. Nadal looks so bitter.