Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Djokovic in loss (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439897)

tennisbuck 09-12-2012 05:52 PM

Djokovic in loss

Personally i think he is a lot more likable when he losses a grand slam then when he wins one. I thought he haddled it pretty well, and i am not even a fan of him at all.

veroniquem 09-12-2012 08:48 PM

He's every bit as likable when he wins. He is very exuberant with his emotional celebrations at first (which is fun) but he behaves impeccably in trophy ceremonies and always gives proper credit to his opponent. He's a nice guy all around and knows how to handle defeat and victory with the same positive attitude.

Sentinel 09-12-2012 09:00 PM

True, and yet there's a thread about him not being classy at all in the USO final :rolleyes:

veroniquem 09-12-2012 09:12 PM

There's always silly threads to flame. Bitter people with too much time on their hands. Personally, one thing I like about Djoko is that when thing are a complete mess or go terribly wrong for him, he smiles. I don't know if it helps him relax to do that but it's a nice change from the usual grumpiness and it puts me in a good mood too.

tennisbuck 09-12-2012 09:21 PM

Yeah i agree with what you guys are saying. I guess i pretty much like him in winning too, but i thought his Australian Open celebration was a little to much. I found it kinda dissrespectful to Nadal.

Clarky21 09-12-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 6896312)
He's every bit as likable when he wins. He is very exuberant with his emotional celebrations at first (which is fun) but he behaves impeccably in trophy ceremonies and always gives proper credit to his opponent. He's a nice guy all around and knows how to handle defeat and victory with the same positive attitude.

No he is not. He is a buffoon,and acts like a rogue gorilla. Hardly anything "likable" about that.

veroniquem 09-12-2012 09:30 PM

He's an entertainer and he's emotional. He's a bit over the top at times but I find it endearing. He has spunk and personality. Not like other top players who put me to sleep after 5 minutes...

veroniquem 09-12-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisbuck (Post 6896370)
Yeah i agree with what you guys are saying. I guess i pretty much like him in winning too, but i thought his Australian Open celebration was a little to much. I found it kinda dissrespectful to Nadal.

Why disrespectful? It was a 6 hour match for goodness sake. He was probably half delirious at the end lol. Rafa is very emotional too and he would have acted every bit as effusive if he had won the match. I think both players were impeccable during their speeches although poor Rafa was bitterly disappointed of course.

Clarky21 09-12-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 6896403)
Why disrespectful? It was a 6 hour match for goodness sake. He was probably half delirious at the end lol. Rafa is very emotional too and he would have acted every bit as effusive if he had won the match. I think both players were impeccable during their speeches although poor Rafa was bitterly disappointed of course.

What if Fed had behaved like that after beating Nadal in slam final that lasted over 6 hours? Would you still be just fine and dandy with that type of Silverback behavior then?

tennisMVP 09-12-2012 10:08 PM

Djokovic was a disgrace after winning the 2012 Australian Open in a record 6 hours. You don't behave like that after your opponent just endured 6 hours for zero reward. Probably the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen under the circumstances. I mean, ripping the shirt? This would be questionable even after a routine 4-setter. But after a heart-breaking (for Nadal) 6hr marathon? Disgrace.

Clarky21 09-12-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisMVP (Post 6896465)
Djokovic was a disgrace after winning the 2012 Australian Open in a record 6 hours. You don't behave like that after your opponent just endured 6 hours for zero reward. Probably the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen under the circumstances. I mean, ripping the shirt? This would be questionable even after a routine 4-setter. But after a heart-breaking (for Nadal) 6hr marathon? Disgrace.

Yep,but Vero will defend that Silverback behavior till the apes come home. Too bad she would not be so accepting of that disgraceful crap if Fed had done it. Double standards,ahoy!

SQA333 09-12-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 6896312)

Not true. AT ALL.

Go watch the Federer-Djokovic Dubai 2011 ceremony. Not once does Djokovic mention his beaten opponent.

merwy 09-12-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6896422)
What if Fed had behaved like that after beating Nadal in slam final that lasted over 6 hours? Would you still be just fine and dandy with that type of Silverback behavior then?

Haha, I have trouble imagining Federer rip of his shirt and beating his bare chest like that. Funny image.

Clarky21 09-12-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merwy (Post 6896500)
Haha, I have trouble imagining Federer rip of his shirt and beating his bare chest like that. Funny image.

Yeah,it is kinda funny. Lol. At least we will be spared it though because Fed has far too much class to ever do anything like that.

Feather 09-13-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisbuck (Post 6895949)
Personally i think he is a lot more likable when he losses a grand slam then when he wins one. I thought he haddled it pretty well, and i am not even a fan of him at all.

I like the way he applauds a shot of his opponent and I also like the way he treats losses.

However, after AO 2012 final, it was disgusting to see him doing what he did. Firstly I don't like this ripping the shirt antic at all. Rafa fought for six long hours and he gave everything he had and this is how you treats your opponent..

I never wanted Rafa to win that final. The moment he did all those antics I really regretted rooting for him. I wished Rafa had won it

tennisMVP 09-13-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather (Post 6896777)
I like the way he applauds a shot of his opponent and I also like the way he treats losses.

However, after AO 2012 final, it was disgusting to see him doing what he did. Firstly I don't like this ripping the shirt antic at all. Rafa fought for six long hours and he gave everything he had and this is how you treats your opponent..

I never wanted Rafa to win that final. The moment he did all those antics I really regretted rooting for him. I wished Rafa had won it

Nadal was already the crowd favorite, but I think Nadal won a million new Australian fans when that happened. The support for Nadal at the 2013 AO will be at an all-time high.

veroniquem 09-13-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6896422)

Fed is cold and completely undemonstrative most of the time which is precisely part of why I have no interest in him. I like emotional guys, which is why I enjoy both Nadal and Djoko. You feel something? Express it. AND share it.

Seventeen 09-13-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Overall I agree

veroniquem 09-13-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisMVP (Post 6896465)

What did he do that was so outrageous after the AO match? Do you remember Rafa's reaction after winning the semi of the Olympics in a very difficult match against Djoko in 2008? Maybe you need to have your memory refreshed. I can guarantee you that it was not subdued and nor should it have been. A major victory calls for an explosive reaction sometimes, it calls for joyful release and nothing wrong with that.

Nostradamus 09-13-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Yea he was classy. Murray really deserved to win this and Novak knows that. Murray 's in 1st and 2nd set really set the tone. Those two sets were incredible tennis from murray and he managed to do it again in 5th set.