Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Former Pro Player Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Henin Expecting (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439938)

North 09-13-2012 04:14 AM

Henin Expecting
 
Justine Henin posted on her Facebook page that she is pregnant. She is due in March2013. The dad is Justine's partner Benoit Bertuzzo.

Congrats to Justine!

Jack Romeo 09-13-2012 06:40 AM

so does this mean we'll expect her to make a comeback by 2014? :-D

anyway, congrats to her!

TMF 09-13-2012 08:31 AM

She refer to Benoit as "partner", not "husband", so she's still single. Does that means she's not going to marry him, but keep the baby?

NTRPolice 09-13-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6897186)
She refer to Benoit as "partner", not "husband", so she's still single. Does that means she's not going to marry him, but keep the baby?

Well, after that thing with the fireman maybe she's learned something.

realplayer 09-13-2012 10:36 AM

So you're single if you're not married??

Jack Romeo 09-13-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realplayer (Post 6897489)
So you're single if you're not married??

i think in a legal sense, yes.

Rozroz 09-13-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTRPolice (Post 6897202)
Well, after that thing with the fireman maybe she's learned something.

what happened with the fireman?

CCNM 09-13-2012 03:18 PM

Congratulations Justine. Wouldn't it be cool to see her kid-if it's a girl-take on one of the Federer girls in 20 years? :)

realplayer 09-13-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozroz (Post 6898022)
what happened with the fireman?

Justine took good care of him after the divorce. He is still spending the 6,5 million euro he got from her.

Jack Romeo 09-13-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCNM (Post 6898049)
Congratulations Justine. Wouldn't it be cool to see her kid-if it's a girl-take on one of the Federer girls in 20 years? :)

not as cool as taking on clijster's children (provided they're of the same gender). :-D

with kim planning to have a second child, now that she's retired, she'll probably be conceiving again soon and giving birth sometime in late 2013 or early 2014. if her younger kid and justine's kid both become tennis players, they could continue what they're mothers started.

TMF 09-15-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realplayer (Post 6897489)
So you're single if you're not married??

Yes. When you're married, you obtain a marriage license. There's a oath made by each partner...support, commitment, protection, etc...

Living together is not a stable relationship, because they are still considered single, and easier to break up. This is not a husband/wife partner, but more like a roommate partner.

gavna 09-15-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6901058)
Yes. When you're married, you obtain a marriage license. There's a oath made by each partner...support, commitment, protection, etc...

Living together is not a stable relationship, because they are still considered single, and easier to break up. This is not a husband/wife partner, but more like a roommate partner.

Yes but it's very by common now to have long term "partners" and never get married.....I have cousins in both France and Belgium who have been together with their partners for 15 - 20+ years and have kids...etc. Having that piece of paper means nothing........It's not just "living together".

Great Uncle Bulgaria 09-16-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6901058)
Living together is not a stable relationship, because they are still considered single, and easier to break up. This is not a husband/wife partner, but more like a roommate partner.

What a complete load of crap.

TMF 09-16-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Uncle Bulgaria (Post 6902342)
What a complete load of crap.

Why?

When you're married, partners are more attached/closer because they make a vow to each other, and in front of the family/relatives/good friends. Also, a wedding ceremony done publicly is for the record, so if someone broke their vows, the greatest shame and reproach was brought down upon the guilty party by the entire community. Another reason for partner to break up is if they decide to, they have to go through the complicate steps and requirements to complete the process. The effort, time and money makes couple think twice, so instead of oblige for divorce, couple rather go on rehab to save their marriage.

OTOH, partner living together don't have to deal with all of these complicated issues. If one decide to leave(could be any reason), one can just back their back and say good bye. They don't owe each other anything. Thus they don't feel bad because they never made a vow publicly in front of family/relatives/friends.



I don't think you're married, because it's seem you don't have any experience.

Cesc Fabregas 09-16-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6902793)
Why?

When you're married, partners are more attached/closer because they make a vow to each other, and in front of the family/relatives/good friends. Also, a wedding ceremony done publicly is for the record, so if someone broke their vows, the greatest shame and reproach was brought down upon the guilty party by the entire community. Another reason for partner to break up is if they decide to, they have to go through the complicate steps and requirements to complete the process. The effort, time and money makes couple think twice, so instead of oblige for divorce, couple rather go on rehab to save their marriage.

OTOH, partner living together don't have to deal with all of these complicated issues. If one decide to leave(could be any reason), one can just back their back and say good bye. They don't owe each other anything. Thus they don't feel bad because they never made a vow publicly in front of family/relatives/friends.



I don't think you're married, because it's seem you don't have any experience.

You're stuck in the 50's with that view which is ironic with of your ignorance to previous eras of tennis.

Mustard 09-16-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6901058)
Yes. When you're married, you obtain a marriage license. There's a oath made by each partner...support, commitment, protection, etc...

Living together is not a stable relationship, because they are still considered single, and easier to break up. This is not a husband/wife partner, but more like a roommate partner.

LOL. My uncle has been with his girlfriend since December 1994, they have been living together since 1996 and they had a son in 1997, and her other son (born 1989) from a previous relationship, also lives with them. They still haven't got engaged, let alone married.

This uncle of mine had previously been married for 21 years (1972-1993), with 1 son, and it seems he doesn't want to walk down the aisle again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6902793)
Why?

When you're married, partners are more attached/closer because they make a vow to each other, and in front of the family/relatives/good friends. Also, a wedding ceremony done publicly is for the record, so if someone broke their vows, the greatest shame and reproach was brought down upon the guilty party by the entire community. Another reason for partner to break up is if they decide to, they have to go through the complicate steps and requirements to complete the process. The effort, time and money makes couple think twice, so instead of oblige for divorce, couple rather go on rehab to save their marriage.

OTOH, partner living together don't have to deal with all of these complicated issues. If one decide to leave(could be any reason), one can just back their back and say good bye. They don't owe each other anything. Thus they don't feel bad because they never made a vow publicly in front of family/relatives/friends.

I don't think you're married, because it's seem you don't have any experience.

This is like a satire of the British aristocracy from centuries gone by, where marriage is purely thought of in terms of wealth, rank and influence.

NLBwell 09-17-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustard (Post 6902875)
and her other son (born 1989) from a previous relationship, also lives with them. They still haven't got engaged, let alone married.
.

Doesn't sound very stable.

TMF 09-17-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustard (Post 6902875)
LOL. My uncle has been with his girlfriend since December 1994, they have been living together since 1996 and they had a son in 1997, and her other son (born 1989) from a previous relationship, also lives with them. They still haven't got engaged, let alone married.

This uncle of mine had previously been married for 21 years (1972-1993), with 1 son, and it seems he doesn't want to walk down the aisle again.

Your uncle is just one of a few exception, and that doesn't prove living together is more stable than a married couple. I'm not saying getting marry is a guarantee for couple to be together for life, but it is much more stable relationship. Plus, being single you're a susceptable to having an affair(cheat). Whereas a married couple think twice before they cheat.

hoodjem 09-17-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Uncle Bulgaria (Post 6902342)
What a complete load of crap.

I guess TMF is suggesting that some people need the "piece of paper."

hoodjem 09-17-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6902793)
Why?

When you're married, partners are more attached/closer because they make a vow to each other, and in front of the family/relatives/good friends. Also, a wedding ceremony done publicly is for the record, so if someone broke their vows, the greatest shame and reproach was brought down upon the guilty party by the entire community. Another reason for partner to break up is if they decide to, they have to go through the complicate steps and requirements to complete the process. The effort, time and money makes couple think twice, so instead of oblige for divorce, couple rather go on rehab to save their marriage.

OTOH, partner living together don't have to deal with all of these complicated issues. If one decide to leave(could be any reason), one can just back their back and say good bye. They don't owe each other anything. Thus they don't feel bad because they never made a vow publicly in front of family/relatives/friends.

I don't think you're married, because it's seem you don't have any experience.

And if the bride does not wear a white dress, she is impure, and the marriage will fail.

I had always suspected that TMF lived in a dream-world, but until now it was only suspicion. Now, I have proof that his connection to reality in our 21st century world is very tenuous.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse