Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hands up anyone who's bought TW's Li-Ning gear? (it's ok, don't be embarrassed) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440161)

MAXXply 09-15-2012 05:55 AM

Hands up anyone who's bought TW's Li-Ning gear? (it's ok, don't be embarrassed)

What are your thoughts on the Li-Ning apparel currently available on TW? Beyond the facile "It's made in China so it's obviously crap" argument, do you think the brand has anything to offer for apparel-holics beyond another range of generic-looking synthetic tennis shirts?

Myself, I like the look of the Fall Polo II but $76 for a generically branded hoodie ain't happening. The shoes might be a goer once they're on sale. As a brand-agnostic gearhead I appreciate the additional choice of tennis clobber but can't see Li-Ning displacing even, say, Lotto, Wilson or other lower-tier tennis apparel brands.

Nostradamus 09-15-2012 06:01 AM

yea and this polyester fabric makes my skin itch. what's up with that ? where is the dryfit cotton ? that is the best

hcb0804 09-15-2012 07:36 AM

The prices are fairly low except for that hoodie. Don't see anything that exciting though.

BreakPoint 09-15-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 6900826)
What are your thoughts on the Li-Ning apparel currently available on TW? Beyond the facile "It's made in China so it's obviously crap" argument, do you think the brand has anything to offer for apparel-holics beyond another range of generic-looking synthetic tennis shirts?

Yeah, but aren't almost ALL the brands mostly made in China as well, including the major brands such as Nike, Adidas, Fila, etc.? I'd bet they're all made in the same factories anyway since the brands contract out their manufacturing to third party factories in China (amongst some other SE Asian countries).

MAXXply 09-15-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 6901070)
Yeah, but aren't almost ALL the brands mostly made in China as well, including the major brands such as Nike, Adidas, Fila, etc.? I'd bet they're all made in the same factories anyway since the brands contract out their manufacturing to third party factories in China (amongst some other SE Asian countries).

I fully agree. I made the point to pre-empt the kind of Made in China dissing that is usually mouthed by fanbois of certain brands, Nike in particular. Especially as Li-Ning is literally a Chinese brand.
I have no doubt Li-Ning products are stitched together by the same labour and machines as those that may manufacture Nike, Tacchini or Under Armour etc.

Power Player 09-29-2012 07:02 PM

I am curious about the shoes. Good price, good look, and lightweight. I am looking for something to play like my gel solutions.

Top Jimmy 10-31-2012 08:28 AM

Just bought the last two XL's for this shirt.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Li-N...G-LNMFTVN.html

Wore it last night. Fits me perfect and it seemed to stay dry all match, hard to believe since most shirts get soaked. Not the softest poly shirt but didn't bother me. Looks really nice.

grolson1993 10-31-2012 11:04 AM

what is the fit like for the XL shirts? is it kinda slim fitting or is it looser? and how long are they? been looking for some longer looseish shirts :) im 6' 7" and about 240

Top Jimmy 10-31-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grolson1993 (Post 6986118)
what is the fit like for the XL shirts? is it kinda slim fitting or is it looser? and how long are they? been looking for some longer looseish shirts :) im 6' 7" and about 240

Haha, they aren't that big.

I'm 6'0" and 200 lbs and I'd say they aren't tight but not loose, kind of that perfect fitted size. Not sure XXL would be long enough. My XL comes down below my waist line by 3-4 inches i'm guessing. Really fits perfect.

PBODY99 10-31-2012 06:07 PM

I have the white polo and shirt,added an Orange top from a friend who was in Singapore last year. Not bad, just another outfit for my collection. Fit was a little tight in the shoulders, I only wear a 42 regular suit.
As Billy Crystal's character Fernando said,
" It is better to look good than to ........."

The Meat 10-31-2012 07:17 PM

For the price of the Li-Ning shoes, I could buy a pair of CB's and they come with the 6-month guarantee.....

Also, I don't like the look of the outsole on the Li-Ning's. Reminds me of the Propulses, which I killed in a month....

zapvor 10-31-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 6900826)

Myself, I like the look of the Fall Polo II but $76 for a generically branded hoodie ain't happening. The shoes might be a goer once they're on sale. As a brand-agnostic gearhead I appreciate the additional choice of tennis clobber but can't see Li-Ning displacing even, say, Lotto, Wilson or other lower-tier tennis apparel brands.

lotto and wilson are pretty awesome

db10s 11-01-2012 05:16 AM

Not trying to hate, but I'd rather support an American company... Like Nike or even Arrow-Up.

jokinla 11-01-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db10s (Post 6987442)
Not trying to hate, but I'd rather support an American company... Like Nike or even Arrow-Up.

By American company, you mean the one that pays little kids in other countries to do its work, very American.