Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   is Performaxx Whispertouch still for sale? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440223)

Bahama Scott 09-15-2012 04:27 PM

is Performaxx Whispertouch still for sale?

Anyone know where I can buy this? Seems that it is not sold on the old internet site anymore. It seems that it won't let me type in the name of the _Bay :)

Chotobaka 09-15-2012 05:55 PM

Seems to be out of business at this time. I tried the Whisper Touch 17L and thought it was very good quality string. Fred's customer service on my transaction was another matter altogether.

I just received a couple of packs of Bow Brand and they look remarkably similar to Performaxx. Just sayin'.

edwincen 09-15-2012 07:15 PM

I think because the seller received too much negative comments so he stay back and try to improve the marketing.

Chotobaka 09-15-2012 07:31 PM

Other than third-world suppliers, there are three established, major manufacturers of NG (sometimes four when Bow decides to make tennis strings). He's burned his bridges with Pacific, so not so many options for OEM. Even though his CS is sketchy, I believe it is more of a supply issue.

levy1 09-15-2012 07:58 PM

received a email from Fred last week saying he was in business but having issues with **** and I could order direct from him. I am importing the best gut I have used since running out of his product. I am at about $20 a set for premium quality with consistent size. Ordered black from the bay and 3 sets in customers rackets broke at low tension within a few sets. Had to replace all at NC. Mamba did not work for me either. Love the new gut but it takes about 14 days to arrive and I have to order large quantities. I string 10-20 sets a month.

Chotobaka 09-15-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levy1 (Post 6901883)
received a email from Fred last week saying he was in business but having issues with **** and I could order direct from him. I am importing the best gut I have used since running out of his product. I am at about $20 a set for premium quality with consistent size. Ordered black from the bay and 3 sets in customers rackets broke at low tension within a few sets. Had to replace all at NC. Mamba did not work for me either. Love the new gut but it takes about 14 days to arrive and I have to order large quantities. I string 10-20 sets a month.

What is COO?

pvaudio 09-15-2012 09:04 PM

Levy, are you saying there is someone else providing high quality NG? I'm confused because you said that 3 sets broke prematurely...

jim e 09-16-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levy1 (Post 6901883)
Ordered black from the bay and 3 sets in customers rackets broke at low tension within a few sets. Had to replace all at NC.

Its things like this that keep me purchasing quality nat. gut as I typically only stock Wilson or VS gut, and since it is expensive I charge appropriately for it and I don't have to worry about issues like what you have.Anyone can sell a racquet but the string job has your signature to it sort of speaking, so I offer the best I can so less chance of issues, as if I use a cheap product it reflects back on me. Bottom line if I spend my time to string, its only a quality string and I charge appropriately for it and if that what the customer wants then they know what it will cost.

Those 3 sets that you had to replace, cost you time and $ so how can offering a cheap product help anyone? My thoughts are if a customer wants nat. gut, offer a quality one and at a rate you are happy to string it at and all should be happy.If they want a cheap gut let them go some place else, and some one else can deal with those issues that come up that goes with it.

Bahama Scott 09-16-2012 06:56 AM

OK, good news for those who love Perfomaxx products

I heard from Fred last night and he is still in business. He was unhappy with service from the bay but I can order directly thru him and pay thru the "Pal".
I have had great service from him. One set broke during stringing and he quickly replaced it for me. Delivery has also been prompt.

Plus I am crazy about the product.

Chotobaka 09-16-2012 10:19 AM

Fred had something on his site quite a while ago about leaving e*** and implementing an order system directly off his site. It has never materialized. Not exactly rocket science.

levy1 09-16-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim e (Post 6902392)
Its things like this that keep me purchasing quality nat. gut as I typically only stock Wilson or VS gut, and since it is expensive I charge appropriately for it and I don't have to worry about issues like what you have.Anyone can sell a racquet but the string job has your signature to it sort of speaking, so I offer the best I can so less chance of issues, as if I use a cheap product it reflects back on me. Bottom line if I spend my time to string, its only a quality string and I charge appropriately for it and if that what the customer wants then they know what it will cost.

Those 3 sets that you had to replace, cost you time and $ so how can offering a cheap product help anyone? My thoughts are if a customer wants nat. gut, offer a quality one and at a rate you are happy to string it at and all should be happy.If they want a cheap gut let them go some place else, and some one else can deal with those issues that come up that goes with it.

I will have to disagree with you. Most players agree that natural gut is one of the best string for tennis either full bed or in hybrid setups. The problem is they priced the product out of the market. Most players will not pay 50-60 for a gut setup. I started experimenting with less expensive alternatives. I strung a lot of Klip, Global, and Preformax with no problems and could price them at $35. Now that Pmaxx is unattainable I tried Mamba and a black gut on the bay. Both were unacceptable but I had informed the customers I was trying out new gut string and when they prematurely broke I strung everything up for free. Sure it cost me a little money but I saw it as a investment in the business and since I had informed them beforehand it was no issue. I am now importing a beautiful smooth gut, with excellent consistently and I have about $20 in it with shipping. Again I can give my customers the joy of a full bed and a gut poly combo at half the price and the gut will last twice as long as anything else out there. Not to mention all of the great properties of natural gut and gut/poly combos.

souledge 09-18-2012 12:00 PM

How do I get in touch with Fred?

levy1 09-18-2012 02:11 PM

tried to send you a email. did not work.

souledge 09-19-2012 09:59 AM

Sorry, can you try again?

mctennis 09-19-2012 07:19 PM

If it is that hard to get this string is it really worth chasing this guy down to get it? I'd be leery of doing that. I'd find another gut string that is easier to find.

levy1 09-20-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mctennis (Post 6909273)
If it is that hard to get this string is it really worth chasing this guy down to get it? I'd be leery of doing that. I'd find another gut string that is easier to find.

Not at all hard to get. Its international shipping because it comes from the point of manufacture so it takes 10-14 days to get to me. I cant find a low cost premium gut here in the USA so as long as you are going to find another one please let me know where to buy it from. Remember I said quality so when you buy the string from wherever you have to test it to make sure. It cost me about $100 and several hours of my time for this process to ensure my customers were getting a quality product. So when you find it let us know.

levy1 09-20-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by souledge (Post 6908397)
Sorry, can you try again?

Sent to you

Bahama Scott 09-21-2012 05:21 AM

Located owner of Performaxx

OK, I made contact with Fred the owner of Performaxx and here is his contact information:
fred.schwacke@gmail.com or performaxxstrings@gmail.com

He is in business and you can order directly from him and pay thru ___pal

souledge 09-21-2012 08:41 AM

How does the WhisperTouch 17L compare to VS Team 17, Pacific Prime 17 and Wilson NG 17?

levy1 09-22-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by souledge (Post 6912012)
How does the WhisperTouch 17L compare to VS Team 17, Pacific Prime 17 and Wilson NG 17?

You have to try it yourself to tell. I like it better the Pacific,Klip, Mamba, will not pay the cost of VS and have not tried the others.