Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Yonex Poly Tour Pro: yellow and graphite (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440361)

dadozen 09-17-2012 10:34 AM

Yonex Poly Tour Pro: yellow and graphite

Has anyone noticed any difference between the yellow and the graphite versions of the Yonex Poly Tour Pro?

I've been using the yellow version on the crosses and if there's no difference in performance, I'll definitely switch to the graphite version, the yellow one doesn't look good in my Prestiges...

cocarrot 11-07-2012 12:57 PM

Anyone who tried both yellow and graphite Poly Tour Pro?

pvaudio 11-07-2012 08:27 PM

I have the yellow coming...and prestiges coming haha.

3fees 11-07-2012 09:34 PM

I keep hearing good things about Yonex Poly Tour Pro::

"This softer feeling polyester string gives great access to spin. Durable and offers excellent control".

It may be the best poly on the market- price/quality.

I have to get me a pack and see what all the fuss is about,,lol

:)

The Big Kahuna 11-10-2012 05:04 PM

Read the reviews in StringForum. They are outstanding.

pvaudio 11-10-2012 06:59 PM

Just playtested it today. Absolute mediocrity. Seriously, it plays like Polyfibre Black Venom.

purple-n-gold 11-11-2012 03:27 PM

I got the green HS version, any input on it?

dekko1 11-14-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple-n-gold (Post 7009059)
I got the green HS version, any input on it?

Green feels stiffer, so I would string it at least a few pounds less than u would if u ever used the yellow one. When strung loser, it's a great string, lots of pop, good combination of control and power. But not as comfortable as the yellow.

dekko1 11-14-2012 02:09 AM

Anyone tried the graphite yet?

edwincen 11-14-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekko1 (Post 7015496)
Anyone tried the graphite yet?

I tried both, graphite felt a bit stiffer and crispy, but its just a little bit stiffer.

tistrapukcipeht 11-14-2012 06:05 AM

I have been using the poly tour HS for a long time actually on my Ezone Xi Team Plus.

Durability, longevity without losing its characteristics are great, power level is low (exactly why I use it on this racquet), spin isn't that great, but the racquet brings a lot of spin on its own, very good feel, it keeps the tension very well.

I haven't tried the poly tour pro yet, it looks to be more powerful and softer than the other ones, so I'm not interested in that right now, that would cause an imbalance in my set up.

dadozen 11-14-2012 10:36 AM

Totally forgot about this topic I started. I'm currently using the yellow version on the crosses, and I love the control and pin point accuracy it adds to the stringjob( B5E on mains ).

Tested the graphite version and it's a tad softer IMO, and it lacked the control the yellow version gives me.

It's just my opinion, but I tested them side to side.

pvaudio 11-14-2012 11:21 AM

Is it better as a cross? It does not feel very nice in a full bed at all, but since it's got that orange-skin texture, I bet it'd make a wicked gut cross.

Torres 11-14-2012 11:36 AM

Cross for what? Loses too much tension too quickly to be used as a cross with gut.

pvaudio 11-14-2012 11:44 AM

That is what I meant, and yeah if you looked in my thread, the tension loss was simply appalling. Still, ALU loses tension terribly and it makes a great gut cross.

Torres 11-14-2012 11:52 AM

Alu does all sorts of strange things with repeated hitting, but it does stiffen with hitting thus compensating for any tension loss up to a point.

Main thing a poly cross needs to do with gut is (1) remain stiff enough to stop the gut from trampolining and (2) let the poly slide. PTP isn't really that type of string for (1). Best as a full bed (or possibly as a main). Best when fresh as a PTP stringbed seems to get softer over time.