Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The reasons why you lose are similar to why you are not improving very much. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440593)

kiteboard 09-19-2012 07:26 AM

The reasons why you lose are similar to why you are not improving very much.

It's all about the body clock engines inside. Upper body coils unit turns, and lower body coils/loads the upper into position.. Lull-jam-finish energy jams you, whether you jam yourself, or the opponents' shot jams you, the result is the same: loss and non improvement.

Hi I'm Ray 09-19-2012 07:55 AM

Hey Kite, I think you might need to explain this more and how it relates to not improving. I think I get it, but I remember when you wrote about internal clocks, lull/jam/finish, etc., and it was several pages long - a lot of ppl are probably going to be confused by the above w/out any explanations.

kiteboard 09-19-2012 08:43 AM

“Play within yourself.” How many times have you heard that phrase? You are playing within yourself whether you like it or not!

The reasons why you lose are similar to the reasons why you don't improve much. We are not masters of the body clock internally.

Inside each of us, there is an upper body engine and a lower body clock engine and they are using separate types of energy flows. The upper engine controls our unit turns. The unit turn determines how much we coil, our power developed, and how fast we can unleash each shot. The lower body clock controls our foot work and court coverage. There is also both a conscious, and a subconscious body clock/engine. These “clocks” control our timing mechanisms and the different “engines” in our bodies. They require coordinated rhythm and timing to create dominant play. The upper clock has to remain super relaxed for the most speed of coil possible, and the lower clock is the opposite: Samuari stiff and choppy quick.
It’s the Kuerten drunken monkey upper body, super loose, versus the Bruce Lee lower body, stiff, wide stance, on bent knees, on the balls of your feet, tense and tightened shins, and choppy/fast movements and short loading steps.

Limpinhitter 09-19-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiteboard (Post 6908118)
It's all about the body clock engines inside. Upper body coils unit turns, and lower body coils/loads the upper into position.. Lull-jam-finish energy jams you, whether you jam yourself, or the opponents' shot jams you, the result is the same: loss and non improvement.

This is what happens Kite smokes crack before he eats his psilosyben mushrooms?

LeeD 09-19-2012 09:01 AM

I lose because my body is broken and I play tennis once a week......:)

r2473 09-19-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

If I've said this once I've said it a thousand times.

Limpinhitter 09-19-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 6908308)
If I've said this once I've said it a thousand times.

Hahaha! "Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle . . . ."

Larrysümmers 09-19-2012 10:51 AM

i hear ya man.

kiteboard 09-19-2012 01:27 PM

It is so regardless of any of the foo foo comments.

guitarplayer 09-19-2012 01:38 PM

You lose because of poor stragety and not being able to take advantages of your opponents weaknesses.....not body turn or coiling.

I've beat lots of guys with picture perfect strokes but no game plan.

Vlad_C 09-19-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

BC Bud.
It's good, and its good for you.

(Kids, don't do drugs.)

Cheers.

LuckyR 09-19-2012 02:59 PM

One half of everyone who picks up a racquet will lose, you don't need a "reason", it is part of the game.

sureshs 09-19-2012 03:02 PM

Should not always be the same half, though

Up&comer 09-19-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiteboard (Post 6908816)
It is so regardless of any of the foo foo comments.

Oh man, so true. I was playing a guy who was much better in every catagory than me and was getting smoked. Then I got my body clock a'ticken and bam, I didn't lose another point.

LuckyR 09-19-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 6908949)
Should not always be the same half, though

... it's not...

sundaypunch 09-19-2012 05:10 PM

How do I weaponize my lower body clock engine?

LeeD 09-19-2012 05:18 PM

Jack up the torso, replace the legs with DavidFerrer's.

Larrysümmers 09-19-2012 07:50 PM

people think you are wacky, but i really do follow what you are saying. to play YOUR BEST you have to have a clear, yet pumped up mindset. and everything has to be working all in order, fluently, and all in sync.

r2473 09-19-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larrysümmers (Post 6909325)
people think you are wacky, but i really do follow what you are saying. to play YOUR BEST you have to have a clear, yet pumped up mindset. and everything has to be working all in order, fluently, and all in sync.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larrysümmers (Post 6909365)
25, and im ripped outta my gored! if college prof. are getting 55% on these things then i think we need some new profs.

You finally understand kiteboard

Larrysümmers 09-19-2012 08:56 PM

yeah. maybe someday ill make a mission trip to California so KB can give me a personal lesson on controlling my energy and body rhythm